It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ash cloud"sign that Britons must repent",says candidate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Ash cloud"sign that Britons must repent",says candidate

www.sbs.com.au

A British parliamentary candidate says the volcanic ash cloud, which grounded flights across Europe, is a sign from God that Britons must repent for their sins.

John Manwell, who is standing for the Christian People Alliance, says the massive disruption caused was a reminder that humans are powerless compared to God.

The candidate for Liverpool Walton insists the ash spewed out by Iceland's Mount Eyjafjallajokull volcano is a clear symbol of repentance.

He highlighted the fact that the cloud, which closed British airspace for almost a week, appeared just as Prime Minister Gordon Brow
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-4-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Are people like this really fit to be running your country.I think this idea of signs from god is being used to make believers feel guilty.The idea of scaring the faithful was recently played on the people of Haiti by Pat Robertson in the U.S and it seems the idea has caught on in the U.K.Whats the story? do people really believe this or are they just trying to get some attention.

www.sbs.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Thank you for the most amusing story

I would be voting Moster Raving Loony party if they were putting up a candidate in my area.. not sure if this is one of those guys
but he seems loony enough to join

www.loonyparty.com...

They are putting up 27 Loony candidates

[edit on 27/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

This guy has absolutely no chance whatsoever of getting elected and 'running the country'.

In fact I'll have a little wager with anyone; I say he'll loose his deposit.

www.parliament.uk...

In a nutshell each candidate in an election has to pay £500.
It is set at this level to deter 'frivolous' candidates but to allow smaller parties to stand.
If a candidate get's 2% of the vote then they retain their deposit.

Unfortunately I have seen an increase in Christian Fundamentalism in the UK.
Whilst not as threatening as other fundamentalism it must still be countered at all costs; all fundamentalism breeds ignorance and intolerance.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yeah i have always loved British comedies and i think this bloke could get a part in one of them .He's British, I wonder what he should repent for!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Last time we had a religious ranter here in NZ, he was eventually found out for the child molester he was, the end.

I am not saying this one is a child molester, just that he needs to be nudged gently aside (and probably into care).

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

A British parliamentary candidate says the volcanic ash cloud, which grounded flights across Europe, is a sign from God that Britons must repent for their sins.

Sort of sounds like...

A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Sounds like scams to me. And if the bible talks about how this is all going to happen anyway, then maybe it's followers like John Manwell should accept that it's happening because God wants it to, and stop blaming other people for what God wants to happen anyway.

[edit on 27/4/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
And here all this time I thought the ash cloud was a sign a volcano had blown it's stack in Iceland (or wherever). Silly, silly me!

Do these idiots think people are that gullible and stupid- or are they testing the waters to see if the poisons in food and elsewhere have finally worked their magic, allowing them to say anything they want without question or the facilities to question...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Too bloody right!

I should repent for my British ways. The immorality of driving on the left and enjoying a good cuppa rosy is an affront to the almighty!!

I swear, they must be putting something in the water in the Liverpool region, this is the third crazy story to come from Merseyside this week!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

In fact I'll have a little wager with anyone; I say he'll loose his deposit.

Of course he will, he's on the wrong side of the Atlantic.
There are no votes in religion in English politics.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Sort of sounds like...

A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Sounds like scams to me.

I thought of the exact same thing
Just goes to show you
no matter the religion, religion makes you dumb.

I was religious too once upon a time, in my teen years
all because of a dream

but it's all lunacy
and yes I am generalizing, I admit it
But keep in mind, I am generalizing on it's effect on people
I am not generalizing that organized religion is dumb, that is fact

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think what he was more or less stating is that this EARTH has entered its next step and he senses whats to come (NEVER KNOW WHAT INTELL. THESE TOP OFFICIALS ARE CURRENTLY BEING BRIEFED ON AS WE TYPE RIGHT NOW). Since he seen the volcanic ash in his region and other situations in other regions he is placing the puzzle pieces together and is seeing the puzzle.

The crazy thing is it seems like all the people who call these leaders who arent afraid of speaking of the CREATOR crazy just cannot see what is happining HEAVY DENIAL PHASES LMAO. I would say that he in some ways is sending a warning to the souls who can hear it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
Of course he will, he's on the wrong side of the Atlantic.
There are no votes in religion in English politics.

And so there shouldn't be.

It is a British General Election not just an English one.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Sort of sounds like...

[edit on 27/4/10 by NuclearPaul]

beat me to it , thats what i thought when i saw the head line

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Uh, didn't we have a thread just yesterday "debunking" the dangerous ash cloud over the UK?
I guess this guy didn't get the memo.

gj

top topics

join