It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street has spent $1 million a day lobbying against financial reform.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Don't you love how money Talks and BS walk, the corruption in Washington is incredible.

How many in ATS believe that we will get anything to favor Main street over Wall Street?.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) plans to hold a key procedural vote on the most sweeping financial reform since the Great Depression late Monday afternoon despite not having the necessary 60 votes to overcome a possible Republican filibuster.

With just 59 Democrats in the senate, Reid needs at least one Republican to join his caucus in voting to debate on the bill.

All indications are, however, that Republicans will uniformly oppose the measure as it is currently constructed.

"We don't have a bipartisan compromise yet," Senate Minority Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said on FOX News Sunday." "But I think there's a good chance that we're going to get it."

So far the have been able to kill the Tax funding for failing banks but for how long.

www.economyincrisis.org...

Meanwhile so far the major banks in the nation and financial institutions has spend a total of $6.9 million on lobbying in the first quarter of this year and growing.

The face of America today is not a pretty picture for the tax payer and voters when it comes to win favors from the politicians in Washington.

Six major banks, including Goldman Sachs Group Inc., J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and Morgan Stanley, spent a total of $6.9 million on lobbying in the first quarter of this year. That’s up by a third compared with the same time last year. Goldman Sachs increased its lobbying by more than 70 percent since the same period a year ago. The company is under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission for alleged investor fraud.

Wall Street seeks out lawmakers, and lawmakers seek out Wall Street. In recent months, politicians from both parties have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from big banks and investment companies. The fundraisers provide access to key politicians working on legislation that directly affects the finance industry.

www.csmonitor.com...

We stand no chance against the millions been invested for congress to work against we the people

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
about all $$ the Main Street portion of the lobby campaign by big Finance industry...
are the Hotel Suite rentals,
the upscale restaurant business

and of course the fringe element where night clubs and pole-dancers
stand to get the gratuities and 'benefits'...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
So who is against financial reform let's see... Wall Street and Republicans!
What a surprise. I can't wait until I'm filthy rich and can afford to be a republican.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Doesn't this makes you blood boil, is just incredible even with the government supposedly going against Goldman Sach they are one of the biggest pimps in Washington.

How can we get anything to favor main street?. Then people are still dreaming that our government works for us.

We stand no chance when it comes to the color and smell of money.

BTW the lap dances in Washington happen to be very expensive, darn crocks and dirty rats.

The madams also are breaking profits this days in Washignton,

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Read my signature, my friend, nothing but whores is what we got in Washington this days.

You know Republicans are for Wal-Street but the article mention both parties are reaping millions of money for their campaign

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
What a surprise. I can't wait until I'm filthy rich and can afford to be a republican.

the reason the Republicans are against the current 'Reform' is because the Democrat bill has a continual bailout function contained in it.

Remove the neverending rescue measue, where the risk is paid by the taxpayer and the profits are retained by the diverse finance industry...Then our eagle-eyed Republicans might pass a comprehensive reform bill that has some teeth....

Sen Dodd and the cabal are not having the good of the nation at heart

edit to ADD:
www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What I want to know is who the hell comes up with these bull # figures! for example the volcanic ash chaos is going to cost 2.5 billion euros, who the hell knows this, do they pick a number and then multiply it by ten of thousands, its completely made up and it really gets my goat!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yeah! this is crazy! you guys have a seriously broken system!

It's seriously a screwed up'd situation when money of crime-ridden corporation are controlling your politicians and the way they may vote on important issuses for the American average people.

And in this case, this is a concern for the whole world since these Banks on Wall Street have destroyed our global financial system with all these fraudulent toxic CDS & Interests rate swaps derivatives - so these decisions are affecting us a well!

It's just frikkin unbelievable that your corrupt and bought politicians are making decisions that affect all of us in the whole world!

These morally corrupt U.S financial institutions on Wall Street need to be dismantled for the good of mankind IMHO!

Rant over!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

your completely right...

and our (USAs) Treasury & FED think that passing $650Billion to European central banks will be enough...

...and our legal system thinking that a levy of 'fines' is the answer...

no it has to be Jail-outs not Bail-outs,
to my humble way of thinking

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You think that the people that are running our nation behind the president is going to get any day in jail? not in our wildest dream.

