It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Panel Previews Electronic Health Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Senate Panel Previews Electronic Health Technology

cnsnews.com

One of the new health technologies on display last Thursday was an automatic drug dispenser that can monitor and adjust medication dosages wirelessly, allowing doctors to tailor dosages of drugs such as insulin without having to schedule in-person visits with patients.

“What we’re talking about, folks, is using a device like this one,” Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) said, as he displayed the small device. “It attaches to the patient’s skin and is loaded with drugs that are administered in exact
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is great. They will now provide you with a device attached to your person that will administer drugs, record when you take them, or if you don't, record other physical readings and then up load that information into a government database.

I'm thinking that the next step will be a requirement to have said device attached to receive government healthcare.

You thought the government looking at your e-mails was a privacy issue? How about the government automatically knowing what you are consuming?

cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yeah, this is just a small taste of things to come. It's not in the headline news much like a "terrorist nuke attack" but frankly this is the type of thing that really will impact people's lives in a significant way.

Their agenda is very upfront nowadays. In vivo disease diagnostics and drug dispensing is the route that has been agreed upon as the most effective manner in which to convince the public of the benefits of RFID implants. Here's a Rand paper talking about how to get the camel's nose under the tent in relation to getting RFID into the broader segment of the populace. www.rand.org... Not the most scintillating of reading...

If you look for it, you can see an orchestrated effort to push Verichips by highlighting the problems of diabetes and the "convenience" of in vivo chips that monitor your glucose for you. Coming soon in 2012, the swine/ bird flu diagnostic chip for the fearful.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Things like this correspond to the "Monopolies/Dictatorships are the most efficient" ideology.

In theory it is easy to get a job done when one person tells and another does, but such practices can only go to such an extreme before society becomes discomforted by it.

I think the idea here is not bad at all, and is just another part connected to the ever growing internet.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

This is scary! I wouldn't trust anything wireless, attached to my body to dispense medication, in which the radio waves can be manipulated or jammed.
Talk about malpractice insurance premiums skyrocketing. I would never want to be responsible or liable for such a horrific device. And this doesn't account for "End Of Life" issues. What, Mr. Jones is 75, well, we'll just increase his insulin here, Heeh Heeh Heeh.
No Frackin way!

new topics

top topics

join