It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many can no longer remember when 9/11 took place

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They are hardly going to show the educated people they interviewed where would the entertainment be in that, roll out the mouth breathing morons that`s what the tv watching mouth breathing morons want to watch

[edit on 26/4/10 by On the level]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Regardless of the reason, this is why things continue to drag on, never change and the same 'ol elite types get away with whatever they wish. Some say 911 changed America, all it changed was the manner in which the government can screw us even more so without much reprecussion.

[edit on 4/26/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This shouldn't shock anyone....

Had they asked these 5 questions I am sure the outcome would of been different.

1) Name every American Idol winner since the show began?
2) Name atleast 5 of Tiger Woods mistresses?
3) Who owns Playboy?
4) Name the last drug you tried for fun?
5) What are the lyrics to the Tic Toc by Kesha?

In todays sad state of affairs, THESE questions would of been answered EASILY.....all we can do is shake our heads!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Are these people drinking flouride?

I know there are so many who seem to be unconcerned, even unattentive to major world events that shape our history. I am trying to understand why.

It would appear that to most of these folks, 911 was news for a day and that's all. How do people witness such an event with all it's repercussions of accusations and resulting war....and walk away unaffected and so detached?

To not even realize that 9-11 is code for the month and day..... It's just hard to fathom the ignorance.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Didn't 911 happen sometime in early February?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
No wait,

it was in January of 91, hence 91-1.

So easy, any idiot can figure it out. Gawd, people are so dumb.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

lmao @ Slayer
I wouldn't be too hard on these folks.
They didn't say where they were at or
where these people were from.
Geography plays a role as well in importance
of memories. If it doesn't affect you then
it is voided from placing in long term
storage.

Just last week, we all saw the video
of that horrible plane crash killing Poland's
first family.

But if I asked you right now 1 week later,
to tell me his whole name, could you ????
Probably not without a search function

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
here is an excuse noone cares.

this is the modern age and real people have real jobs and families. This happened forever ago, and people wont let it go of it. I know when I here about it from people they come off like crazed gulf war vets with their vietnam flashbacks. Seriously its time to move on if this is on your mind. And if you think it changed anything it didnt. I still put my pants on one leg at a time, and i still have my morning coffee. The only people who think it changed anything are whiners who cant move on. Their kind of people in relationships you break up with and they stick around like a parasitic organism trying to suck the life out of you.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
"Many can no longer remember when 9/11 took place"

on what do you base many? they just made a compliation of their stupidest answers and you think 80% of the people is like this. Try to be a little criticle of the media too m8.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
yes, the chaser did pick and choose what parts it put on, but you seppos need to relax a little. So what people in other countries got a laugh out of you? It is often the case that Americans will quite happily make jest or just be mean to get a laugh about other countries. Look up the kind of crap Robin Williams said about Australia on Dave Letterman. Watch the episodes of the simpsons where they travel to another country. Listen to comedians talk about Canada, France, Germany England. So i suppose this is just American culture trying to make the rest of the world look dumb. Only difference: that Aussie very much succeeded in making the citizens of N.Y. look uneducated.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You think that's bad, My neighbor and I were having a conversation about 9/11 and how bold the attacks were.

I made a comment about the 19 hijackers and he looked at me strangely like I was crazy and says " There were only 2 hijackers, one on each plane that crashed in the towers". I said "actually there were four jets hijacked and basically four five man teams".

He literally didn't believe me. He told me he was gonna look it up on the internet when he went back to his house. I was dumbfounded but most people really know very little about 9/11, at least it has been my experience.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
this is the modern age and real people have real jobs and families. This happened forever ago, and people wont let it go of it.

u sir I have to question ur motives

the Jews still remember Auschwitz
and that was over 60 years ago.
It will never be forgotten.

It all depends on if u really care about humanity
or just yourself.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pablos

I'm certain that with the proper editing, they could also make the citizens of Brisbane appear to be drooling idiots. They can select any question and edit away most of the answers until they have what they want. This was a tv show designed to entertain those who wish to feel superior even though they might not have much to feel superior about. Asking about 911 for the amusement of the lower classes was pushing the envelope. They should probably stick to political scandals and other forms of common entertainment rather than a tragedy like 911.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
People tune it out because subconsciously they know they are being handed a bunch of bull crap.

If they would be told that 9/11 was your average, ordinary jihad attack by muslims on our non-muslim country, people would remember it.

Instead we are told that no jihad exists, that muslims bring peace, and that Islam is just like a good friend come to help your grandma make cookies. Instead, we are told George Bush and his good time buddies did it to make money and take over the world.

9/11 was a jihad attack on a non-muslim country by muslims spreading Islam. This is how Islam has been spread for the last 1,400 years. But we are to never question the motives of the muslims or the religion they bring. Never.

That is why no one remembers. They are tuning out the lies but have no idea that it was a Jihad attack because, well, no one is allowed to question the muslims. They will kill you if you do. Ask Theo.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Just for the heck of it:

How many people here know the date of VE day and VJ day (without googling mind you)?

Those were very, very important dates also. But I know I don't remember the exact dates. I know that VE day was either March or April of 1945 and think VJ day was August of 1945.

But I bet most here know what happened on VE and VJ day.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
No Surprise there...Bet every one of them could tell you who was voted off Idol last week....

Sheep dont wnat to know stuff...
I mean almost no one knows that Paraguay in South America, plays host to a Hezbollah outpost... where some believe a couple of the 9/11 attackers came from...

Operating out of the Tri-border(Paraguay, Brazil and Argentina) Hezbollah is accused of killing more than 100 people in attacks in nearby Buenos Aires, Argentina starting back in the 1990's. They have their own smuggling ring and enough power in the government as to stop a bill that would prevent money laundering... Just a couple years ago a Hezbollah operative was caught in Mexico trying to sneak into the US...

Regular folk sleep better at night ignoring these little facts... but who's fault is it when those same facts come back to bite them on their fat couch potato butts?...

So who do you think will get voted off idol this week?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Americans you don't help matters by perversely insisting on putting your dates in the wrong order. Where I come from 9/11 is 9th November, as it should be !

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Americans you don't help matters by perversely insisting on putting your dates in the wrong order. