It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Found! Noah's Ark - 4000m Up Mt Ararat

page: 13
34
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero
 


Approximately 13,000 years ago (give or take a few thousand) a rather large amount of ice melted, if I remember correctly. This event disrupted weather patterns all over the world. Sea levels rose all around the planet. Rain happened. A lot. Jet streams shifted, creating deserts in some places and rain forests in others.

Every human on the planet would have been affected by the disrupted weather patterns for 3 or 4 thousand years. It is no surprise (to me) that these events were immortalized in camp fire stories.

Furthermore, floods are a pretty normal occurrence. Humans tend to live around rivers and lakes that are flooded regularly. Egyptians have depended on this for their livelihood for 6000 years and are in trouble now that they have pretty much ended them. We may have more knowledge than 'the ancients', but our imagination is the same. If we can imagine 'Star Wars' why is it hard to believe that they could imagine a world wide flood?

When you think about it, it would be more surprising if there wasn't a flood story of some kind or other in all corners of the world.

But Noah's Ark on Mt. Ararat in Turkey? It isn't even very likely that that is the Biblical Mt. Ararat. Don't hold your breath.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by rnaa]




posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux
 


So they found it... watch this video about noahs ark...
www.youtube.com... 5m2OGg&playnext=1&list=PL4F9A221D6CD8614C

im new on ATS and i don't know how to post a video so i included a link...
edit on 12-3-2011 by xShadow13 because: extra info.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13
 


Looks like the video link is gumbied. Nothing has been found. Seems that that the last crew faked their find and was turned in by another person that was denied a split of the cash.



posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Was the Ark of the Covenant also a passenger on Noah's Ark?



Firstly, as a recent joiner on my first post, apologies if i do not fulfil the high standards I see from other members. I have not yet learnt how to tag in posts from other threads!

Based on my reading of other threads I have an undiscussed build that I believe requires investigation. Hopefully those well versed in Egyptian, Sumerian and earlier writings can provide some input.

Please bear with my route of analysis as it will avoid the simple rebuff that the Ark of the Covenant wasn't built til after the flood...

Immediately following my reading of Ark of the Covenant threads, I moved to this one.

It intrigued me that the Giza pyramids date to around the same time as the flood chronology... also that the Ark of the covenant may have been housed in one of the pyramids. One thread implied that Moses stole the Ark of the Covenant but that it had existed prior to this and was used by previous civilisations.

The implication is that the Ark of the covenant may have existed before the flood?

If the Ark of the covenant was given to man (or hybrid man/god/aliens) and Noah was warned of the flood by god/aliens... then wouldn't that same advisor have told Noah to take the Ark of the Covenant aboard the Noah's Ark?

My question, therefore, is...

Do any of the many versions of the flood and survival Ark story mention taking a precious weapon or god/alien communication device (Ark of the Covenant) on the boat Ark, to ensure it survived the flood?



posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux
 


Noahs' ark was first discovered in the seventies. The problem has never been finding the ark, the problem in the past has been getting the proof out of turkey.



posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeytheHair
Lol... Why are they claiming to have found a story book characters boat?? Don't they know it's not real?

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.
When will people ever learn?


How do you KNOW it's not real?

Who TOLD YOU it wasn't real? And, why is it NOT possible. You act like you're 4800 years old!

Tsk, tsk, tsk......when will people ever learn?

And to think, you got all those stars...for such UNFOUNDED dribble! hahahahaha PROVE this 'story book character's boat' ISN'T real! All knowing one!
edit on 26-10-2011 by nuttin4U because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
"evangelical archaelogists"?

What's that?



posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
"evangelical archaelogists"?

What's that?


Biased archaeologists who start with a conclusion and go looking for evidence to support it while discarding any other explanation......



posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
A Chinese team claims of finding Noah's Ark was debunked about two years ago as a hoax. will try and locate the link and post it. It was a semi hot story on the net for a week or two before it was totally destroyed. Off to find the link.



posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
because there is no other way wood can get up a mountain

lol

show me some evidence of a high water mark at 4,000 meters for the same time period at every point on the globe

every single mountain, worldwide, same elevation, same age

lol



posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Found three doing a quick search.

Snippet from one source:

1. This group had a local guide who is a known for his deceit and fraud. It is this guide who initially informed the Chinese group that he knew the location of the Ark in 2008. However, since then he has led them to more than one location. The first location was a cave at a low altitude, a small cave with a tree growing in front! Apparently the current cave is at the 13,000 or 14,000 foot level on the icecap.
source:1. This group had a local guide who is a known for his deceit and fraud. It is this guide who initially informed the Chinese group that he knew the location of the Ark in 2008. However, since then he has led them to more than one location. The first location was a cave at a low altitude, a small cave with a tree growing in front! Apparently the current cave is at the 13,000 or 14,000 foot level on the icecap.

source: www.biblearchaeology.org...

From the Christian Science Monitor:

www.csmonitor.com...

Fox news calls hoax:

www.foxnews.com...



posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Like a dodgy chicken curry the ark story just keeps coming up.

My reply to all those who believe in it is simple; I say the same to perpetual engine believers, Atlantis lovers and those who think the ancients used vibrations.

