It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High court accepts case over violent video games

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

This is probably more for another thread but...

If parents are not even capable of making even a simple choice like a videogame the kids are not allowed to play, are they even qualified for having kids at all ?

With this in mind, should the state prohibit having children when the parents do not qualify to a certain standard ?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

See , seems to me that your saying " If we shouldnt have one form of interfering government policy, then shouldnt we maybe have another one, which is infact worse?"
A policy which prevents a person even giving birth unless the state deems them fit , seems to be even more of an invasion of our human right to choose our own destiny, than the government choosing what entertainment is acceptable. Can we please get away from that line ? Please?
Fact is, NONE of the policies which govern computer gaming, or parenting can ever totaly remove the possibility of parents ignoring them. But EVEN if parents allow thier kids to play gory games, if they do the REST of parenting right, then there will not be a problem, simple as.
What SHOULD happen, is more investigation of inappropriate parenting methods, more scrutiny of child services and so on.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

Hopi prophecy, get ready....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You are are right. I just wanted to make a point.

I do not deny the need for a government. However, they should not have to deal with these kinds of problems.

Next time I will try to be a little less 'black and white'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join