It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss police thwart 'eco-anarcho terror' attack on IBM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Swiss police thwart 'eco-anarcho terror' attack on IBM

www.theregister.co.uk

IBM has been allegedly targeted by a group of Italian eco-terrorists intent on bombing a planned nano-technology centre in Switzerland.

Police in Switzerland apparently foiled the attack by members of Italian eco-anarchist group Il Silvestre when they stopped a car a few miles from the target on April 15.

Officers allegedly found a primed device when they searched the vehicle, the Daily Mail reports. According to the Mail, police said "A large quantity of explosives was found."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.google.co.uk
news.google.co.uk
news.google.co.uk

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I wonder why this group targetted IBM?
It sounds like they were against advanced technologies in the same way as the "Unabomber" Ted kasinski.

en.wikipedia.org...

IBM certainly have a long record of developing certain technologies which some may deem oppressive or just down right nasty.

Beginning with the "punch card" computers which they lovingly deveoped to help the Nazis calculate just how long a person could be worked for,before they dropped dead:

IBM and the Holocaust is the stunning story of IBM's strategic alliance with Nazi Germany -- beginning in 1933 in the first weeks that Hitler came to power and continuing well into World War II. As the Third Reich embarked upon its plan of conquest and genocide, IBM and its subsidiaries helped create enabling technologies, step-by-step, from the identification and cataloging programs of the 1930s to the selections of the 1940s.

Only after Jews were identified -- a massive and complex task that Hitler wanted done immediately -- could they be targeted for efficient asset confiscation, ghettoization, deportation, enslaved labor, and, ultimately, annihilation. It was a cross-tabulation and organizational challenge so monumental, it called for a computer. Of course, in the 1930s no computer existed.

But IBM's Hollerith punch card technology did exist. Aided by the company's custom-designed and constantly updated Hollerith systems, Hitler was able to automate his persecution of the Jews.

www.ibmandtheholocaust.com...

But that was years ago...they can't still be that involved in opression can they?

Maybe they can:

DARPA & IBM building a “global brain” “cognitive computer” for “monitoring people”

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are also heavily involved in Biometrics research,which are also used to catalogue,track and trace people,think ID cards,Check points etc.

www.research.ibm.com...

Could IBM have been targeted for their work in such areas?

Was this an isolated incident?
Or were these 3 people part of a bigger group of people who have decided to take on IBM?

I can see that some people may dislike what they find out about corporations like IBM,but I don't think resorting to planting bombs will do anything other than crank up the "police state" attitude of such companies IMO.

Any thoughts on the matter are welcome.

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27/4/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Perhaps this group found proof of what I merely suspect. That someone out there is building a system to catalogue everyone, cross refference names with religion, gender, race, economic grade, and other things, and give this tech to a group, or party which will use this tech to wipe out anything they do not consider worthy of breathing.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
anarco/eco terrorist group target nano technologies facilities, they are for them a danger for the privacy of every people.

Even if their fear are legitimate I think they are a bit too paranoid.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

That someone out there is building a system to catalogue everyone

No. That system already exsists, and we glady join in the millions.

99% of the population gladly gives over their most intimate details everytime they go to a grocery store.

Do you have Tesco ( walmrt, SAMS, ect
card? I bet you do.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Merigold]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I dont own or use any form of plastic. Nor do I buy things using cheques. I pay in cold hard cash for everything I purchase. I draw my money from a clerk at the teller desk in the bank, not by ATM.
In any case, only the companies that you bank with can have your details legaly ... perhaps this thing IBM are working on is meant to take all data and collate it to form a total work up of everyone on this planet. Remember people in third world nations dont all have plastic, or even have thier births registered. Perhaps this system is REALLY scary!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Their project with DARPA suggests that is exactlly what they are aiming for,some kind of omnipotent super AI computers to essentially make a real time image of every single movement on earth,humans,animals,resources,particles,etc.

They know that if they come up with a viable sytem to acheive this,then they basically have more power than any government.
This will change the evolution of our species if it goes a....they know that as well,and will fight to make it happen.

If someone tries to blow up their new building,it will just make them stronger I think...Hell maybe IBM staged the attack-stranger things have happened.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

They certainly have. Probably on one of the most well known dates in recent history as well , but thats another thread, well trodden

Its a freaky thought though isnt it ? I know my efforts not to use plastic are virtualy useless because I use the internet, even though I never use it to buy stuff, them who are interested still know what my face looks like. Its pretty bizzare to think like this, but nothing is worth out of hand dismissal.
I hope someone gives this thing a big virus.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Darned right its freaky mate.
Yeah,I was on a cash only kick for a while,just to make the point really(that I do not like the way cards track your spending then sell on the data to other companies without your consent.)

Trouble is,most if not all places where you spend your cash will have good ol cctv,pubs,supermarkets,banks,doctors,garages etc...
Now all such venues will soon have (if not already)linked up to our met cops facial recognition system,just like those blue cameras they told us were to monitor traffic jams at first....

So nowadays it is sadly pretty much the same when you use cash sadly..although I will still use it to be one of the statistics,hopefully delaying the total removal of cash,which they plan-just like the cheques mate.

And don't worry about terrorists either bud,because soon it looks as though we will be under the watchful eyes of the global hawk drones which our government are in negotiations with the pentagon over how many they will lovingly sell to us..

www.dailymail.co.uk...

(Sorry) Daily mail link,but the government are doing this.

This is great isn't it Bro?
Just what we were told as kids-we are to grow up into a crazy mixture between "Brave New World" and a version of "1984" on steroids and nano technology,mixed with a healthy dose of marxist/hitlerian ideology-and we will love it.
Its all completley normal,and nothing to worry about.
We are to bow to the bullcrap of the corporations,and if we don't go along with it we must be mental,right?

Just take your soma,and think how cheap a nice choclate bar is...
Or those lovely chinese slave built trainers..
Mmmm,makes you proud to be a human doesn't it?

And I aint some anarchist-I got zero points on my 15year old driving licence,and have never been in trouble with the law...yet I feel as though I am being watched,and evaluated as some kind of pre-criminal.

Thanks UK government,you really suck.

Rant/Apology/Rant

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This attack on IBM will soon be wiped from the media map I think.

"SHHhhh! Joe public does not need to know about this.lets not tell him that we are creating a supreme AI mind to control his every move,to run his central heating and electric supply,to monitor his movements and eventually thoughts...just feed him some more TV garbage,quick,put Eastenders on or anything with Simon Cowells face on..

They love it.It will work.We will have all of their souls if this pays off."

Thats how things are going,in 2010 on planet earth.And If they tell you its good,well...
Most would buy that.
But not me.
And not us at ATS.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yet another reason to love ATS. I never stop learning. I never even heard of such a mixed up group ('eco-anarcho terror') Are they popular in Europe? In the US. I must be not reading the right stuff.

S&F Thank you for bring this one up. Now I have to toss the IBM/Global info collecting concept into with all the other stuff I have learned here at ATS into the brain hopper and see what comes out.

It will be interesting to see what (if any) evidence comes out about these folks. And, Hats of to the cops-good work.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks Bro/Sis,
I always appreciate your comment.
This is a subject worthy of looking at IMO.

Sometimes the darkest of shadows are so hard to see,for they are obscured by the multitude of others.

new topics

top topics

join