Find it and prove it, flapping your jaws on it will not improve the situation - go find it.



posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The main problem is that there is no evidence for a global flood. On top of that there is no evidence of the ark. There are lots of false claims such as showing a fold and claiming it is a hull, or showing a supposed boat anchor that is made from rock from Turkey, or showing a fibrous rock and claiming it is petrified hair, or carrying old wood up the mountain and claiming it came from the mountain.



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think Graham Hancock's theory in "Underworld" that the flood (tales of which can be found amongst numerous cultures - the Sumerian Gilgamesh epic etc.) was related to the large scale glacial melting at the end of the last age has some merit.



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by doulos33
I think Graham Hancock's theory in "Underworld" that the flood (tales of which can be found amongst numerous cultures - the Sumerian Gilgamesh epic etc.) was related to the large scale glacial melting at the end of the last age has some merit.


It still wouldn't result in a global flood submerging everything



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


No, but any cities along the coast and lands below sea-level would have been submerged. This would have been massive world wide flooding.



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
The difficult thing for me to wrap my tiny insignificant brain around is where did the water go? 4000m of water above today's current sea levels to place this "Ark" on a mountain has to go somewhere? I believe if an "Ark" did exist we would find it close or around today's current sea levels. 4000m of water on a localized level is unfathomable. 4000m on a regional level is beyond unfathomable. That much water would have to come from somewhere. Ice Age couldn't account for that much water. 4000m of water just doesn't evaporate overnight, let alone 4800 years. The water that is here on earth today has taken millions of years to develop. I guess after the great flood, God asked Mel Brooks for his Mega-Maid and sucked up all the excess water.


The water decended into the under ground water firmament. The concept many fail to grasp is that the surface of the planet, as well as the atmoshpereic conditions were dramatically different before the flood. This is also the biggest problem with carbon dating, the inventor of carbon dating said his technology cannot be trusted, because it requires atmosphereic condition to be identical to the condition he was developing his technology in.

Before the flood mankind lived 10x longer lives due to the water cannopy ABOVE the earth protecting them from UV rays and the slowing down the aging process. During the flood God allowed the water cannopy above the Earth to collapse and fall to the Earth surface thus covering the earth in a deluge. Because the water could not be absorbed by the earths crust as quickly as it fell the Earth flooded and over the next 100 years or so the flood water slowly receeded and was filtered through the Earth's crust and into the under ground water firmament were it still resides today.

When a carbon date of 2800 BC is given for a post-deluge artifact (Noah's Arc) it is fairly accurate, because the atmosphere was altered by the flood itself. Carbon dating is fairly accurate for anything post 2700 BC however when you go before the flood and try to trust carbon dating it is not as reliable, some building made pre-deluge and were destroyed in the deluge are dated to 10,000-15,000 BC and in reality those items are casualties of the flood in 2800-2700 BC, but the flaw in carbon dating indicates they are far older.

edit on 16-11-2011 by ElohimJD because: wrong math calulation oops



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelSciHistItSufi

Was the Ark of the Covenant also a passenger on Noah's Ark?



Firstly, as a recent joiner on my first post, apologies if i do not fulfil the high standards I see from other members. I have not yet learnt how to tag in posts from other threads!

Based on my reading of other threads I have an undiscussed build that I believe requires investigation. Hopefully those well versed in Egyptian, Sumerian and earlier writings can provide some input.

Please bear with my route of analysis as it will avoid the simple rebuff that the Ark of the Covenant wasn't built til after the flood...

Immediately following my reading of Ark of the Covenant threads, I moved to this one.

It intrigued me that the Giza pyramids date to around the same time as the flood chronology... also that the Ark of the covenant may have been housed in one of the pyramids. One thread implied that Moses stole the Ark of the Covenant but that it had existed prior to this and was used by previous civilisations.

The implication is that the Ark of the covenant may have existed before the flood?

If the Ark of the covenant was given to man (or hybrid man/god/aliens) and Noah was warned of the flood by god/aliens... then wouldn't that same advisor have told Noah to take the Ark of the Covenant aboard the Noah's Ark?

My question, therefore, is...

Do any of the many versions of the flood and survival Ark story mention taking a precious weapon or god/alien communication device (Ark of the Covenant) on the boat Ark, to ensure it survived the flood?


The Arc of the Covenant was built by Moses according to the specific instructions he received from God around 1500-1400 BC; it was commanded by God to be built to house His ten commandments and the staff of Aaron. there was no Arc of the Covenant to board Noah's Arc in 2800 BC.
edit on 16-11-2011 by ElohimJD because: spelling



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Like a dodgy chicken curry the ark story just keeps coming up.

My reply to all those who believe in it is simple; I say the same to perpetual engine believers, Atlantis lovers and those who think the ancients used vibrations.

Find it and prove it, flapping your jaws on it will not improve the situation - go find it.


My thoughts exactly! It just isn't logical in any sense - Noah took 2 of each animal on the ark eh? That ark must've been the size of a country to house 2 of every animal (not to mention the amount of excrement they'd produce).

Some fairy tales really are just die-hard aren't they.



posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk
 


and do not forget, not only did Noah pick up 2 of each animal, but he also dropped some off in Africa, some in Australia, some in the Middle East, a few species in Asia... I think you get my point.

Of course the religious will always tell you the story is real, it all happened, that anything is possible with God and you just need to have "faith"



new topics

top topics



 
34
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

log in

join