It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is important, we should take care of it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It has come to my attention that ATS is on the forefront of everything we fight for.

It had never occured to be while browsing the forums that what I say here, relfects on the image of ATS. Its what we do here that changes the direction of our image and how we want to be viewed by the "outsiders". Do you want to be viewed as some new age movement or an intellectual bunch of truth seekers? Its our choice really. Ofcourse you can talk about your spiritual ideas and all, but never forget that the reason we are here, on ATS and on this planet is not to talk about the issues but to act upon them.

We have supported some stupid threads in the past and no doubt we will support stupid threads in the future. But we have to keep that to a minimum and not forget the real issues at hand here. Ignore The self proclaimed ET's or spacetravelers, nowadays anybody could play this little act with all the knowledge out there. It is up to us to show that we have grown out of this needyness for special contact and help. Because no body is going to help us, thats the whole point of it all. The realization that no one is going to help us is the saviour we look for.

Only when we mature, and we understand that having discussions about paranormalities and ghosts isn't really taking us farther, will we start to change things, I mean I see threads that have poped-up a hunderd times talking about the existence of ghosts, I might believe or I might not but maintaining the discussion is really diverging us from the real world.

This is ATS this is where human evolution can be monitored by our activity here, will the humans endlessly talk in cycles? or will they let go of details and live their life in the now, the here? I understand that some people still need to go throught that phase of searching for the truth in esoteric books etc... But its time to grow out of it people, we need to make threads about social systems that could be set in place when all else falls. We need to talk about how we want to aproach the future and in what kind of world our kids must grow up in. We have to find the balance between science and spirituality. We have to find ways to desolve bounderies between humans.

I liked reading about aliens and ghosts but there comes a time when you understand that its good to have that knowledge but to stop being fanaticle about it. We have amazingly smart people among us, lets use our brain power our social understanding and our spirituality for the betterment of our future.

Lets stop feeding the trolls, we don't need ET's to tell us what to do, nor do we need predictions, we all know deep inside that something is going to happen and thats really all we need. The whole purpose of this cycle is to learn, so lets graduate people!

Together we can do anything!

Be polite when responding in threads and constructive, we arn't here to hurt eachother but to teach/learn from eachother.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
why didnt you just add this to the other thread you just commented on in Dreams & Predictions forum instead of starting a new one that slightly mimics it?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
My two cents:

We have supported some stupid threads in the past and no doubt we will support stupid threads in the future. But we have to keep that to a minimum and not forget the real issues at hand here.

While this is a statement of truth We at ATS must also understand that we recieve new members on a daily basis who have questions, both young and old, and We recieve new members too, who have personal agendas, issues, are paid disinfo agents, etc., etc.

Things like this are not going to stop because ATS is on a forefront, but actually increase because of it. Get used to it, and understand that we the people do have a choice regarding belief, conviction, and integrity.

Some people are here strictly for the entertainment value ATS presents, and we're not talking about entertainment from events, but entertainment from the responses they will get from people's reactions. Intelligent folks once again have a choice to either participate in the circus act or ignore it.

That's the most important aspect ATS gives it's members...

Choice.

Only when we mature, and we understand

This is an aspect that ATS will inevitably deliver, if those of intelligence continue to manifest understanding towards those with questions we may view as stupid, because we at ATS have already gone the course with such things, and understand them better. We need to allow others the same freedoms to excercise thier choice to investigate.

Together we can do anything!

This is a statement based on fact. The more "togetherness" we allow via denying ignorance, the more "togetherness" we will achieve.

Be polite when responding in threads and constructive, we arn't here to hurt eachother but to teach/learn from eachother.

This is once again another statement of fact, however people of intelligence once again understand that there are some folks that join ATS strictly for the entertainment value of people's reactions... And they will never 'comply' to reason because of that reason...

We must be mature enough to ignore them.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

I agree it is one of the more well kept sites that does provide vast amounts of good information and should be taken care of by its interactors.

Me I am a spiritual, scientific, religious head so I tend to get deep into many paranormal/EXISTANCE convos. ect. but I try not to force my light on any who are not receptive intentionally so that I dont come off as some religious extremist for that is not my intention. I do however feel this site can use some VENUS lol here and there to enlighten the many who feel this phase of existance is getting to its DOOM AND GLOOM as of now and dont mind enlightning those who again are receptive just to let them know it will all be ok afterwards and dont lose site of the main goal which is to make it back home....

new topics

top topics

join