It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found! Noah's Ark - 4000m Up Mt Ararat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I think you like to argue with me!

Not really, I just like to clarify erroneous information as I don't like seeing people being misinformed or misled.

A few name changes here and there and you have a similar story.

It's more than just name changes. It's place, extent, survivor numbers, methodology of how the floods were initiated, deities involved, time periods involved, etc. Your doing nothing more than attempting to make various mythologies fit the Judaic-Christian religion which is really a conglomeration of all these older mythologies.

Hey, I'm not saying that anyone is right or wrong, my friend.

Here's something you said to another poster:

"They found a big boat. That big boat is called an ARK. "

Sounds as if your favoring one version of the story that also happens to be the most recent version of an older story told by the ancient Sumerians.

I am clearly stating the OP is about Noah's Ark and the story is based on Ararat.

Regardless of what the website linked to says, doesn't make it what it's claimed to be. This is what, the fiftieth 'Ark' that's been found? How many more Arks will be found after this hoax?

This is all based on belief. Yours or mine.
Just like the pyramids from all over the world are similar. NOT EXACT. Hmm...
So are these stories.

That's akin to saying because everyone first built dirt huts, there must have been a world wide civilization. Then people upgraded to stone round houses or pit houses, must be attributed to a world wide civilization. a FEW civilizations built temples out of a SIMPLE shape, must have been a world wide civilization. Some have flood mythologies, must have been a world wide flood that wiped out this world wide civilization.

Talk about backwards thinking!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
How does one go from finding a wood structure to declaring it to be Noahs Ark? Even if the wood is old, that does not mean it's Noahs ark.

It sort of reminds me of people seeing Jesus or Mary in any stain or blemish that looks similar to a human face. Any old wood found in the mountains is automatically Noah's Ark.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Um, how did Noah keep enough food for our 10 million species ?

Also, was it big enough to hold all the whales, sharks, and elephants ?
Was it climate controlled to allow them all to survive ?
How did he traverse the world collecting them all ?

After the flood was over did he drop them all in one location, or traverse the world to drop them off individually ?

How did he catch that really fast cheetah that can run up to 120 km/h or 75 mph?

I'm just curious, that's all, must be one hell of an ark.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Ummm lol... are you slow? That's not me in the avatar. Just like you're neither of the people in yours.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by adriantba

Why would he need to put whales and sharks in the boat ?

As for the cheetahs , Noah and Flash Gordon were homeboys ...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Haha, of course, I can be so dumb sometimes. but a giraffe, or the other 10 million species ? What about all the freshwater fish ? there's lot's of those. I think about 18,000. How did he create so many freshwater aquariums ?

Originally posted by okbmd
Why would he need to put whales and sharks in the boat ?

As for the cheetahs , Noah and Flash Gordon were homeboys ...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by havok

I think you like to argue with me!

Not really, I just like to clarify erroneous information as I don't like seeing people being misinformed or misled.

Erroneous...what? The link clearly states they found Noah's Ark.
I gave flood stories from around the world.
If you read them they are similar in the fact they all talk about a devastating flood.
50% of them talk about a flood that wipes out the population of Earth.

It's more than just name changes. It's place, extent, survivor numbers, methodology of how the floods were initiated, deities involved, time periods involved, etc. Your doing nothing more than attempting to make various mythologies fit the Judaic-Christian religion which is really a conglomeration of all these older mythologies.

Just like the tale you get taught in preschool.
Tell one person the word "apple", let them tell the next person, and the next, etc.
After about 20 people, the word "apple" changes to "orange" or whatever.
I am not disagreeing with you.

Here's something you said to another poster:
"They found a big boat. That big boat is called an ARK. "
Sounds as if your favoring one version of the story that also happens to be the most recent version of an older story told by the ancient Sumerians.

No, I am clearly stating what the OP states. They found the ARK.
This headline says:

Found! Noah's Ark.

Regardless of what the website linked to says, doesn't make it what it's claimed to be. This is what, the fiftieth 'Ark' that's been found? How many more Arks will be found after this hoax?

What do you mean regardless? That's the entire subject of this thread!
Again, this could very well be a [HOAX].
I am not denying that.
See below.

That's akin to saying because everyone first built dirt huts, there must have been a world wide civilization. Then people upgraded to stone round houses or pit houses, must be attributed to a world wide civilization. a FEW civilizations built temples out of a SIMPLE shape, must have been a world wide civilization. Some have flood mythologies, must have been a world wide flood that wiped out this world wide civilization.

No that's akin to saying that all pyramids built around the world are similar.
And they are.
Ergo, the people might have originated from the same place, 1,000's of years before, and migrated all over the world.
We honestly don't know. Or do you and you're not telling me

Everything is based on what you and I agree, or disagree upon.
I like debates, but I'm not debating on this thread.

By the way, they(?) haven't found 50 arks. That's erroneous.
They keep researching the same one. On the same Mountain.
In the same country, with the same name. Hmm....

Show me 50.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

In the same country, with the same name.

In this video posted earlier by "Freeborn" there is the claim to an ark on the "Mountains of Ararat" not just the ark on Mt Ararat

post by Freeborn

[edit on 27-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by adriantba

Was just having a little fun , no offense intended .

