It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found! Noah's Ark - 4000m Up Mt Ararat

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
For all those claiming that the wood could not possible have been preserved for 4,800 years, please consider the artifacts found on the iceman called Otzi that was found in a glacier in 1991.

Actually, that's a good point. Otzi was found preserved in ice.

However Noah's Ark - if we're to believe the story - was not preserved in ice. Where in the Bible does it say that after 40 days and 40 nights the temperature suddenly plummeted and the Ark was encased in ice?

Ooops .....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
A good explanation of why these folks are ok with a date that smacks across a continuous Egyptian civilization is given below. The info also covers the history of people finding the ark.

An example of ‘creation science’ in action: the case of Noah’s missing Ark

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
We finally have confirmation that the email posted on several blogs is in fact genuine.

Doubt cast on Noah's ark found in Turkey

Price declined to elaborate. However, a leaked email from Price – which he confirms that he wrote – shows that he has reason to believe that a group of local Kurdish men trucked wood up to the mountain and staged an elaborate hoax for the Chinese team.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Actually I dont think anyone is going to find anything on the mt Ararat. So I dont know if this claim is for real. How many of you know that mount Ararat is in fact a volcano that last erupted in 1840? I find it hard to imagine now, as I only found out this piece of news a few minutes ago when searching for turkey volcanoes, how anything can still be there after at least 6 eruptions.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Dr. John D. Morris (president for Dallas’ Institute for Creation Research)

“I’m a scientist. I need to have good evidence,” says Dr. Morris. “As of right now, there is not.”

Sorry .. I really found this funny.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Though I had little faith in this discovery it does open the discussion of the great deluge that extinct many creatures and almost man….

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Since the time of DaVinci people have openly argued the existence of a worldwide flood.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeytheHair

Fictional, maybe.. in the specific instance involving a single man named Noah survived the onslaught of a vengeful god.. but the fact that just about every ancient culture has records of a flood, means that something involving a great deluge obviously occurred at some point in our distant past. Whether or not this was caused by a god, gods, or other event is what is unknown, but i think fictional is a little harsh.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by latEsleepeR

If you look at the stories of a flood you start to see the similarities are marginal. One of the oft cited stories is from the Popul Vuh. It's a flood of resin. The purpose of the flood is get rid of the poorly made people so that the gods can try again. On the last try people are made from maize. The similarities in the story are so tenuous. Pretty soon the movie the Poseiden Adventure is going to added to the list of myths.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The Bible is true, PERIOD! You had better believe this for we are in the shadow of the Apocalypse this very minute.
Only one Holy Book predicited the coming of PositiveID verichips (Revelation 13:16-17). The Bible even tells of the coming fake "alien" invasion/disclosure to help bring in the anti-Christ's 7 year New World Order in the old testament (Zechariah 5) and the new testament (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12). They will even fight in the Heavens in this pretend form (Revelation 12:7). Keep watching the skies.
The timelines of the false "history" taught within the illuminati ran public school systems have been altered. Research David Rohl and the new chronology which now follows the Bible exactly.
I say again, research all the discoveries of the late Ron Wyatt.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by AliensAreDemons]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The bible is not true in many ways for instance there is no evidence of a worldwide flood. Even DaVinci argued against the biblical account hundreds of years ago.

Bringing in Ron Wyatt is just bringing in the claims of a great hoax fanatic. He loved his hoaxes and finding everything he could name. You know he even claimed he could read any ancient inscription. He made lots of claims and produced nothing. He claimed that a natural formation miles away was the ark. He also claimed to found anchors from the ark. The problem was that the stones were of Turkish rock, not from Mesopotamia where he started his trip.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This may very well be a hoax. I dont think there is anything on "Mt Ararat". That mountain wasn't named Ararat until 1200AD. Just like "Mt Sinai" (which was falsely named in Egypt), it was named after the fact, even when the Bible says where it actually is. We know from the Bible that people migrated to Babylon by travelling eastward from where the ark settled. This rules out this location, they need to be looking in Iran... good luck looking there though.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The bible is not true in many ways for instance there is no evidence of a worldwide flood. .

Really? So how do you suppose the billions of dead things buried in sedimentary rock layers laid down by water all over the earth got to be that way? Mammoths drowned and frozen solid? Marine fossils all over dry land and in mountains? Diatomatious earth layers? Oil/Coal deposits buried under water?

We have millions of specimens of fossilized jellyfish, eggs, plants, insects, even dung. I challenge anyone to throw an egg in the back yard (or flower), and monitor its fossilization process. I guarantee it will be gone in 24-48 hours, (much less than a million years). Point being fossilization doesn't just happen when something drops dead. You need a rapid burial void of oxygen, with no exposure to the elements.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
DaVinci began his arguments against a worldwide flood by looking at fossils and realized that they were not placed there as a result of a flood. The sedimentary layers you mention have been uplifted by tectonic processes. Pointing out that fossilization is non common does not provide any proof that there was a worldwide flood.

Let's see how DaVinci began to see that the biblical account of a flood was wrong. He realized that shells of many creatures are paired. They are bivalves. The shells are used in life to protect the animals inside. He also noticed that after the animals died, the shells came apart. Well, there were places where the shells were connected. They were connected in quiet, protected spots, and where the animals were alive. So when he found connected fossils in many places in the mountains of Italy he realized that these places must have been very close to the places where the animals were alive. It was not possible that the biblical flood have washed the animals great distance inland and up hill. The shells would have been separated by this action.

Since DaVinci it has become more and more obvious that the flood story of the bible never happened. That's the tip of the iceberg, because many other stories such as Exodus are also myths that never happened.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by latEsleepeR

If you look at the stories of a flood you start to see the similarities are marginal.

And when you compare these stories to the scars on the earth and unexplainable examples of nature that only great advances of water would create you start to get a whole picture.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeytheHair
Lol... Why are they claiming to have found a story book characters boat?? Don't they know it's not real?

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.
When will people ever learn?

LOL Sumerian tablets have confirmed Ziusudra (Noah) flood did happen.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliensAreDemons
reply to post by Essan

The Bible is true, PERIOD! You had better believe this for we are in the shadow of the Apocalypse this very minute.
Only one Holy Book predicited the coming of PositiveID verichips (Revelation 13:16-17). The Bible even tells of the coming fake "alien" invasion/disclosure to help bring in the anti-Christ's 7 year New World Order in the old testament (Zechariah 5) and the new testament (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12). They will even fight in the Heavens in this pretend form (Revelation 12:7). Keep watching the skies.
The timelines of the false "history" taught within the illuminati ran public school systems have been altered. Research David Rohl and the new chronology which now follows the Bible exactly.
I say again, research all the discoveries of the late Ron Wyatt.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by AliensAreDemons]

The bible old testament is just a bad translation of the seven tablets of creation by the Sumerians. Even Dr. David Neiman has stated this.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Lol... Why are they claiming to have found a story book characters boat?? Don't they know it's not real?

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

....and, like a game of pingpong we go back and forward: the geological record confirms that a global flood did NOT happen.

Eustasy/=global flood.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

That is not true. The myths and tales of floods do not offer an explanation. If you think they do offer one example.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by dragnet53

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

....and, like a game of pingpong we go back and forward: the geological record confirms that a global flood did NOT happen.

Eustasy/=global flood.

geological record? LOL

Is it like the record keeping on global warming?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join