It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Occult, the Theosophical, the Magickal and More

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

After partaking of, and viewing several of the "ask me questions about the meaning of everything" threads on this board (and others), I have decided to try and create an actually useful thread along those lines.

Right away I would like to state, and then thoroughly reinforce, that I have not come to claim that I am some awakened Guru who has learned the secrets of life, and is now here to transmit them to you. Instead, I am simply a man who has an intense interest in all things religious, occult, mystical, spiritual and supernatural.

Being one with these interests, I have been dismayed to see an overwhelming bias against spirituality, religious philosophy, and occult theosophy on these boards. Because I hold these avenues so dear to myself, I have decided to open up a thread for the teaching and spreading of information related to these topics.

Have you ever wondered what the Ego is that so many people talk about on ATS boards?

Have you heard mention of languages like Enochian, Magi, Passing the River or Theban and don't know what they are?

Do you think that the Occult is all about summoning demons and trading your soul to the Devil for insights?

Do you have more questions like this?

Then I welcome you to post them here. And I will do my best to answer them, but only if I actually have some experience with them. If I don't, then I would hope someone else on these board who also studies these things would be kind enough to jump in and help.

I am tired of seeing so many self-proclaimed "Enlightened Ones", and I think it's time ATS had a real hub for these topics.

I hope to see all your questions, and answers to others' question on here in the coming days.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have for long time been interested in Occult and have some experience with super-natural and the whole aspect of Magick and Occultism. I find it to be a fairly complicated subject but basically have figured out some simple techniques and want to ask you about them . What you know, I do not know but will ask nonetheless just because I talk about it as much as I can with anyone that claims to have knowledge about it.

Controlling myself and re-routing energies to fulfill my goals of own self growth is the main reason I'm interested in it. I think anyone can progress and evolve further from where they are at this point.

I understand that everything is vibrations and we are limited to 5 (or 6) senses in every aspect of our lives. I also believe in reincarnation. I believe that our inner essence shapes our physical looks and psychological and mental tendencies (along with genes, nature and nurture). I believe in collective consciousness and magnetism between humans. I also believe there's no true justice in the world just like there isn't any in animal kingdom.

question 1: do you believe in past lives, and that we are reborn until spiritually enlightened?

question 2: Do you believe that there are ways to *gather* inner energy and re-route it? Through sexual continence, fasting or being silent for instance?

My techniques to gather energy (in no particular order) are:

(1) prolonged periods of silence (sometimes for weeks)
(2) developing will power (fasting would be one way)
(3) Meditation
(4) Diet (Natural, raw, organic foods and herbs
(5) Not wasting energy through orgasm and excessive sex
(6) Living by the saying: "Live and let live", believing in free will of other, not pushing anyone or anything to be a certain way but just allowing.
(7) Not wasting energy on low vibrational frequency emotions such as jealousy, anger, fear but re-routing them (takes practice to achieve)
(8) Experiencing to be who you were born in full (for instance if you are a man you TRULY have to take possession of a female (where she gives in to you because of you, not because of her), and through that experience access higher plane, if you will, of being a MAN. and if you are a female, to give in and surrender to a man completely and through that emotion access of what its like to truly be a woman. English is my second language so maybe it's hard for me to explain.. But I guess I'm saying to allow our animal instincts to go through and thru them access the taste of living in full? Hope I'm making some sense here.

I guess I'm asking if you agree with me or not about my general view on Occultism in that aspect of it. I don't know if we are on the same page here that's why I'm not exactly looking for guidance from you, but it would be interesting if you have something to add and detract. Those above I know to be true for myself from sources I have read.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by misha.baikal

Thanks for the response, and the questions Misha. Welcome to the thread. I agree that vibrations are one aspect of life, this is a theory developed and taught during the 1700s by a theosophical philosophy known as Hermetics. Vibrations open us up to the channels of ourselves, and our world. Through them we can monitor our health, the health of those around us, and our own advancement towards enlightenment (whatever form of enlightenment that you so desire).

Your first question: I do believe in a type of reincarnation. I don't believe that we spend so much time in one caste system, and then are reborn higher or lower (as Hindu reincarnation teaches). Instead I believe that our reincarnation occurs in extra-dimensional ways. Primarily two steps: physical reincarnation, and spiritual reincarnation.

