It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s Navy Gets Its Act Together, and Gets Aggressive! Chilling Report!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

China’s decades-long military modernization effort is paying off

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/451dcf993be7.jpg[/atsimg]

After assembling a revamped arsenal of new ships, subs, planes, and missiles, the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) is showing that they can use all those assets together, in an operation far from its shores. This display of improved military capabilities have occurred in conjunction with messages to the U.S. indicating a more aggressive approach from Beijing on China’s claims over disputed waters of the South China Seas. The United States must respond to this emerging challenge with a responsible approach that keeps tensions low while sending a clear message to Beijing that the U.S. will not accept China’s efforts to unilaterally control Southeast Asia’s maritime commons.

The South China Morning Post recently reported that destroyers, frigates, and auxiliary ships from the North Sea Fleet (based in Qingdao) passed through the Bashi Strait between the Philippines and Taiwan to conduct a major “confrontation exercise” in the South China Sea. A few days later, Sovremenny guided missile destroyers, frigates, and submarines from the East Sea Fleet (based in Ningbo) passed through Japan’s Miyako Strait without warning Tokyo and conducted anti-submarine warfare exercises in the Pacific waters southeast of Japan. There have also been reports of naval aviators from several bases in the Nanjing and Guangzhou military regions conducting long-range exercises that incorporated radar jamming, night flying, mid-air refueling, and simulated bombing runs in the South China Sea.

These exercises are also notable for their location and their timing. By transiting the Miyako Strait and operating in highly contested waters, China is sending a signal to the region that it is developing the ability to back up its territorial sea claims with more than just rhetoric. These exercises were conducted a few weeks after Deputy Secretary of State James Steinberg and NSC Senior Director for Asia Jeff Bader visited Beijing. As reported by the New York Times, they were told that the South China Sea is a “core interest” for the PRC. This is an important phrase for Beijing – it raises the South China Sea to the same level of significance as Taiwan and Tibet – and suggests a newly aggressive and provocative approach.

By labeling the South China Sea as a “core interest” and conducting these exercises just days later, China has issued its reply: China will aggressively back its claims with a robust military capability.

China’s claims of sovereignty over the South China Sea, if left unchallenged, would make Beijing the arbiter of all international maritime traffic that passes through, which the U.S. cannot allow. As we can see from the U.S. Defense Department’s annual reports to Congress on the Chinese military (pdf), China has been developing these capabilities for some time, and there is no sign that its ambitions have yet been satisfied.

Bottom line: this is just the beginning

Source: www.wired.com...

I feel that China represents the Greatest threat to the US and the world-as we know it. I think it is evident from this report that China is now making its move on the Western Pacific and South China Sea areas. Just a matter of time before all he00 breaks out. Then you toss in Russia as their buddy-watch out. Mark my words.

The Navy will be able to build a bridge to the US from all the ships they are going to have when they are done. The Chinese Army can just walk across the ships!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0361f6ee622d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
To be honest, Think of the "Two power Rule" Which the Royal Navy used at it's height.. i.e the RN was at least the same size as the combined force of the next 2 largest navies..

The US has had similar power projection, but if China etc carry on their fleet building programs the way they have then that supremecy will be eroded, as Britians was in the run up to WW1..

Methinks someone is trying to say they are no push over

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Reminds me of a thread a week ago with a guy saying China would invade the US. But everybody argued that China did not have the naval capacity to do so.

Now don't get me wrong, I still don't think china is capable of invading the US, but this shows they aren't pushovers either.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
China has issues. It may not happen in our lifetime. But IMO China will implode.

There will be huge social unrest. Pollution will kill eventually destroy their country. A huge imbalance in the male vs female population.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

40 to 60 million missing women.

Crazy stuff. Implosion I tell ya.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Impressive!

I wonder... did the Chinese "swabbies" swab the deck of that immaculant Cruiser or WHAT?!.. lol

wish America could clean Her decks that well... oh yeah, I forgot, We're too busy being WORLD COP to worry about cleanliness...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

How about it. I began to think the shot was an artist rendition. You never know with them. They pretty sneaky.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Yes, I think it's a computer render. Just looks like V-Ray.

Water is done well.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

I'm sorry I have to ask.

What is V-Ray?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

V-Ray is a rendering engine that is used as an extension of certain 3D computer graphics software.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I say we arm Japan to the teeth and even out the equation. You can't tell me that option aint on the table.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Well whe you have a couple billion people what does it matter? America is going to kill herself off to if she keeps heading in the direction she's going.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Don't America and allies have missles that can take out a ship from a very long way away. I thought the navy was getting pretty outdated as far as fighting wars are concerned. Seems a waste to refurbish something that is or will be obselete.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
China can do what ever they want they have the US corporate government over a barrel financially. They can crash our economy over night by initiating a sell off of all our T bills they own. So we are going to do nothing. In fact our rogue government probably already gave thier blessings to those exercises to appease China not to crash our economy.

Most Americans have no clue and are led by the nose of a bought and paid for media campaign.

So people get all defensive etc. Until enough people wake up and stop being led by the nose WWIII is inevitable barring some divine intervention. All of which is highly unlikely at this point.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is a geat thread.S&F.

I don't like it one bit though. I don't think China is buliding all of these ships thinking that they will never use them. They must have something in mind. The only Navy that they could possibly be thinking about competing with is the U.S. Navy. This is truely chilling.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I do not think we have to worry much about China's Navy at this point in time.

Not counting our vast and powerful surface fleet, there are also 18 Ohio Class subs,SSBN's, each carrying 24 Trident II with 8 independently targeted warheads, which totals about 50% of our nuclear deterrent. That equals 3,456 nukes on these subs.

And then we have 45 active Los Angeles Class fast attack subs loaded to the hilt with Tomahawk Cruise missiles. The most "famous" being the USS Dallas from the movie "The Hunt For Red October".

Add to this our surface fleet, it is easy to see China has a long, long way to go to even think about going head to head with the United States Navy.

Right now they have no chances in a million against us, militarily.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralRipper
Reminds me of a thread a week ago with a guy saying China would invade the US. But everybody argued that China did not have the naval capacity to do so.

Now don't get me wrong, I still don't think china is capable of invading the US, but this shows they aren't pushovers either.

I am the first to admit that I am ignorant in the ways of warfare, so please tell me why it would be impossible for China to successfully invade the US?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am the first to admit that I am ignorant in the ways of warfare, so please tell me why it would be impossible for China to successfully invade the US?

My entire list of why it won't work.

1). Logistics

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by slambam

Thanks.

second line.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Although the means has changed via technological progress Alfred Thayer Mahan notion of in so many words those who controls the seas controls the world remains correct . China has to protect its commerce out of self interest and National Security reasons . The USA neither has the will , institutional capacity , military doctrine or the economy necessary to fight a war with the Chinese Navy little alone the rest of that country military .

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I 100% agree with what you wrote. That is what I am saying. China and Russia are on the move-UPwards while the US continues DOWNward-under Obama (in almost every area).

We (USA) couldn't muster together a real fighting force if our future depended on it-we need to rebuild our Military and form new Doctriens-and not soles peace-keeping of humanitarian etc.

I would rather be feared the respected! Well, kind of like China is today...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join