And yes , you are right ., what about all the fresh-water fish ?

And what about the sasquatch and yeti ? How'd he wrestle those buggers into a box ?

The whole tale of gathering two of each is nothing more than a fable . It would be impossible to fit all those creatures onto a boat that was built according to the dimensions given in the bible .

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

And what about the sasquatch and yeti ? How'd he wrestle those buggers into a box ?

The whole tale of gathering two of each is nothing more than a fable . It would be impossible to fit all those creatures onto a boat that was built according to the dimensions given in the bible .

I remember a song from years ago how where, Noah called the animals to the Ark, the unicorns refused to heed his word. The song then goes on to say that is why we have no unicorns today.

If anyone remembers the song please post lyrics or link to the song.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

This should be it, can't watch the video at work:

The Unicorn Song
S'one of my favorites as a kid.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by RuneSpider]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

A long time ago, when the Earth was green
There was more kinds of animals than you've ever seen
They'd run around free while the Earth was being born
And the loveliest of all was the unicorn

There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Some humpty backed camels and some chimpanzees
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born
The loveliest of all was the unicorn.

The Lord seen some sinning and it gave Him pain
And He says, "Stand back, I'm going to make it rain"
He says, "Hey Noah, I'll tell you what to do
Build me a floating zoo,

and take some of those
Green alligators and long-necked geese
Don't you forget My unicorns

Old Noah was there to answer the call
He finished up making the ark just as the rain started to fall
He marched the animals two by two
And he called out as they came through
Hey Lord,

I've got green alligators and long-necked geese
Some cats and rats and elephants, but Lord, I'm so forlorn
I just can't find no unicorns"

And Noah looked out through the driving rain
Them unicorns were hiding, playing silly games
Kicking and splashing while the rain was falling
Oh, them silly unicorns
There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Noah cried, "Close the door because the rain is falling
And we just can't wait for no unicorns"
The ark started moving, it drifted with the tide
The unicorns looked up from the rocks and they cried
And the waters came down and sort of floated them away
That's why you never see unicorns to this very day.

You'll see green alligators and long-necked geese
You're never gonna see no unicorns.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A big thank you to "RuneSpider" & "Freeborn".

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Haha, no worries ... such a silly concept .. goes to show how powerful religious texts can be. If they can propose this amazing Ark and people believe it .. then what else will they believe ?

Originally posted by okbmd
Was just having a little fun , no offense intended .

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Erroneous...what? The link clearly states they found Noah's Ark.
I gave flood stories from around the world.
If you read them they are similar in the fact they all talk about a devastating flood.
50% of them talk about a flood that wipes out the population of Earth.

And there's a statue of Ganesha that drinks milk, Ganesha must be real! You gave flood stories from people's that populate flood prone area's, you never gave flood stories from people's that do not populate flood prone areas. A world wide flood would have world wide impact on mythology, not just those prone to normal annual flooding. Nor do any of these ancient flood mythologies discuss the *WHOLE WORLD* as the *WHOLE WORLD* as we know it today was utterly unknown to these ancient cultures. What they considered the whole world was much smaller in extent than what is widely known to be true today. Please don't impart modern knowledge amongst ancient people.

Just like the tale you get taught in preschool.
Tell one person the word "apple", let them tell the next person, and the next, etc.
After about 20 people, the word "apple" changes to "orange" or whatever.
I am not disagreeing with you.

Yes you are. I'm saying it's not Noah's Ark and your saying it is.

This headline says:
Found! Noah's Ark.

That's quiet sad when one can't even argue in context of their own argument. You need to grow up instead of cherry picking even your own argument and twisting it to suit and entirely different purpose.

What do you mean regardless? That's the entire subject of this thread!
Again, this could very well be a [HOAX].
I am not denying that.
See below.

Then don't say it's Noah's Ark.

No that's akin to saying that all pyramids built around the world are similar.
And they are.
Ergo, the people might have originated from the same place, 1,000's of years before, and migrated all over the world.
We honestly don't know. Or do you and you're not telling me

Are you arguing against the veracity of the archeological record? If your not then you might want to reconsider that utter pitiful statement you just made.

In the same country, with the same name. Hmm....

It was a rhetorical remark made in light that this is not the first "Ark" found in that area.

Here's a link to another 'Ark' : www.arkdiscovery.com...

Here's a site that proposes a different landing place for the Ark.

nephiproject.com...

Theory one is the ancient land of Urartu. Since Masoretic Hebrew had no vowels, the Genesis text would have read that the Ark rested upon the mountains of “rrt” (Ararat). Assyrian text mentions a northerly subdivision of Armenia near the Araxes river was known as Urartu in antiquity, likewise spelled “rrt” in Hebrew. Urartu is known to have existed from about the late 13th century BC to the 9th century BC as a loose federation of tribes. However, there is no evidence that Urartu existed in the 15th century BC when Moses wrote Genesis. Indeed, no one really knows where Moses was referring to when he wrote that the Ark rested on the mountains of “Ararat”.[3]

CX

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I read an article that said it had many levels, but for some reason it contained the bones of only fish?

