It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of Extreme Violence, Power and Reality.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Hello everyone.

I'm never usually one to care about dreams but for the last 6months all my dreams tend to be about violence and have become increasingly vivid and real.

By real I mean that usually my dreams would be somewhere I know in real life but it would be a bit backwards and things would lead to other places miles away etc as most people find in there dreams. But recently the dreams are exactly how the places are in real life, I had a dream recently that I killed someone that I'm no longer friends with, and the place where it happened was as real as anything.

Previously in years when I'd dream of fighting I'd be unable to throw a punch like most people have, but now I'm more powerful and violent than I'd imagine, it's all very weird.

I am keen weight lifting enthusiast and also box as well as teaching boxing to others. I don't take steroids and never would, I say this as some have said that these can lead to strange violent dreams.

I don't believe that the real world is the one in which we dream, a theory used by many, but I just feel rather worried about having these dreams of extreme violence, it just seems a little odd.

Has anyone else had dreams like this?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
Hello everyone.

I'm never usually one to care about dreams but for the last 6months all my dreams tend to be about violence and have become increasingly vivid and real.

By real I mean that usually my dreams would be somewhere I know in real life but it would be a bit backwards and things would lead to other places miles away etc as most people find in there dreams. But recently the dreams are exactly how the places are in real life, I had a dream recently that I killed someone that I'm no longer friends with, and the place where it happened was as real as anything.

Previously in years when I'd dream of fighting I'd be unable to throw a punch like most people have, but now I'm more powerful and violent than I'd imagine, it's all very weird.

I am keen weight lifting enthusiast and also box as well as teaching boxing to others. I don't take steroids and never would, I say this as some have said that these can lead to strange violent dreams.

I don't believe that the real world is the one in which we dream, a theory used by many, but I just feel rather worried about having these dreams of extreme violence, it just seems a little odd.

Has anyone else had dreams like this?

yeah, I had similar dreams but mostly zombies chasing after me. Basically watch 28 days later and you got what my dream is like. Sometimes it feels so real that sometimes I wake up with a cold sweat in tears. This has been happening the past year. It kind of calmed down, but not much. I have learned now to stand up to them, but then I wake up when I do that.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Most people have violent dreams at least occasionally.

Objectively dreams reflect internal psychology, chemistry & emotions which logically must affect how we relate/react/respond to reality as we encounter it.

I think sometimes they may go beyond even that logical expectation.

The bio-psycho-physiological driver of pumping-up as an anthropologic thing is probably preparation for fighting & defense.

As long as you keep your cerebral function above & in good control of those primal compulsions & anxieties you are probably fine.

If you find yourself getting seemingly overly angry/enraged, or reflexively assuming every action other people take as a life-or-death threat, or you seem to be putting yourself in dangerous places, you might want to re-examine your lifestyle. Food, habits, etc.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

Thanks slank, it hasn't got that bad yet though so hopefully it's just all in my dreams.

I had another of these dreams two nights ago, me and a friend pulled up outside this guys house, for some reason he ran into the car and took my laptop which was on the seat in a cloth bag (no idea why). I then got out and me and the guy got into a big fight, my friend was standing there and I said help me out as the guy was starting to win. He pushed the guy down to the ground before I smashed his head into the floor then smashed a brick over his head.

I thought the guy had died so threw a bottle of water over him hoping he would wake, he awoke and ran into his house for a knife so me and my friend ran, very strange but quite violent once again.

new topics

top topics

join