It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake "Star Field?" in STS-106 - NASA Manipulation Evident

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Source - Mars Anomoly Research

I would like to create this thread to draw attention to Report #184 at the Mars Anomoly Research page. It talks about this image from Space Shuttle Atlantis STS-106 mission on 9/10/2000 through the Crew Optical Alignment Sight.
Image Source nasa.gov

It shows an an area in the Shuttle's viewfinder where it would appear alterations have been made. Looks like a crappy clone job in photoshop to me. Check it out!

All credit goes to the Mars Anomoly Research Team or Joseph P. Skipper
I didn't discover the anomoly or have any part in the Mars Anomoly Website, just spreading information

*EDIT*

I would just like to make this edit as a request to other users. Please go and view the picture from the actual .gov website and try and make a copy of it also for record. It would be a shame if once brought to everyones attention it was "fixed." I know that if it does get changed then all credibility would be lost so the more people that view the actual NASA site the better IMO.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Anjaba]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hmm, to me it does not appear to be a complete dupe, look to the top star on the left hand side in the boxes. One is actually dimmer than the other. The one on the left is dimmer actually than the right.

Though I guess it is quite peculiar, then again looking at the Universe as a whole there could be a whole slew of stars. Take for instance Milky way in Death Valley [I think it's DV?] s2.hubimg.com... So I suppose the pecularness of this picture [in my eyes] is where are the other stars that shine bright enough to be seen? It looks black enough to where you should see some, but I guess light from those 'Cross' like things may be affecting the photo? As well as the sun bouncing off of the ISS?

To further continue on about the photoshop, it doesn't appear to show any lines of being altered at least from my eyes. Then again I am only going by the light of my monitor as it slowly rolls into dusk. I could be wrong and maybe NASA is up to something, but as of right now I don't think they are doing anything mischievous at least not now or yet.
Good eyes though

[edit]
Edited for clarify in the second paragraph.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Gigantea Rosa]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

I agree that there is such an abundance of stars that it could just be a coincidence, but I find it very hard to believe when you really, I mean really, examine it. You don't even have to stretch your mind to grasp it, it's staring you right in the face... Check out the Hi-Res image from the NASA.gov link and view it from there, definitely some tiling IMHO, but that's just my opinion

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Nice find.

Just checked it in photo shop.

It's EXACTLY same star cluster.

The only star that is different in luminosity is the one on the top left.

No way this is a coincidence in my opinion.

Duplicate fields, they're hiding something as usual.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

I agree completely! It's extremely obvious that it was duplicated and pasted there.. I can never jump on with the "faces" in the rock crowd because to me that is stretching it a bit, but this is right there plain as day.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjaba

Yeah I was looking at it in the High-res that was one of the first things I did just to see the whole picture in question.
Still though there is something tugging at the back of my mind pushing and wondering. In the high-resolution picture in the very top left I can see what appears to be Orion's belt. I think...So if I simply look to the consultations near/around that belt it would be easy to verify whether or not it was a photoshop.

Not trying to be a skeptic or at least blow your ideas out of the water before blossoming, just trying to see if this can be explained or not before it gets to far; and well if it is altered then NASA has some 'splanin to do.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So whats the consensus? Fake shuttle mission or hiding something from public view of whats out there?

I'm saying it was to hide something from the public.

I'm voting for incoming Nibiru Battlecruiser

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

Good luck getting them to explain anything lol. Definitely strengthens the foundation of the whole "NASA Edits" conspiracy though!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm going with something else docking with or hanging out in the vicinity of the station. Not saying it is alien in nature, probably ours to be honest, but definitely something we aren't supposed to know about!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'm voting for incoming Nibiru Battlecruiser

Oh my Lord - that just made my day, but I too think it would be to hide something out there we aren't supposed to see. Not for faking an ISS mission, we do know for sure that it's up there, so what would the point of that be.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjaba

OH I'm sure it's not a Battle Cruiser.
I'm sure there have been others that have been doctored up. But that job was just plain lazy and HORRIBLE.

My cat can HAZ better Adobe SKILLZ

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm hoping it's one of OUR battlecruisers.. How great would that be
It sucks that they don't tell us these things, but someday!!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Just opened in photoshop also and definitely looks like a copy and paste or stamp and layer job. There are actually 3 of those same star pairs. Another one directly to the right of the yellow box added in. All 3 line up horizontally perfectly.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is why i have told some time ago, don't Trust NASA.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The only thing I'll trust them to do is keep making little mistakes like this to keep confirming my beliefs.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjaba

I'm going with something else docking with or hanging out in the vicinity of the station. Not saying it is alien in nature, probably ours to be honest, but definitely something we aren't supposed to know about!

A few years ago I was reading a rare report on the USAF space program, the author made mention of the fact that there are more launches in a month from Air Force facilities then there are in a year from NASA.

It has been that way for decades.

Yes, there are alot of satellites up there to provide redundancy for the military, there are probably 'conventional' weapons too. However if the schedule of multiple launches per week for years is accurate, then there is definitely more going on then we are being led to believe.

The sloppiness of this photo goes a long way to prove some of the other theories on this site concerning the state of the world right now: As long as most people accept it then everything is fine. All TPTB need to do to quell any questions is cast doubt on those asking and the story disappears from the surface.

This image means two possible things to me; either they don't care anymore because checkmate is near or they are so arrogant they are becoming lazy.

EDIT:

Makes me wonder about the Sea-Launch program; there are no witnesses in the middle of the ocean.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm not sure those are actually stars.

The ISS is very fuzzy looking, either out of focus or motion blur. The "stars" are sharp and clear. That doesn't make sense.

The COAS is an optical device involving a mirror and light bulb, I think the spots may be artifacts of the instrument.

The COAS is an optical device with a reticle projected on a combining glass that is focused on infinity. The reticle consists of 10-degree-wide vertical and horizontal cross hairs with 1-degree marks and an elevation scale on the right side of minus 10 to 31.5 degrees. A light bulb with variable brightness illuminates the reticle.

Source

[edit on 4/26/2010 by Phage]

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Regardless of whether they are stars/artifact/ice or little space fairies, the fact that they are exact duplicates of each other still stands.. You don't find that odd Phage?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

I agree about the sea launch possibilities, the pacific ocean is a vast area easily capable of hiding a facility.. With all the underground volcanoes and barely submerged islands/atolls It wouldn't be hard to build a hidden facility just 20ft below the surface for such things.. They can hollow out a mountain above ground, who's to say they can't do it just below the surface.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjaba

Well, if they aren't stars then it isn't a "fake star field", is it?

You'll have a hard time finding any images of the space station with any stars in it. Exposure issues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join