That is why I am very interested in the Saga against Goldman Sach and I wonder if the tax payer will be paying for the law sues.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am not surprised by any of this? Cash is King! That is the story in every major American city, and the Capitol is the tip of the ice berg. This lobbyists are the legislators, and the politicians are only figureheads. They only hold a title of Senator or Congressmen, Republican or Democratic. They relish in promoting the greater, oh wait, the greater good of the business climate, and the corporation. Those who got the most cash get the most out of our government. That is the fact of the matter, and the system is paralyzed.

In other words, the Capitol has become the playground for the corporation. Moreover they own Washington, and the government. It is all about those that got and those that don't. For instance, I caught a few minutes of that Goldman Sachs hearing on CSPAN and was watching Senator Carl Levin digging into the Goldman Sachs shysters and thugs, and I thought, why is this clown berating the very people he was complicit in the scam with? The reason I say complicit, is the simple fact that essentially no one on both sides of the isle, spoke out about the shady deals being made on Wallstreet leading up to the collapse of 2008. All of them should be should be sitting shoulder to shoulder in cuffs before a judge, and a court. None of them are lily white and innocent from their complicity in the heist of the century.

What a joke, and a kangaroo court these hearings have become. The reason I criticize the politicians, who are now all of sudden pointing the big finger at the tomfoolery of big business and Wallstreet? Here is why, many are the very people who cashed checks and received perks from these business. The hypocrisy is rife!

I am fairly certain the tangled web of deceit and corruption goes both far and wide in the houses of government. These politicians have become whores for the corporations, and have bastardized their office for financial gain. Like many, I am sick and tired of the sway the lobbyists have in Washington, but the politicians will never bite the hand that feeds them. Cash is King!

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The only thing that is surprising is that they have not spent more. the people in wall street will not change like those in washington and london.

Amazing how they will always keep there system going, and its all just a con.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

the reason the Republicans are against the current 'Reform' is because the Democrat bill has a continual bailout function contained in it.

Remove the neverending rescue measue, where the risk is paid by the taxpayer and the profits are retained by the diverse finance industry...Then our eagle-eyed Republicans might pass a comprehensive reform bill that has some teeth....

Sen Dodd and the cabal are not having the good of the nation at heart

edit to ADD:
www.washingtonpost.com...

No it doesn't, you are falling for more republican lies. There is a feature that will make the financial industry bail itself out and then go out of business should they try something like this again. That is not a bailout. The reason the republicans are against it is the same reason that they have opposed EVERY SINGLE THING that the dems have tried to do since they came into power, because they aren't in power so they obstruct everything regardless of the the welfare of the American people. They stand for the rich insurance companies first, now for Wall Street. I can't believe people would fall for their lies.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

[...]
No it doesn't, you are falling for more republican lies.
There is a feature that will make the financial industry bail itself out and then go out of business should they try something like this again.
That is not a bailout.

then you go into a baseless ramble...

The reason the republicans are against it is the same reason that they have opposed EVERY SINGLE THING that the dems have tried to do since they came into power, because they aren't in power so they obstruct everything regardless of the the welfare of the American people.

I will address the 1st part which has 'some legs'...
the cursery feature your talking about is merely the Poison Pill the bill had to have, or else the bill would have been laughed out of the house at the onset...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
post by marg6043

Originally posted by marg6043

You think that the people that are running our nation behind the president is going to get any day in jail? not in our wildest dream.

That is why I am very interested in the Saga against Goldman Sach ...

Hey Marge,

6PM EDT. TV coverage
did you see any of the questions given to Head Elite BLANKENFEIN
(of GoldmanSachs)

evasion-evasion-evasion

i especially liked his response to the Q that did he discuss evasive monetary consequences for his company with others?

his A ---- errr, uhhhh.....i cannot recollect if anything was said about shorting the confidentialially known positions of clients... when i called (so-&-so)

hey dude - You initiated the call
your not a CEO because your mind isn't a steel-trap instrument

is my analysis/commentary to his fluff, crap, response

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

That on TV today was nothing but a pony show, once I started to watch the show, I came the conclusion that nothing will come out all this but just another game been played to keep the masses in control.

After all congress is doing everything they can, right? at a tune of 1 million dollars a day.

new topics

top topics

join