It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Israel Stand Alone Against Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Does Israel Stand Alone Against Iran?

www.haaretz.com

Based on the declarations coming out of Washington recently, as well as American actions (or lack thereof) on the matter of Iran's pursuit of a nuclear weapon, reasonable suspicions are being raised that Israel could be left to face the Iranian problem alone.

U.S. President Barack Obama has declared his commitment to Israel's security more than once and has promised to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons. But now, as every target date set by the Americans has passed and the plan for...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
No matter if White House says answer every day and night, Israel is prepeared to act alone. All neighbor states are giving warnings to not start any war at this moment, but Israel still keeps their IDF as best way to handle their future.

Time is runnig out - why? - Take look in to this quote...

"This June, before Lebanon takes its turn as president of the UN Security Council, is seen as the new final target period to approve sanctions."

WAR BEFORE JUNE 2010?

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Israel (as a government not a people) is full of bull. They have some of the most effective anti projectile defense equipment ever built , being designed in thier own nation, and yet decide the best response to home made barely functional bottle rockets, is to go in to Gaza and destroy homes , schools, and UN buildings, killing anything which stands in thier way, be it kids, women, or non combatants just trying to escape.
If they start a war on Iran, then that only proves that the government of Israel are a bunch of warmongering right wing fascists , and need to be put the hell down before they get us all killed in some nuclear nightmare .
There are certainly better ways to deal with the Iran nuclear crisis that threatening a state which is already extremist lead, and unstable as all hell!
Diplomacy would be better. I find it hard to equate the leadership in Israel with the Jewish beliefs of the population. Surely they worship the same God creator that Christians do? If this truely is the case then surely they are aware that this overriding addiction to military action is sinful and goes against every tenent of the Judao-christian faith? The question is not does Israel stand alone against Iran, but do the Israeli people stand at all against thier psychopathic leaders!?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It all depends on who gets involved and how it escalates. It is tough to say who is willing to get involved. I don't think many of Israel's allies are too keen on supporting it, but they may be left with no choice once the conflict spreads to other regions. Likewise, I do not think Iran's allies like the thought of a large-scale war with the USA, and they know it is a possibility given its history of aiding Israel.

Let us hope that sense can prevail before a war does take place. Because, if ever there was a War that could wipe out Humanity, the current situation has all the correct ingredients...

[edit on 27/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm get more worried when I hear the people inside Israel are being sold they have no support in the world, thus have to act alone.. As I really feel that plays into the hands of the hawks..

I fear we are near the end of this process and soon the hawks will be free to act as they wish.. that will be a dire day for us all,but in the meanwhile my hope is that sense will prevail..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Israel, in the situation it finds itself, has but one choice, PAX ROMANA! Make the consequences of attacking Israel so fearsome that the enemies surrounding it will think twice and thrice, before doing such. Israel is not in a position like the US is. They dont have 2 oceans for border defense, nor do they have the combined economic and strategic assets of 50 states to pull from for protection. They are surrounded on all sides by nations intent on their demise. Quite frankly I think Israel needs to strike hard and decisively against Iran's nuclear facilities, as well as against the PLO, Hamas, hezbollah,and syria. They need to consolidate their positions in the Golan heights, and the west bank.

The current 16th century state of culture in the middle east does not understand anything but strenght and force, Israel understands this and as the threat grows against them I feel they will once again have to take their foes to the woodshed for a well deserve beating.
PAX ROMANA!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Israel has stopped building plans for the moment and Obama has assured them once again they have US support.

www.cbc.ca...

Here is the thread I started on this topic yesterday. www.abovetopsecret.com...#

(edited to add thread)

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Wolftotem]

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Wolftotem]

top topics

join