Apparently it was the first multi-storey carp ark!

Seriously though...if there is so much doubt by so many as to the validity of Bible, how can you say this is "the ark"?

I know this has been discussed to death here on ATS, but it will be nice to see what they decide it is eventually.

CX.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I stand corrected. The Mountains of Ararat.
Source

Which the range referred to IS Mount Ararat...
Source

Mount Ararat may be the largest single-mass or volume mountain in the world as it is huge (one really has to see it in person to appreciate its immensity) and rises to 17,000 feet from the plains surrounding it at 2,000-3,000 feet while most other large mountains are in a mountain range with less differential and base circumference. Ararat has only a few native trees growing on it in Ahora village, shrubs around Korhan, and several small forests on Little Ararat.

I digress. There is one ark this original link was stating, clearly Noah's.
In the mountains of Ararat, or Mount Ararat, which could be any part of the range.

I still want to see 50 different arks that we(?) are looking for.

"the ark rested on the top of a certain mountain in Armenia ... However, the Armenians call this place, αποβατηριον 'The Place of Descent'; for the ark being saved in that place, its remains are shown there by the inhabitants to this day. Now all the writers of barbarian histories make mention of this flood, and of this ark; among whom is Berosus the Chaldean. For when he is describing the circumstances of the flood, he goes on thus: "It is said there is still some part of this ship in Armenia, at the mountain of the Cordyaeans; and that some people carry off pieces of the bitumen, which they take away, and use chiefly as amulets for the averting of mischiefs." Hieronymus the Egyptian also, who wrote the Phoenician Antiquities, and Mnaseas, and a great many more, make mention of the same. Nay, Nicolaus of Damascus, in his ninety-sixth book, hath a particular relation about them; where he speaks thus: "There is a great mountain in Armenia, over Minyas, called Baris, upon which it is reported that many who fled at the time of the Deluge were saved; and that one who was carried in an ark came on shore upon the top of it; and that the remains of the timber were a great while preserved. This might be the man about whom Moses the legislator of the Jews wrote." (I.3.5-6, trans. William Whiston)

Wikipedia Source

Hmm....

There's more.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef5f3700bb32.jpg[/atsimg]
The red lettering, didn't show up well, but says Archeological Urartu (Ararat).

It is a BIG range, full of many peaks and valleys.
But, still. ONE ark.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by havok

Yes you are. I'm saying it's not Noah's Ark and your saying it is.

This headline says:
Found! Noah's Ark.

That's quiet sad when one can't even argue in context of their own argument. You need to grow up instead of cherry picking even your own argument and twisting it to suit and entirely different purpose.

WHAT?! I never said "I think its Noah's Ark."
Please quote my reply with that statement, sirnex.
I never once said "I say it IS Noah's Ark!"

This is like arguing with an instigator.

Are you arguing against the veracity of the archeological record? If your not then you might want to reconsider that utter pitiful statement you just made.

Who's records are we talking about here?
You don't think man migrated everywhere from one place? Over 1000's of years?
That's a matter of opinion.
Daily, scientists are proving that there are older civilizations around the world than previously thought.
So who's right or wrong here?

Pitiful statements are those that degrade others.

Again, this is based on beliefs that differ between you and I.
I am not here to debate you sirnex, maybe another time.

There are no erroneous statements on my behalf, just source's and quotes.
I merely state what the title of the thread says over and over again.

Now, to answer your thoughts:
DO I think it's the Ark of Noah?
Does it matter to you what I think?
I do not know, therefor I don't assume.
I can't research the site and dig on my own, with tangible evidence to prove to me otherwise.

They say its the Ark.

Ark or not, good thread!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
For the ark to fit 2 of all animals it would have had to have been alot bigger, because the animals would have still bred & you would need room for all the baby animals plus area for all the food..

The animals would have had to have bred on the ark, because when they leave the ark, Noah sacrafices lots of clean animals & birds. If there hadn't been more animals born, there would have been many species left with only 1 of the pair.

kingjbible.com...
King James Version

Gen.8-19: Every beast, every creeping thing, and every fowl, and whatsoever creepeth upon the earth, after their kinds, went forth out of the ark.

Gen.8-20: And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

Some translations say Noah performed holocaust upon the altar. For holocaust there would have to lots of animals.

drb.scripturetext.com...
Douay-Rheims Bible

Gen.8-19: And all living things, and cattle, and creeping things that creep upon the earth, according to their kinds, went out of the ark.

Gen.8-20: And Noe built an altar unto the Lord: and taking of all cattle and fowls that were clean, offered holocausts upon the altar.

I suppose there is no known set time period between genisis 8-19 & 8-20.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

After reading all the posts, again...

I come to the conclusion that you think I am referring to this find as the Ark of Noah, because you think I believe it is.

I am only referring to it as Noah's Ark, because that's what they refer to it as.

Thought I should clear that up, sirnex.

If they said it was the Ark of Gilgamesh, I would've referred to it as such.

[grammar and spelling]

[edit on 27-4-2010 by havok]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join