It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found! Noah's Ark - 4000m Up Mt Ararat

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas1611
I bet we will never see this on CNN any time soon. Besides, even if this isn't the real deal, I could care less. The Bible says there was a Noah, an Ark, and a world flood, that is all the proof I need.
What we really should be discussing is WHY God sent the great flood to kill all man-kind, and will he kill all man-kind again? Are you ready?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Dallas1611]

Why? Because angels mixed with humans. It's written. They are the same monsters that david slain, Goliath.

Anyways I believe that the ark is on the MT. I've noticed that majority of all the sacred real stuff is hidden for a reason. Ethiopia has the ark of the covenant and remains completely hidden. Which is what I believe and I find intresting.

I just think people don't believe because it's hard to wrap their minds around it in a inter-dimensional being such as God.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

So now we are on to excuses. Claims have been made that are not true. So now there is a need to keep on sliding with stories as to why the bible isn't matching reality. That's ok. Keep on sliding.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
reply to post by g146541

Here....let's just make this a little simpler, for us Americans that don't understand meters. 4000 meters = 13,126 ft, give or take a few decimal points. 13,000 feet. ......snip..... Nothing on this earth has done anything like that in its history on such a short timeline. That would mean that Egypt was under at least 13,000ft of water during its Dynasty.

I wouldn't be so sure that there wasn't some major upheavels within human history.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeytheHair

I'm actually doing research on faith and I'd be interested in interviewing and why you feel there's no Ark? Were you there? You're going by what everyone else is going by, minus the faith. We're all privy to the same 2nd, 3rd, etc., hand knowledge.

I don't know 100% if it exists or not, because I or you are not supposed to know yet, but I have given an ear to both sides and I personally believe there is one.

If it really is found to be true and uncovered soon it would fit perfectly to End Times scenarios since God strengthens the faith of all peoples before the Tribulation so there is no doubt that God exists before Satan begins his reign. This way people will know 100% when the time comes on if they accept the Mark Of The Beast or not -Free Will and no one will be able to say, "Well I wasn't sure when I made the choice, please forgive me for accepting the Mark" or whatever.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod

The bible says that the flood waters were up some 300 days. How does that jive with a tsunami?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Marklar

The flood lasted over 300 days.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
facepalm. Embarrassmentb. Why must we continue to hear this. It was made of wood. I believe it existed, and I believe it is now dirt.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Well I can think of a couple major upheavals. Iceland. The island was said to be formed some 21 million years ago through volcanic processes. There is another island that formed near Iceland in what, 1960'ish that has become the size of 30 acres or so, in those 40 years. The other one I can think of due to tectonic processes is somewhere in Italy near the plates that separate Africa and Europe. There is a cliff that moves approximately 1 inch or so during the course of a year. So 4000 years multiplied by an average of 2 inches we'll say for easy measurement equates to about 8000 inches. Which converts to approximately 666.667 feet. Major upheavals do physical damage to everything surrounding it. They cause earthquakes which damage rock structure as well as surface structure.

It just hasn't happened in the last 4,000 years on the scale that you're trying to say it has in Ararat. Even considering that there has been no historical information on the mountain rising that much in the past. It was a Mount back in biblical times, it's still a Mount today, which by deductive reasoning means it has done little to anything but erode of the centuries. Basically explaining why there is dirt and rock on top of the structure in question.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

"It's not 100 per cent that it is Noah's Ark but we think it is 99.9 per cent that this is it,"

Gee, a whole .1% of uncertainty.

At least that lets me see there is no bias there, and they are open to other more rational possibilities.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I don't know, but 4000 year old wood 13k feet up is interesting. Also it is hard to debunk that 4k to 5k years ago the earth underwent some big changes, and whether you believe in the great flood or not that story was told across many civilizations outside the bible and the sheer physical evidence is too great to not think the earth looked rather differently before then.

The earth is growing. The flood story was the proverbial water breaking.

Things in the universe start out frozen, the earth was no different. What made it expand? Steam....like a locomotive.

Mt Ararat was the last volcano to explode. The flood ended there, upon mt ararat...the whole range. Check how old the volcanic rock is on ararat and you will find when the flood ended.

As for the ARK...Giza platue..or "the drained off area"....the nile.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

I'm not focusing directly on Ararat as much as saying there was some very fast and massive land, water and climate changes within mobern human history.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

So now we are on to excuses. Claims have been made that are not true. So now there is a need to keep on sliding with stories as to why the bible isn't matching reality. That's ok. Keep on sliding.

What are we sliding on I provided proof or are you no different then a christian? Same bias different name. Your actions define you not your words. Words are nothing if not filled. You've got my word on that.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Why? Because angels mixed with humans. It's written. They are the same monsters that david slain, Goliath.

If one can't string together a simple, comprehensible sentence, how can one understand 'higher' concepts?

Originally posted by Jordan RiverAnyways I believe that the ark is on the MT. I've noticed that majority of all the sacred real stuff is hidden for a reason. Ethiopia has the ark of the covenant and remains completely hidden. Which is what I believe and I find intresting.

I just think people don't believe because it's hard to wrap their minds around it in a inter-dimensional being such as God.

Eustasy /= global flood.

Expanding Earth theory is bull#. Plain and simple.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by aorAki]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

You are referring to Surtsey.
Surtsey - wikipedia

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

And Noah said to the rabbits....

TWO!!!!ONLY TWO!!!!!!!

I love bill cosby!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
AS I pointed out before the trouble with the flood story is that no matter where the flood time is placed it cuts across a known civilization. You can't have everyone dying off and yet no one dies off.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The biggest land mass movement in human history is the 1964 Alaskan quake.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Oh, sorry for misunderstanding your view. I concur with you that there has been changes about us throughout the last 10,000 years, but what I find hard to believe is that there was a localized water event in the area of Ararat that left a wooden structure 13,000 ft above sea level. The evidence just doesn't support there being that much water in the localized area. What I'm trying to say is that in order for a wooden structure of that dimension to "come to a rest" where it did, you would either need water to run uphill and help the wooden structure "float" up to that location, or you would need 13,000 ft of water in the surrounding areas to get the boat to that location. And through science I know that both of these scenarios are not possible of having taken place.

I'm just saying, there has been no evidence that the water tables on this globe have reached 13,000 ft above where they are currently at today. And yes I am aware that million year old fossils have been found around Mt Everest and other tall mountain ranges, but all that proves is that plate tectonics is real, and that areas that were under the ocean, can, over time, be pushed up to giant heights. I know this because I live in a region where there are countless fossils being found, in fact I'm literally miles away from a place that is dubbed the Fossil Capital of the World. And I live at an elevation of 7,000 ft above sea level. But these ancient oceans where I live are from millions and millions of years ago. Back when dinosaurs were roaming the earth.

But then again, like I said in my original post, my tiny insignificant brain has a tough time wrapping itself around a ship being found at 13,000 ft above sea level from a timeline that is less than 5,000 years old.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
So animals traveled from all distant lands to meet up in one central location to jump aboard the ark ?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

I think I'll defer to Leonardo DaVinci who found that there was no evidence of a worldwide flood. The fact that no worldwide flood occurred does not, in my opinion, detract from the tales of the bible. They are tall tales and that is fine. The stories are riveting and have important messages. We can learn from these stories without having to be concerned with their obvious impossible existence.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join