It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My U2U button wont go away

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hello,

My U2U button is always red and wont go away, this has been going on for weeks and I thought patience would be the cure, but I think its a bug or something. My inbox, outbox etc have no unread messages in it.

Anything I can do?

[edit on 27/4/2010 by the_denv]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Your box might be full of read messages, try a clear out of the ones you don't need to keep.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Thanks for the advice. I just deleted about 10 ATS Admin messages and still no joy mate. My U2U wont go away, as if there are messages still in it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
delete the newest message. I have had that happen before. I think it's a way for them to monitor us. Or possible it's just a glitch. naw, they are watching us.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Thanks for the reply network dude, sadly its not working. I do think they are watching us!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Try clearing all...
if all else fails, just put a piece of black tape on the screen where the button is...

Oh and you bet your bottom someone is watching us

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Same here...

cyber terrorism.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Try clearing all...
if all else fails, just put a piece of black tape on the screen where the button is...

Oh and you bet your bottom someone is watching us

you mean just like on the car where the low oil light used to be?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Make sure that you've clicked on all the messages, one at a time so that the system thinks they've been read - confuses me sometimes.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Usually deleting all the old and newest messages will do the trick, just save the messages that you want to keep and clean up the entire box, then exit and log in again.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Most of the time when the U2U button stays lit up it's because someone sent you a U2U and then read it from their sent box. Sometimes moving messages to your 'Saved' box will fix it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

you mean just like on the car where the low oil light used to be?

Naw that just looks tacky...
to fix annoying "Check Engine" lights you just smack them with a hammer a few times.... gotta show these cars who's in charge right?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
THIS IS A BUG THAT'S BEEN ON ATS FOR YEARS.

The cause is a U2U that someone sent, with inCoRrEcT cApiTalizatioN of your user name. Look for a U2U addressed to "The_Denv", for example, and delete it.

Even after you read those U2Us, and they're marked as read (no longer bolded), they still cause the 'little red U2U light' to remain lit.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
THIS IS A BUG THAT'S BEEN ON ATS FOR YEARS.

So why does it still exist then?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I believe that glitch has been fixed in the ATS 2010 addition.

================================

I just move the U2U to my saved box, that has always worked for me

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I believe that glitch has been fixed in the ATS 2010 addition.

Just in time.

It's almost May, I heard it'll be ready at the end of April. Is it ready yet?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for all your replies and secondly, I was on holiday and that is why I did not reply in time. (BTW: I was on holiday in the middle of nowhere in a forest in Ireland, where the road has grass growing up the middle of the road, no houses for miles - and guess what? A Google car drove past me in my tent! LOL!)

Anyway...

Thanks for your replies I have tried everything you all have suggested and still nothing. There are messages that I have in my inbox/saved in which I would like to keep. According to a previous post this is going to be fixed in an ATS update? That would be excellent, I cant wait for that happening. My U2U button is still showing though. I am not pushy, and will follow the advice of a member here that posted "stick black tape on my screen" - until such times.

That Google car in the middle of nowhere in a road that is only open to local farmers is just plain crazy, Google is everywhere ehh?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Yes, the new design has a new private message alert...so it will be fixed. But in the meantime, try saving all your messages - time consuming yes, but it should work. I encounter this problem often and I just start saving everything.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We could all send you some messages, and make your experience a little more interesting at least!

This is not a one-line post any more.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I did some clean up and it worked.
Moved all to save and then deleted a lot.
Then looked in outbox and saw bold type in the titles or subject.
Unopened mail perhaps I sent out.
One guy was banned so I guess he never opened his mail.
I deleted the bold typed ones and no more u2u.
I think it was the sent mail but I did clean up a lot.
Thanks for topic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join