It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviet Missile Trains?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hi list,

I rememmber watching the movie Goldeneye and in it was a guy living in a armored soviet missile train.. I wonder if these exist in real life? The quote from one of the characters in the movie: "armored junk that used to run around the country (Soviet Union) so we couldn't target them"

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
both the russians and americans have nukes on railways. they used to be on the move nonstop during the coldwar so they couldnt be targeted but now they r probably stored away somewhere

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
www.new-factoria.ru...

Found a photo and some info (In Russian) about the trains. I put it through babelfish to translate it well into English.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yes, the Russians have rail mobile nukes, no we don't (We had planned on it, but the cold war ended before we ever got around to it)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
www.new-factoria.ru...

Found a photo and some info (In Russian) about the trains. I put it through babelfish to translate it well into English.

Soviets had molodets rail mobile nukes , which in the west was known as SS-24

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
wasn't it Arkady Ourumov in that train... i only remember from the game cause he was keeping Natalya hostage, and this one time i was able to glitch the game out and get to the back where Trevelyan and Xenia were.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by purplemonkey]

new topics

top topics

join