It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

monsanto, agriculture, etc. . . why all the hate towards them?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

If he isnt I AM

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

no not at all, just saying.

do you guys know what a combine is? or how 'bout a swather? a tractor? can you tell apart a cow from a deer? just some questions.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
reply to post by jssaylor2007

thank you. that is exactly my point. without the innovations in ag sciences, food would not prosper in the land it now does. the people who hate it don't know this. they think there fod comes from a magical room in Walmart/McDonald's/BK/DQ/Albertson's/Cashwise Foods/etc.

First off, the people who think their food comes from the mentioned stores are not the people who are against Monsanto. The people that are concerned about Monsanto are the people who DO know where their food comes from and want to make sure the things they ingest are not going to silently kill them. For this reason alone most of us who are against Monsanto do not purchase our food at these places if we purchase it at all!

Secondly, My backyard is evidence that food can prosper naturally and without GM seed and chemical.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

"there are no frankenfoods. again, give me an instance of a corn monster eating thousands of civilians."

this isn't a sci-fy movie, go do some research ok..and watch the documentaries also..

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Boy, I live in the rural south and know more about combines, gins and mills than most people do... I also know that most of the farmers and ranchers around here don't pump their crops and livestock full of nearly as many chemicals as Monsanto does... especially to the point where if some of the genetically modified material from those crops winds up on a farm next door, they get the hell sued out of them by Monsanto itself - you seriously have to have a pretty significant chemical marker if those idiots can track it's DNA next door.

Incidentally, enjoy having your post erased... mods can tolerate ignorance, they just can't tolerate it when it comes with colorful language... buh-bye

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You must know a lot of stupid people to have the nerve questioning other peoples intelligence like this.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

yes, but your backyard is also under the perfect conditions for these plants to grow. in ND we dry farm, which means we let the rain water our crops. we don't use a tihs- load of water to water the corn. mainly because it is way too expensive. in your backyard you water those plants daily, si? leave them alone for a while in drought like heat and dryness, and wataya know! they all die. this is why Monsanto's and like companies seeds help the farmer and the rest of the populace.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Many would be sad to know that "Organic" cotton, veggies, fruits etc. are 9 times out of 10 genetically modified crops. "Organic" means no pesticides or artificially produced fertilizer. Without GM crops the STARVING in this world would be the DEAD in this world. I cannot stress the importance of GM crops enough because without them the mass populace of the world could not be fed. Crops would be either intolerant of temperatures, drought, insects, or would flat out have low yield.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
There are no Frankenfoods? I'm not even going to talk about Monsanto then, I'll point out the future. By the way, Frito-Lay has only one brand of non-GMO crop, which is its Tostitos organic brand. The rest is the poison of which we speak. And, one more time for new-comers, I present the following. Wake up gentlemen.

Hidden hazards of nano-ingredients

I never thought I’d say this, but there’s something in your food that’s even worse than sugar… and this microscopic new threat isn’t even listed on the ingredients label.

These tiny terrors are called “nanoparticles” or “nanomaterials,” and they’ve been scientifically engineered to make foods look better and last longer.

But when it comes to nano, just say no-no — because nanotechnology, as it’s called, is wildly unregulated and dangerously untested. In fact, we have no idea at all what this junk might to do humans — yet you’re probably eating it right now.

Welcome to your new life as a supermarket lab rat.

What little we do know is downright frightening: A two-year study on animals at UCLA found nano-titanium dioxide — the most common nanoparticle — caused DNA and chromosome damage, according to AOL News.

The researchers say this kind of severe damage could lead to cancer, heart disease and brain disease… and yet these nano-particles are turning up in everything from fruit and vegetable coatings to salad dressing to ice cream.

We used to call that food tampering. Instead, the mad scientists behind this sick scheme are considered industry pioneers.

Meanwhile, the FDA is so in the dark on this one that they won’t even admit it’s in your food… even if its own experts say it is. In fact, the AOL News report found that 20 of the world’s top food makers have their own nano-labs or contracts with universities to develop nano-ingredients for them.

And because there’s no requirement to list these particles on nutritional labels, there’s no way of knowing if your food has been nano-tainted… and therefore no way to avoid it.

It’s reaching the point where the only way to be safe is to grow your own — and if you have the time and space, don’t wait — spring is here. Start planting today.

Daily Dose, April 14th
douglassreport.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

reminds me of one of my favorite sayings.

where would we be without agriculture? answer- naked and hungry.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Oh virtually everything that's grown or raised has some form of chemical infused into it at some point or another - no one likes sickly livestock or crops full of worms. The issue at hand is Monsanto and its insistance of genetically modifying EVERYTHING and then suing people when their science experiment migrates to someone else's property...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

ha ha you are a funny boy..sorta..I live on the palouse..look it up my friend..farm country here, know all about combines and farm equipment to a degree..doesn't change the fact about Monsanto, not even a little bit, watch the movie and see the little boys feet starting to rot from walking through the fields full of your GMO infested crops...go ahead, it's only an hour long. You will learn something, then you can get back to us.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think what the world need is another good American Agriculture Movement to get them thinking again.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

When I say backyard, I want you to understand that I live in the country... I'm not talking about a rooftop terrace that I grow a few tomato plants on... My plants all grow naturally. I don't water them. If they can't survive in this climate I don't grow them.

But what exactly does how you farm have to do with this conversation?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Is that so.

Then maybe there is indeed a case of over population.

However their is plenty of food for anyont to be starving. Not to mention the amount of land and food is used for the animals people like to eat.

Save to say there is a major balance issue with nature and playing God is not the way to solve it.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I have my own garden here..so..you might be naked and hungry, but i and my family will not..go watch the movie....hurry , before you forget...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

EVERYTHING! because many plants could not survibe in the areas they are grown naturally without having been modified.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

I agree with you here. I dont agree with the tactics Monsanto uses with patenting their GM crops. I think its downright wrong, an they should burn for it, but ultimately GM crops are a good thing. I'm definitely not trying to support Monsanto in any way, I am basically just saying GM crops positives outweigh the negatives. Without them there wouldnt be a deep south to live in.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

i'll say it again. urban sprawl is taking most of the land that COULD have been used for farmland and turning it into a concrete jungle.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

If a plant can't survive a certain climate, then guess what? It wasn't meant to be growing there in the first place. Simple biology, that is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join