It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush book to tell of 'flaws and mistakes'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
George W Bush book to tell of 'flaws and mistakes'
news.bbc.co.uk...

The book, Decision Points, will offer "never-before-heard detail" on some of the key events of Mr Bush's presidency, Crown Publishers announced. Due for release in November, the book also covers Mr Bush's family life. The former Texas governor left office in 2009 with one of the lowest presidential approval ratings ever.

Correspondents say his legacy has been damaged by unpopular wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the global financial crisis. In a statement, Crown Publishers said Decision Points would centre on 14 decisions Mr Bush made during his eight years in office. The attacks of 11 September 2001 and devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina are among key events covered, it adds.

'Candid account'

"Since leaving the Oval Office, President Bush has given virtually no interviews or public speeches about his presidency," the statement said. "Instead, he has spent almost every day writing Decision Points, a strikingly personal and candid account revealing how and why he made the defining decisions in his consequential presidency and personal life."

The cover features a photograph of Mr Bush standing outside the White House during his presidency, holding a briefing folder. A publishing industry source told the Associated Press news agency that Mr Bush had finished a first draft and was editing the manuscript in his office in Dallas, Texas.

The book is due to go on sale on 9 November. Mr Bush will promote it with a nationwide tour. The memoirs of Mr Bush's wife, Laura, are due out on 4 May.

#1 mistake?? Running for office....

Yeah.. "Since leaving the Oval Office, President Bush has given virtually no interviews or public speeches about his presidency,"... No crap!!.. If I were him, I wouldn't either.

He needed time alone to get all of his lies straight and down on paper, before he goes around the nation selling it...

I GUARANTEE that 1 week after that book is released, someone will find so many mistakes regarding line times and cross-checks that he will need to release the directors cut. haha

Good guy.
Bad president.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If the GW book is going to discuss his "flaws and mistakes" they better plan on adding Volume I to the end of the book title.
BTW I wonder if he wrote it in crayon?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
At least he doesn't need proof to back it up.

Strange as it may sound it will probably sell well.

Where can I pre-order a copy?

I still need some more books in the comedy section.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Crown Publishers said Decision Points would centre on 14 decisions Mr Bush made during his eight years in office.

He really made that many? All by himself?

Now I know it's a work of fiction.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Maybe they should title his memoirs as "A President and his Puppet Masters?" Everyone knows that Cheney was running the show, and Bush was merely a figure head. On another note, they say it takes a real man to acknowledge their mistakes. All sarcasm aside, the book will probably do well.

He is probably the most controversial President since Richard Nixon. Hopefully, it is a no holds barred examination of the his term as President, but in all due reality, it will be a Bush lite type of book. In other words, a water down version of the events surrounding his Presidency. You can bet, he will have a team of 50 or so lawyers examining every word and phrase of this story. I say story, because it will be a fictionalized account of what transpired.

Can't have the former POTUS incriminating himself, and getting handed an indictment. He is just using his office as others have before him, to hitch a ride on that money train. One who has done that most notably would have to be former President, Bill Clinton. I may pick up the book on the bargain bin, when it arrives.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Will one of the decisions discussed be the decision to disguise a homosexual prostitute as a journalist and allow him free access to the White House both day and, most importantly, night? Will he mention his wife's permanently reserved Washington hotel suite in connection with this? Will he discuss his decision to disguise himself as some kind of cowboy with a texas ranch and all the trimmings? Will he delve into his decision to portray himself as a "dry drunk" who was spared by Divine Intervention when it was clear to all but the most gullible that his frequent bouts of falling down with resulting facial wounds were the result of his continued abuse of alcohol? Will he talk candidly about his decisions to appear on national television in an intoxicated state from god knows what combination of drugs? Will he chronicle Dick Cheney's control over his administration and the utter contempt that Dick repeatedly showed towards him? And finally, will he ultimately conclude that he did this country good when his legacy is nothing more than a lingering malignancy on the body politik and the world is still reeling from eight years of Gilligan at the wheel?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Actually, that's what I thought at first, but then I read where he has spent every day working on it since leaving. Now, given his known expertise with the English language, I'm thinking something like 100 pages....with pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. Graphs and pictures.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I will be buying this.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I just read in the USA Today (10/29) that one of his toughest decisions was an order to shot down a hijacked plane on 911!

And that the book's opening line is "It was a simple question, "When was the last day you can remember without having a drink""

No matter how you feel about old GWB, you've got to admit, some crazy stuff went down during his watch...and we all know he was no mastermind. So it could be an interesting book...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It think GWB is a narcissist (especially when he had power) and insecure about his relationship with his father, though he is not fundamentally amoral---at least to himself. Writing an introspective book that is not entirely self-congratulatory crap is an unusually mature act for him. He's like Bill Clinton in some ways---he really wants people to like him, except he has not the charisma of Clinton.

As for Cheney... Bill Shakespeare knew him

by the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes

edit on 31-10-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

They looked ok with each other riding in that golf cart tonight to throw out the first pitch in game 4 of the World Series. But when the old man stood up, it was kind of like he had no clue where the hell he was... and old jr was just smiling away...he fired a rocket though...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

If you think GWB is a narcissist I really wonder what you would call Obama.
I disagree with you about Bush wanting to be liked because he could care less about the popularity contest, not like Obama.
You still have to admire a guy who can throw a baseball, not like Obama.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Compared to Obama's throws it's kinda funny. Obama lobs it there, just barely. Bush just kinda flips it and it makes it there like he wasn't even trying. Obama should stay away from throwing first pitches, doesn't make for a good photo op.

top topics

join