It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood sign is saved at last minute by Hugh Hefner

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Hollywood is one of the greatest blights to humanity. It is a stain upon the earth, spewing forth none-sense and corporate propaganda. It is a massive tool, and indeed a scary one. It controls the populace on a grand scale. I'll be happy to see the area burn one day. The sign is no exception.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Hey Sunshine. I'll give you a clue. There isn't much filmed in Hollywood these days so give it a rest. I actually have a brother who has worked for one the Studios since the late 70's. He is soon to retire.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
This is what it looked like back in 1923!

If you look real hard you can actually spot a young Slayer69 sitting on top of the cross bar of the first L.

Funny FUNNNNY GUYYY!

I'm older not that old. By the time I was out and about the LAND part was already dust.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
There is something profoundly decedant about it, that I sure would hate to see go!
Thanks Hugh!

I agree, and in its own right its a landmark. Its no different than things like the St. Louis Arc, cars on Daytona beach, or the Seattle space needle.
It attracts tourism, (which is good for the city) and i think its just unique and different, a large sign of the city in the hills, it gives the city something to wear.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

yep, i love that sign, i drove by it so many times that i feel it is a part my own personal history on this planet, i would hate to see it ever get torn down..

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Meanwhile, the homeless on the streets of LA continue to starve and suffer.

Don't you just love how our world works?

Save the sign! Forget the people.

It works like this: Problems with immediate solutions are tackled first, otherwise we'd be concentrating on the oldest most complicated ones forever.

Saving homeless people is overrated anyway. They are good for nothing, mostly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join