It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE MIXTAPE POST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm a mixtape addict...I love all Hip Hop mixtapes and have quite a large collection. A couple of my favorite DJ's are Green Lantern, Vlad & Joey Fingaz...how about you guys? Any Hip Hop mixtape addicts in here? Which DJ's are your favorites, which mixtapes are your favorites and which artists have you been feeling lately because of their mixtape appearances that you otherwise weren't feeling before?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My favourite is my handmade limited Zilla and Buddy Peace's "A Friendly Game of Chess" mixtape. It is on a cdr with handwritten text on it. The mix is a very strange combination of hiphop, electronic music and television samples. The only article about it that I could find is this review, that calls the cd "insanely limited". If you have soulseek or something, I can probably share it with you, it's really bad if good music stays unknown.

I do have a lot of mixes if you're interested and you have soulseek. I also have links to a lot of downloadable electronic music mixes.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i only like mainstream stuff

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hip Hop mixtapes generally feature "mainstream" artists.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Do you mean like a compilation album that i have put together which contains my favourite artist??

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
No...I mean more along the lines of www.mixtapekings.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Rap right?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i used to love funkmasterflex, but imo I think he fell off
Kid Capri still cool
still like DJ Clue
DJ Premier
DJ Envy

but i like reggae mixed tapes better

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:43 AM