It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adobe flash player installed, but my computer doesn't know it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hey, ya'll any help would be greatly appreciated here.
I have some original music on myspace, but when I switched from using Internet Explorer to Mozilla I could not get my music to play on myspace. So I followed the instructions and downloaded adobe flash player manually, as it says to for Mozilla. The download was successful,but...
Well, I restarted the computer and still each time I go to myspace the site tells me "download adobe flash player"
I have some music to upload and I can't even begin to do that when the old songs I already have up there are not even playing on my computer. I mean this is nuts. How come my computer doesn't see that I have downloaded adobe flash? I've done it several times. Anyone please?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
nobody knows why this is happening?

:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Dunno, worked OK for me.

I've gone on to using Chrome most of the time now, maybe you could give that a go?

edit - or uninstall firefox and start from scratch maybe?

[edit on 26/4/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well,sorry friend but it is not your 'puter that doesn't know it is your browser that does not know!

You have to install it on your computer for IE but you have to add it as a "addon"(hence the name)for Firefox.Actually it is a "plugin".

Here is a link to where you add it on.The plugin that is.

Adobe Flash Firefox add on.

You need the plugin installed in Firefox so that it can detect the flash player installed on your computer.

If that makes sense.

Do that and see if it works.

Also note Firefox checks your addons and tells you when there is a new version but does not tell you when your plugins have been updated.

You need to check that yourself.

Preferably after they update Firefox and then things stop working.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
to the OP: you successfully downloaded adobe flash player but did you install it?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ladies, gentlemen, thank you for your great input. It is resolved. I now have one more step to take which I will now make a new thread about because , yet again, I am not computer savvy , obviously , and have no idea what I'm doing on this machine

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Here is a link to that thread, you kind and helpful people...www.belowtopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join