It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very strange phenomenon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Alright, I have seen this talked about in threads before, but it has never had its own thread dedicated to it, or so I believe.

Anyway, here is the phenomenon that has happened to me all my life. Here is an example: You are looking for something very important in your room. You search everywhere, twice, and damn it, where the hell is it? You finally give up and tell yourself its lost forever. All of a sudden, you spot it right there in the most obvious spot!? what in the world?! What kind of sorcery is at work here?

Haha, but seriously, has this happened to you before? The syndrome where you finally accept your fate, and then some mysterious force decides to help you out? I have discovered you can't milk this phenomenon. It happens when it is ready. It truly does feel like a paranormal experience when that item you spent all day looking for shows up right there in an obvious spot to mock you.

There are many variations on this phenomenon, and I will be sharing more as this thread progresses. I know others have experienced this, and I want to hear your stories on this damn strange phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
It has happend many times before. But I'm sorry to say, but I doubt there is any paranormal things going on.
I just think its humans "stupid" brain

It is actually not so long time ago it happend. Me and my freind was looking for his USB stick, and couldent find it anywhere! But doh, next day, we found it on the table we was walking by 20 times that evening...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The same thing has been happening to me lately .I recall putting something down and then going back to get it and its gone. After i give up looking it reappears right where i was looking.Black magic i think or maybe paranormal visitors playing tricks.I am getting fed up with it and Murphy keeps pestering me with his stupid law.Its payback time!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
But I'm sorry to say, but I doubt there is any paranormal things going on.

I beg to differ. I mean seriously sometimes I would look in certain places compulsively like 10 times, thinking I would find the missing item there, and it wouldn't be there. Then the next day, it will be in that spot I checked 10 times! Something about that just doesn't sit with me. I think higher powers are in effect.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Ok from your requests, something paranormal....Perhaps you have a trickster whos shown an interest in annoying you. Their attempts are often lame little things like this, just cease to give it the reaction it desires. ie. get really happy and glad next time it happens. Despite there being many non visible entities on this planet for every visible one I still reluctent to pin it on them, it may be you whose doing it to yourself, playing games with your own reality to learn the important lesson of acceptance in small ways for example...when you accept the fact you cant find it, it reappears.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
A few years back, I received a check which I really needed to cash, urgently. I searched and I searched and could not find it anywhere. For days I searched without any luck. As it was a check I really needed to replace I went to the company who issued it which meant I had to look smart. I got the ironing board out to iron a shirt got dressed and ran out. I went to the place, got them to send me another check and when I got home, the check I searched for sat on the ironing board that I got out only hours before. To this day I cannot explain it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I have found this to be happing all of my life too. I think it is kind of funny though. There are a couple of reasons that this is happening I guess:

First of all, it's my son who is learning to put things back from where he gets them, he is almost two.

Second it is me being a dumbass, when I am "away" in thoughts I tend to move through my house, smoke a sigarette in the living room but tipping of the ash in the kitchen and I know myself so I am taking stuff with me that i don't remember.

Third, i can loose my glasses on my nose too, really. or for that matter my pencil in my hand.

This for the normal explanations;

Sometimes when I was drawing, sketching etc behind my drawing bord i did loose pencils etc that I never retrieved, allthough I didn't stand up. strange. to explain the situation a bit more, my atelier was a seperate space from my house, and had coffee music etc, in short everything so that i did not had to leave the space to live and work.

I experienced it with my girl severaltimes, we both new where we had put it, it wasn't there untill the nextmorning.

And now since my girl died i expperience it a whole lot more, but she told me she would be doing that, if she could when she died. and now it is obvious, in a just cleaned kitchen i often loose me coffeecup that i just put out to put some coffee in.. it is fun though.

the only thing is that my dirty dishes come back dirty, I just hoped for them to get back clean.

But after all, thebiggest tricks are originated in your own mind.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
it may be you whose doing it to yourself, playing games with your own reality to learn the important lesson of acceptance in small ways for example...when you accept the fact you cant find it, it reappears.

You just wrote what I have been trying to write since the beginning of this thread. Thank you so much. I really could not have worded it any better than that, and it totally represents what this thread is all about. You rule.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Something about that just doesn't sit with me. I think higher powers are in effect.

But to what end? To tease you? To annoy you?

I've had the exact same thing happen to me many times throughout life. While one might sometimes wonder just 'what' is happening, I don't think it's paranormal related.

It's similar to when you are looking for your car keys, only to find you're holding them in your hand.

I think it has to do with how the brain works and the state of mind you're in when you're trying to find something in an otherwise familiar setting - by that I mean in a place you normally know where everything is. I think it's a common occurance with people, nothing sinister.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
. and now it is obvious, in a just cleaned kitchen i often loose me coffeecup that i just put out to put some coffee in.. it is fun though.

You are right, it is fun when stuff like this happens, especially since most of the time it is pretty harmless for the most part. You always gain valuable insights and revelations while you search for objects or whatever, and I really feel there is a reason every time it happens. Isn't life grand? It has so many lessons to teach us.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

I think it's a common occurance with people, nothing sinister.

You are right. Now that I think about it, most of these occurrences probably just stem from a brain fart or two. But seriously, I have had some pretty bizarre things happen with missing objects showing up in the oddest places.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Happens more than I want it to. In fact I am looking for my wedding band. I know it will turn up eventually. Usually happens when I am looking for a tool I just used. It is usually within arms distance.
It probably is rooted in the same part of the brain that affects people that see patterns in bread crumbs, mars anomalies and crying virgin Mary's in their paint.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Happens all the time to me.