In the first, we are born again and again to new consciences. We may be born of any race, any gender, and any ethnicity; the goal being to give us a deeper grasp of what it means to be human.

The latter, I believe is a spiritual concept occurring beyond the death of the physical body. Conscience is an amalgamation of neurological synapses, so I believe it is illogical to think that our thinking self lives on postmortem.

Instead, I believe that our bio-electric energy, and natural body radiation are recycled and filtered throughout the Universe. We do not maintain a universal consciousness (what some would call a unity with the god-head) but are instead woven into the fabric of the Universe, just as our physical bodies break down and feed the Earth, our "spiritual body" breaks down and feeds the Universe.

What do you think, Misha?

I am a strong believer in the ability to mentally focus and control our bodies natural energies. I believe that all magick is nothing more than the acts of someone who has attained the ability to focus and control their magnetism, bio-electricity, and small body radiation. Some would disagree with me, believing that magickal energy is an inherent natural phenomenon separate from the human body, but that is there belief, and this is mine.

Meditation - specifically attempts to achieve Asana, Pranayama and Dhyana - coupled with staying healthy, keeping your brain sharp (obviously by engaging in discussion and seeking new avenues of enlightenment all the time), and attempting to develop those elusive "6th sense" skills are all beneficial and important towards circulating, controlling, and being able to feel your own inner energy.

Of course, just one of those activities alone can be enough, as long as you're open to the possibilities of the existence of such things. I myself meditate, try to keep my brain sharp by engaging in discussion and debate frequently, and am always keeping an eye out for "odd" occurrences that may relate to some latent "6th sense" that I possess.

Concerning your practices,

1. Oaths of silence are beneficial for strengthening your own resolve. If you can take, and keep, such an oath, it disciplines you for more difficult mental and physical tasks, such as mediation or extreme workouts.

2. The development of the True Will is a staple of Qabala, Thelema and almost all other theosophical societies. The act of keeping the Ego in balance, so that the True Will can effect it's outcome is important to any, and all spiritual living. If we cannot tell the difference between what we desire, and what we require, we cannot truly reach any enlightened stage.

3. Obviously, as my earlier statements say, meditation is a large facet of my personal regimen.

4. The diet aspect I believe we approach from opposite ends. I have absolutely no problem with an all-natural diet. However, I also understand that modern science has made our food supply safer, more durable, and a lot healthier for us. I also believe that all food, however "healthy" or "unhealthy" it may be is a part of the human experience. Moderation I believe is the more important aspect to consider here. A time and place for all foods.

5. I must actually disagree on the sex reference. It has been my belief that sexual interactions - only if mutually condoned - is one of the healthiest, and most sacred acts that can be performed. The state of euphoria reached during sexual intercourse, coupled with the health benefits and intense human emotional connections developed are all beneficial magickally, spiritually, physically, emotionally and mentally. Such is only my stance on the subject though.

6. I have a bit of a complicated stance when it concerns "free will" and "do unto others". I do believe that all human beings are inherently free to make and do as they please, I do not believe though that this means we should let everyone do as they wish. As fellow humans we need to carefully place our foot in the door when someone is overstepping their boundaries. If that makes sense.

7. I think that all emotions have a time, and place. Anger and jealousy are no different than joy or charity. Emotions are all chemical occurrences, so they should all be treated the same. Again, moderation should be employed. When it is proper to express anger or outrage, do so. When it is childish or immature, refrain from doing so.

8. I believe that all human beings genetically and biologically possess a duality. To discard the animus from the anima, or vice-versa, is wrong. In order to fully experience what it means to be a man, you must understand what it is to be a woman, the same for the woman. To take a woman as yours because she is woman and you are man is wrong. History and archeology teach us that while men were the Kings and rulers of city-states, the women were often revered, respected and feared as being more powerful than the men. To truly experience life to it's fullest, you must open yourself up to all of your avenues - whether they are masculine or feminine.

Thank you, once again for your reply. I hope to see you contributing more to this thread if it grows.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Out of question, how do you (you as an a person) sort through all of the fake or misinterpretation of various subjects of the occult and such things? Because I have no idea were to start on various subjects. I'll read sites or books but honestly I have no idea what can be real or just someone just trying to make a quick buck.

