It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel troops kill Hamas militant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Israel troops kill Hamas militant

Israeli troops have killed a senior Hamas militant in a raid on a house in the West Bank. Mr Suweiti was accused of attacking Israeli forces in the West Bank

news.bbc.co.uk...

I wonder how the group will respond.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on 26/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I wonder how the group will respond

The same way both sides do - immediately and with violence...

And the input from you in your own thread is quite profound...u bring back the Dope to 420.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hopefully not like this.....

"On 28 June 1914, Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne, and his wife, Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, were shot dead in Sarajevo, by Gavrilo Princip, one of a group of six Bosnian Serb assassins coordinated by Danilo Ilić. The political objective of the assassination was to break Austria-Hungary's south-Slav provinces off so they could be combined into a Greater Serbia or a Yugoslavia. The assassins' motives were consistent with the movement that later became known as Young Bosnia. Serbian military officers stood behind the attack.

At the top of these Serbian military conspirators was Chief of Serbian Military Intelligence Dragutin Dimitrijević, his right hand man Major Vojislav Tankosić, and Masterspy Rade Malobabić. Major Tankosić armed (with bombs and pistols) and trained the assassins, and the assassins were given access to the same clandestine tunnel of safe-houses and agents that Rade Malobabić used for the infiltration of weapons and operatives into Austria-Hungary.

The assassins, the key members of the clandestine tunnel, and the key Serbian military conspirators who were still alive were arrested, tried, convicted and punished. Those who were arrested in Bosnia were tried in Sarajevo in October 1914. The other conspirators were arrested and tried before a Serbian kangaroo court in French-occupied Salonika in 1916-1917 on unrelated false charges; Serbia executed the top three military conspirators. Much of what is known about the assassinations comes from these two trials and related records.

Assignment of responsibility for the bombing and murders of 28 June is highly controversial because the attack led to the outbreak of World War I one month later."

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh I dunno, maybe it's in response to this...

www.cnn.com...

Y'know, from the grown up ready-for-the-international-community-to-take-us-seriously "leadership" of the Palestinian people (who, because of this, I feel even more sorry for than I did yesterday).

No side is innocent in this. Neither the Israeli government nor Hamas. Each a grade A class #$%@^&% (insert colorful metaphor here).

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I wonder how the group will respond.

Honestly... this was my first thought.

Sorry, but it's getting to the point that it really isn't that surprising, anymore.

Besides, people are dying in my town from questionable police shootings...
That's a bit more of a concern to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm just waiting to see which spark is going to start the fire. Everyday it seems like sparks are showering dry tender...it is just a matter of time before one starts the blaze. With so many people pouring gas on the tender it should be quite explosive when it does finally catch light.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I hear what you're saying. I'm almost to the point where I don't care if that corner of the Mediterranean gets turned into a glass parking lot. More pressing issues at home methinks.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

It's actually in response to this.... or so we are told, and yes, more pressing matter's here at home as well....

Ali Sawiti is responsible for the following terror attacks:

■October 3rd, 2000: Shooting at an Israeli vehicle traveling near Shekef, west of Hebron.
■November 13th, 2003: Shooting at an Israeli vehicle traveling near the Idhna Junction.
■December 18th, 2003: Shooting at an Israeli vehicle traveling near the Idhna Junction.
■April 25th, 2004: Ali Sawiti and other members of his squad executed a shooting attack in the area of Idhna Jnction. The attack killed a Border Policemen. Two additional border policemen were injured

[edit on 26-4-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

No, I'm serious. I'm honestly to the point where I don't give a rat's @$$ about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict anymore. I studied it for years... in high school, in college... I've followed failed peace agreement attempt after failed peace agreement attempt for years. Far as I'm concerned, pull the innocent civilians from both sides out and let 'em have at it. Screw it, give the Palestinians a couple of Minutemen just to make it interesting, forget this frilly little Scud nonsense. Far as I'm concerned, the oil/energy/political ramifications would put us all in the same boat anyway, but without all the douchebagery we're constantly bombarded with courtesy of MSM. Seems a fair trade to me, just to have a week or two of silence without all the rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Instead of murder for murder how about hamas stops lobbing missiles and Israel eases Gaza border restrictions?It would be a start.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

The title which better suits is
► Israeli militant kills a Hamas militant ; or
► Israeli soldier kills a Hamas soldier

top topics

join