It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very strange phenomenon.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
One time I lost my watch and pulled the house apart looking for it and came to the conclusion
That I must have lost my watch outside somewhere...so I gave up

Anyway about 3 months later... I was lying in bed in the dark and all of a sudden a thought came over me about finding my watch
I than placed my hand along the side of the mattress and immediately put my hand on my watch

previously when looking for my watch I had pulled the mattress up many times and I had checked under and around it

To me it seems like someone or something
had whispered in my ear as to where to find it ....

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Here is another odd thing that also happened to me ...

The strange case of the missing bathroom

When I moved into an old apartment which was housing controlled
The landlords ..two brothers lived in the house next door

When I went to view the apartment it was with out a shower or bathroom
And when I asked about it the old guys said there was never a bathroom built for this apartment
It was such a lovely apartment I took it anyway and thought that I would just build one

About 2 months later ..I had a dream and in that dream an old lady told my to ask for the key to the rest of my apartment
When I woke up ..I went to the top of the house and up in the attic was a locked door
So I went and asked the landlords for the key ....they both looked at each other and one said to the other ..best go get the key for her
I thought to myself ...Weird or what ...

Anyway they handed me a key and I went upstairs opened up the door and there was a beautiful big room and my beautiful big bathroom ..

The dirty rotten scoundrels...where hiding my attic space from me because they where probably going to rent it out....

I do believe it was the old lady who lived/died in the apartment before me
who came into my dreams and told me about the key ...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher
Men are worse at finding things than women. Men's brains are wired so that when they are looking for something, they subconsciously are looking for the word, not the object.

That suuuree is quite the broad generalization ya got there. I don't know where the heck you came up with that one....

For me, when I am looking for something, I do not over and over say the object's name in my head. I am a very visual person, and I know what my belongings look like, so I form a mental picture in my head of what it looks like, focusing on the shape, form, and color of it, and go from there. Your statement irks me quite badly.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Like with anything, it depends on the person. It's not black and white - all men do this, all women do that. Also, as I said, it's subconscious, so of course you don't picture the word - that's stupid. It also depends on how hard you are looking, I suppose - if all your concentration is on searching for it, then you are more likely to be picturing it.

It is a strange thing though, to lose something only to later find it sitting right in front of you on an otherwise clear table, or something.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

Yo, that's a really cool story!
It's incredible that you never even knew that that entire place upstairs existed for 2 whole months!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Your statements irks me quite badly.

Wow. Really? Well that's pretty sad and pathetic. Perhaps you should take it up with the psychologists who researched it then. As stated, it depends on the individual - as with all things - but that is what they came up with for the majority of men and women.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Like with anything, it depends on the person. It's not black and white - all men do this, all women do that.

Thank you for addressing this Shadowarcher.
Interesting theory, but it just doesn't hold true for me personally. I'm sure there are instances where it could be true. I am interested where you found that info? A link would be cool.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Your statements irks me quite badly.

Wow. Really? Well that's pretty sad and pathetic.

Yo sorry it was a typo. I meant to say "statement." I fixed it with an edit. I don't hate all your statements!!! sorry about that.

Sorry, the whole plural statements thing made it seem a lot harsher than it meant to be. hehe. We cool, yeah?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I don't have a link - it's something I've heard over and over through conversations with councellors and psychiatrists and so on. I have a vague idea that it may have originated in that Men Are from Mars, Woman Are from Venus book. But I've never read it, so I may be way off.

It applies to me sometimes. If I am looking for my watch, for example, I know what it looks like and I'm concentrating on finding it, so I'm picturing it. If, however, my mind is elsewhere while I'm looking for something, chances are I'll not see it even if it's in front of me. Apparently, that is because the male brain is naturally wired to search out the word, not the item.

It's not as though I'm calling you a girl

And yes, we're 'cool'.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

reply to post by xsheep

Yo, that's a really cool story!
It's incredible that you never even knew that that entire place upstairs existed for 2 whole months!

hi there SolarE-Souljah
I had asked the landlords when I moved in if I had any attic space and they simply said no ...to me
Later after I found the bathroom I went to check
and found out that in the original plans of the house...
I did indeed have attic space

This big room and my bathroom ...was two flights of stairs up ..
Which was odd to say the least ...as I had to run up and downstairs
every time I needed a shower ...

I later swapped that apartment for the one I am living in now ...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

It applies to me sometimes.

I've been badly mistaken. I thought you were a woman trying to say that the female brain was better than the male brain. Whoops! Knowing you are a male like me really changes your statement that irked me. Well, hopefully others can provide with some kind of link to this stuff. It is interesting, and it is true that male and female brains act differently, going back to hunter gatherer days.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Yes, I forget everyone's gender is unknown. I have to go to the dentist now, but I may look for an article on the subject when I come back.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
maybe bug in matrix ;c) this happened also to me

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gyrxiur

A bug means they've changed something!

Get out! Get out now!!

Or don't. What do I care?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Ok from your requests, something paranormal....Perhaps you have a trickster whos shown an interest in annoying you. Their attempts are often lame little things like this, just cease to give it the reaction it desires. ie. get really happy and glad next time it happens. Despite there being many non visible entities on this planet for every visible one I still reluctent to pin it on them, it may be you whose doing it to yourself, playing games with your own reality to learn the important lesson of acceptance in small ways for example...when you accept the fact you cant find it, it reappears.

I tend to disagree, I know for a fact those unseen things have taken my stuff on several occassions, like the fairies for instance, they love shiny things, whenever my keys or jewelery goes missing I kindly say out loud: please, fairies, return the ______ you stole...and I will leave you something in it's place...then I'll put a nice shiney coin down on a window ledge and my item will be back and the coin will be gone, sometimes I will leave cream and honey instead, though, they like that too.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have experienced this phenomenon ever since I have lived at my current address which is 13 years this summer.

Approx 10 years ago I had a (spiritualist) best friend who would really spook me out at times by things she would tell me, that she could not possibly know. She would go on to describe my spirit guide and people I had lost (died). We would hang out for hours just talking about this kind of thing, and she once asked me if I ever lost things around my flat. I was astounded and said yes! how do you know?
She told me it was my "twin" who likes to have a laugh at my expense. I just listened to this at the time and neither bought into it or believed it, but at the same time never rejected it.

Strange thing was she also told me she would not live to 40 and how much she wanted to do before then (like learn to fly helicopters etc). There were many things, I wont go into too much details about here.

A few years later she was in a fatal car accident. She didn't make it to 40.
I also found out that my late father had a twin who died at birth, his birthday was the same day as mine.

I don't know if there's any connection there but it certainly does make you wonder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join