EDIT:Spelling.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Monetize]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I am tired of seeing so many self-proclaimed "Enlightened Ones", and I think it's time ATS had a real hub for these topics.

I hope to see all your questions, and answers to others' question on here in the coming days.

~ Wandering Scribe

I have never seen anyone claim to be enlightened ones except the spammars but they give themselves away very fast.

as for the rest of the post / Antichrist will practice and teach many things you just written.

Like magic.

The difference is he knows what he's doing and you don't.

the world towards this period as predicted will get more spiritualy deviant and prideful and all sorts of pagan thoughts and ideas will continue to remove christ fro society until he comes back to cleanse the earth.

be careful what learning your into op.

peace.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Still around? I have some questions if this thread is still active.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

Sure, thread is still active. I went away from it for a bit, but, why not? I'll see what I can help you with.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

What are your thoughts on astral traveling? I have never tried...in fact, I have only just begun to practice meditation. If you have any experience with this I was wondering if you see it as a person's own mental construct or as an actual place where one comes in contact with other beings or entities.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

What people typically coin as "astral travel" I tend to believe is actually interpersonal inter-dimensional exploration. IIE doesn't have quite the same ring to it as OBE does though, ha ha. The reason I say this, though, is because I have never encountered anyone who was actually projecting themselves in any noticeable way.

Now, I know someone will come along with a story that a friend's brother once read in a hokey magazine, about a man who projected while anesthetized on the operating table, and saw a shoe on the hospital roof, which was then discovered to have actually been there.

Believe me, I've heard that one before, hundreds of times, taking place in hundreds of different hospitals. If you can project and see a shoe, then project and tell me what's inside my lock-box at the bank. I would love to award whoever tells me correctly with what the item/s is/are.

No, my belief is that astral projectors are actually delving deeper into their own subconscious, and possibly into the super-consciousness of the human species. They are certainly not visiting other dimensions and realms and planets though. Why? Because everywhere they go, can be found in the construct of human cultural associations.

A sea-like place filled with thousands of like-minded travelers? Influenced by the Hindus and their Akashic Records.

A giant empty rooms with hundreds of occupants? Influenced by UFO occupant and abduction lore from the 50s and 60s.

If someone is stepping outside of our realm of space-time, then the physics, nature, chemistry, and formation of that place would be different than the one we currently exist in. So, tell me why no one has ever projected to a place without some evidence in mythology, fantasy tales, fictional stories, or religious lore?

I do believe astral projection is good for you though. It helps you strip away the facades, personas, and masks you wear during day-to-day life. When you're traveling, you're seeing the reality of who you are, and what you believe; as opposed to what you think you are, and what you want to think.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Thanks brother. As I said earlier, never tried it, but I have always curious about it after reading so many others tell about thier experiences.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You're welcome.

If you're looking to try it, I'd first recommend becoming comfortable with meditation (which I believe you said you have been).

After that, start keeping an eye on your dreams, and frequent symbols which populate them. If you can enact a state of lucidity in dreaming, even better, but not everyone can do so.

Once you've taught your body to regulate its rhythm, and have a comprehensive understanding of your mind's symbolic nature, astral projection and out-of-body travel should begin to just naturally happen.

Most frequently the projections occur during sleep, or resting period, but also it can sometimes be incited during meditation.

Good luck.

~ Scribe

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Is the eye sehkmet?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

The Eye of Ra is not just Sehkmet.

The Eye of Ra is an avenger, and familial member to Ra's divine family. As an Eye, the goddess serves as a protector, a mother goddess, a guide, a creator (in some minor aspects), and a warrior when the time is needed (as per Ra's nightly descent into the Underworld).

Among the possibilities for the Eye of Ra are: Hathor, the cow-goddess of the sky; Bast, the domesticated feline who protects humans, raises children, and avenges wrongs; Wadjet, the serpent who protects the Pharaoh's physical body; or Mut, the vulture mother goddess who oversees childbirth and the raising of children.

So, yes and no. Sehkmet is the Eye of Ra, but she is not the only Eye of Ra.

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

join