It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember that ash cloud? It didn't exist, says new evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Remember that ash cloud? It didn't exist, says new evidence

www.dailymail.co.uk< br />

Britain's airspace was closed under false pretences, with satellite images revealing there was no doomsday volcanic ash cloud over the entire country.

Skies fell quiet for six days, leaving as many as 500,000 Britons stranded overseas and costing airlines hundreds of millions of pounds.

Estimates put the number of Britons still stuck abroad at 35,000.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

[edit on 26/4/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Stranded: Hundreds of desperate Britons sleep on the basement floor at Bangkok's International Airport, Thailand waiting to get flights home

However, new evidence shows there was no all-encompassing cloud and, where dust was present, it was often so thin that it posed no risk.

The satellite images demonstrate that the skies were largely clear, which will not surprise the millions who enjoyed the fine, hot weather during the flight ban.

Jim McKenna, the Civil Aviation Authority's head of airworthiness, strategy and policy, admitted: 'It's obvious that at the start of this crisis there was a lack of definitive data.

check out the link to the source for pictures for confirmation

I wonder why they closed the airspace if there was no ash cloud covering the skies? I wonder who is responsible for this, and whoever is, cost a lot of people a lot of money. Not to mention, a lot of people were stuck at the airports because they were unable to leave.

I doubt you will see any MSM reporting this so I definitely had to share this with ATS. I'm going to look around and see if I can find out more information about this. This is just ridiculous if you ask me... giant cover up for what? Seriously why did this happen? How did the airports allow this to happen to themselves, unless they were apart of all this?

Edit to add pictures:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec422d558caf.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75e617e65646.jpg[/atsimg]

www.dailymail.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27/4/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Remember that Search button? It does exist, says me.

Like the photos you've uploaded though

-m0r

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I swear I searched... Different article, different name, not my fault, but I guess my search skills aren't up to par so I apologize.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I live in the US but almost all my extended family is still in Ireland, and I've spoken with some of them and they told me that the had to brush ash off their cars every now and again during this whole incident. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
All the cars in my area have been covered in ash too, it may not have been visible - but it was definitely drifting around. And it is better to be safe, who knows what it could have done when sucked through a jet engine

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join