It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash Cloud: Volcano 'To Blow Fares Sky High'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Cash Cloud: Volcano 'To Blow Fares Sky High'

news.sky.com

Air passengers are set to see fares take off when the dust settles on the ash crisis, new research warns.

The fallout of the volcanic eruption in Iceland, coupled with high oil prices, is likely to add up to a 5.2% rise in the cost of flights, according to the Centre for Economics and Business Research.

And fares could go up by a further 11.5% in 2011, sending the average cost of a London to New York economy class ticket up by £62.

The CEBR report, commissioned by e-commerce company Kelkoo, put the cost to airlines of the ash-induced northern European airspace shutdown at around £1.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hmmm.. yet again the customer &/or consumer will have to pay for this "Ash Cloud" debacle and yet again the people will just go ahead and pay for it.... forget about the passengers who were stranded last week as they won't be compensated due to the "Ash Cloud" being an "Act Of God"...

This stinks big time!!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yeah, rich isn't it.

The passengers cannot claim compensation for their aggravation and lost money from the airlines, because the airlines claim an 'act of god', or beyond their reasonable control, yet the airlines are trying to fleece their countries taxpayers, arguing for government compensation for their loss of money, claiming it was the governments fault!

Are these people bananas or what? Or do they think we are.

Personally, if any airline tries to send an aircraft, full of passengers when there is an obvious and clear risk of malfunction leading to catastrophic engine failure, they should be fined very heavily indeed and their operators license suspended until they can be judged to have safety as their main focus...then we'll see if they want to spread disinfo about a non existent ash cloud so quickly eh.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
95% of people flying don't have to fly and they won't if they feel they are being screwed, especially seeing as almost everyone's watching the pennies at this stage.

any airline that hikes fares to try to cover costs will find themselves losing more than they gain.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I don’t know about that. A great many people have become lazy and want the gratification of being where they are going more quickly. No one really takes the time to stop and smell the roses any more.

While I do not take terribly long trips I do prefer to drive when I am taking a trip. I like to see the scenery and check out the sights. I like to see and meet some of the locals; it gives you an idea about the place. I also like to try some of the local foods.

Still though many will just dig deeper and complain more. They will in the end though keep paying to fly.

Raist

top topics

join