It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dark hole has formed in the sun's atmosphere

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So, now I should drink my stash of booze whilst walking around naked, to soak up the maximum solar ejaculations? (Yes, I'z ebil!!!)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

So what if it's larger than earth? They often are.

Even sunspots have been larger than earth.

Sunspot 792 erupting:

Sunspot 930:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

Lex Luther quote?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well no EIT-171-195-284-304 SOHO images for today, YET guess we will have to wait and see. Would be a nice energy download if it makes it here.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

what do you mean i shouldnt use the word "well" in my sentence...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
and who said anything about the world ending??...is it wrong to post something about the coronal hole? ..geesh..too many kids in here..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Just like our ancestors in the middle ages who did not know why bread with blue mould could supparate wounds (penicillium), so too today is there much yet to comprehend about unknown atmospheric sciences and its co-relation to our planet. This is not to alarm anyone, our magnetosphere may be strong enough, but at the same time, just take precautions of quakes and tsunamis.

OH MY GOD!

I just produced a large bowel movement! The coronal hole IS having a dramatic effect!

There is so much we don't understand! Just like 100 years ago, when people thought the bumps on one's head determined personality; we don't know the complex interactions between atmospherics and the gastro-intestinal system!

Just amazing!

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 4/27/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeytheHair

Off topic..... Your avatar is extremely disturbing ;-)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CORN IS NUTS

Lmao, that's why I HAD to use it as my avatar.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread Noobastronomer. That is a big hole. Our technology is just a baby compared to the cycle of our Sun. I wonder how many of these holes we've missed in the thousands of years that we ( humans ) have been here. The Northern Lights will be a spectacular view for those who get to see it come May 3rd. My point is that no matter what happens to the sun we can't fix it. I hope we are around for thousands of more years and we get to move on to other planets etc... But if the sun has it's way with us, someday other species will be digging up our bones and wonder what happened to us? Thanks for the pic though, it's amazing how powerful nature, the solar system and the universe is compared to our little bity selves.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

finally someone understands the content posted in this thread..

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
it's starting
Southern California just got hit with earthquake

MAP 4.7 2010/04/27 10:55:35 32.676 -115.844 4.7 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Uh oh.......how many times last year did So Cal get hit with such quakes?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I may be just speaking for myself as others wont like to agree but i do, and i want to know exactly what you think here.Everything.
Please.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I think we'll see a good light show from aurora borealis and aurora australis.

That's about it.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Alaska got hit with

TWIN

6.0 magnitude Earthquakes!!

Earthquake in the Bering Sea region of Alaska

Earthquake in the Bering Sea region of Alaska

Quake maps for both California and Alaska really starting to show increases in activities within last hour...

North America Region

World map appears calm; there have been alot of 5.0 maginitude events in recent days, but I suspect that the areas they originated in have those for breakfast...Latest Earthquakes Magnitude 5.0 and Greater in the World - Last 7 days

[edit on 2-5-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

.....and the solar storm hasn't even hit earth yet.

woops.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Nutrinos would have hit and have begun affecting the Earth well before the reported storm Chad... they travel alot quicker than the winds lol.. no oops here! =)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Yup, any such particles would have hit earth not long after this thread was started.

Way back on the 27th

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Eyja volcano shows moore activity today also..... another vent has opend since 12 hours

eldgos.mila.is...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So the SUn will have a case of bad gas soon??? Somebody quick make a Rocket out of Imodium AD and send to the moon to prevent this massive gas fart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join