Personally I think you get so focused on one particular object that you over think it's size and shape so even when you do see it, it doesn't register in your brain and you just skip over it.

But then there are those times, times when you know for a fact exactly where you've placed what you're looking for and you know with certainty that you were the last to have seen or touched it yet, it is nowhere to be found.

It's a glitch in the Matrix.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by staple
Happens more than I want it to. In fact I am looking for my wedding band. I know it will turn up eventually. Usually happens when I am looking for a tool I just used. It is usually within arms distance.
It probably is rooted in the same part of the brain that affects people that see patterns in bread crumbs, mars anomalies and crying virgin Mary's in their paint.

That's called Matrixing, where your brain forms patterns and faces out of almost nothing.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

You know my OCD mind-set used to be a lot worse than it is now (thanks to meditation it's gotten better), anyway, I'd always be talking about whatever, and I'd take a second to breath and totally forget what I was talking about. I'd sit there for minutes trying to regain the lost thought. I FINALLY realized one day (and it changed my way of thinking from that day on) that there is no point in wasting time trying to find that lost thought, if it's meant to come back to you, it will pop back up.

So nowadays when I lose my train of thought I say to myself "It's gone, let it go, there's no point getting anxious over it."

Your OP reminded me of this so I thought I'd chime in and add it.

But I do agree with the 2nd post in this thread, I don't think there's anything paranormal about your experiences. Sometimes our subconscious is just caught up in the moment and the illusion of life in front of our eyes is just overwhelming our senses and once it settles we realize what we were seeking was just right in front of us the whole time (this applies to more than physical objects we may have lost).

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Funny you should mention this. About a month ago, I had this exact same experience. I was out for the morning, and washing my hands in the bathroom, I suddenly noticed that my engineering 'iron ring' was not on my finger. It has no monetary value (I can get it replaced for like twenty bucks) but it has a ton of sentimental value, since it represents my degree and the work I put into it, and a replacement just wouldn't be the same.

I was a bit worried, but I figured, well maybe it fell off at home. I knew I had had it on at some point that morning, since I remembered putting it on, but I did not know if I had it when I left the house.

Anyway, I worried about it, and then, while waiting for my ride to show up after I was finished, I retraced all my steps in the building, from the foyer, to the washroom, to the room I had been in that morning, and outside from the parking lot to the door, and could not find it anywhere. I concluded at that point that either 1) the ring was at home on the floor 2) it fell off outside somewhere, or 3) I lost it in the sink/toilet

So, figuring if it was case 2 or 3, it was gone forever, I stood in the foyer, waiting for my ride. After several minutes of waiting (my ride was late) I looked down and THERE IT WAS. My ring was literally two inches in front of my toes. I had probably looked down a dozen times while standing there waiting, and not seen it.

I don't know if this means I am a complete retard, or what, but I attributed it to divine help, since while standing in the foyer (actually, about ten seconds before I spotted it) I had said a silent prayer in my head that I would find it.

So yeah, I picked it up, was like 'thanks God :p' and then went on with my day.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Cheers mate, I dont loose things the way you described anymore. When id be too attached to a material item it would go missing just when I really needed it, I would get really frustrated and angry about not being able to find it so I would throw everything out of my draws and turn the room upside down looking for it. The universe or my reality responds by saying "wrong reaction" and keep the item hidden somehow. Then the moment I would calm down and start thinking about how it was ok and I dont really need whatever little gadget it is then all of a sudded bam, I find it. When I figured out what was happening, the lesson of acceptance, I learnt the lesson and moved on to other ones.

Unfortunatly the lessons seem to get harder the more you go along LOL so I do still get frustrated. But I think its when one identifies that your reality can be resopnsive to your thoughts and the higher you does these sorts of things to yourself that its way easier to identify the lesson being presented and move on.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This is my number one pet peeve. I even put it in my dislikes section. And my self having the horrible short-term memory that I have, it doesn't help.

I think it has to do with concentration. Most of the time when i can't find something that I KNOW is really close to me, i panic, and i'm not even really searching, im going through the motions of searching hoping to stumble upon it by accident. - once I stop looking my mind is at ease, and I am able to "notice" what was already there. Its like there is switch we just turn on and turn off. Like when someone boring is talking to you, you might just block them out, until they're done yappin. Then when they start again, it startles you and you are like "what were they just saying"? until you realize its not worth paying attention - oh yea

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Men are worse at finding things than women. Men's brains are wired so that when they are looking for something, they subconsciously are looking for the word, not the object. So for example, if you open the fridge looking for butter, you are looking for the WORD 'butter', and if it doesn't say butter on it, you may very well close the fridge and claim you're out of butter. But when a woman opens the fridge, she is looking for the object, and so will likely spot it right away and give you a telling off for being lazy.

That doesn't explain it entirely, of course. If you know exactly what the thing you are searching for looks like, try visualising it next time while you're looking. Rather than thinking "keys, keys, keys...where are my keys", or whatever.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

I must have a womens brain then, because I always have a picture of the object, never in my life have I imagined the word for it or even called it by its name in my head when looking for it. Its always images. If you met me you'd agree im not very femanine at all, quite the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join