It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final shuttle flight delayed until November: Hmmm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Particle experiment needs to be reworked; Endeavour will take last mission

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d4bd94d6f66.jpg[/atsimg]

The shuttle Endeavour undergoes processing in February at NASA's Kennedy Space Center, in preparation for what is shaping up as the space shuttle fleet's final mission.

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - The space shuttle's last big-time science experiment, the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer, has delayed the end of the shuttle era from mid-September to at least mid-November.

The $1.5 billion particle detector is to be mounted on the station for an extended series of physics experiments, including a search for the universe's mysterious dark matter. The spectrometer may also help scientists gain new insights into the nature of antimatter and the origins of cosmic rays.

The upcoming flight of the shuttle Atlantis remains on schedule for launch no earlier than May 14. But the July flight of the shuttle Endeavour carrying the spectrometer will now leapfrog the shuttle Discovery's launch, currently set for Sept. 16. Endeavour's mission will now be launched no earlier than mid-November, NASA says.

Obama's budget request for NASA for the year beginning Oct. 1, which still must be approved by Congress, includes $600 million to keep the program going until the end of the year if necessary to accommodate technical or weather-related delays.

Source:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Sorry but I have to think there is another reason. Anyone in the know, know anything else they may wishing to be sending up there along with the "listed" cargo?

[edit on 4/27/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
In case you missed it. I think this is very interesting and telling.

Sorry for the thread pump but I want to get others insights on this.

Thinking I put it up too early this morning or something.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Shuttle missions are postponed all the time for the smallest things. The experiment they are talking about is a major reason for the last shuttle mission, and if that isn't ready, of course they are going to postpone the launch.

Not everything is a conspiracy my friend. Sometimes, things happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

True but most, if not all, conspiracy need a cover to happen. I tend to lean to There Up to Something..... That is just me though.

With these being the last missions for the US, maybe they are going to get everything they desire to up by themselves instead of getting involved with the Russians who then maybe able to ascertain what the US maybe doing or what cargo they are hauling for the US etc.

Let's leave it a conspiracy-for now. Works for me.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I thought this would happen, there has been "rumor" that they will extend the last mission into Feb of 2011 depending upon Shuttle processing.

I guess we will see what happens!

new topics

top topics

join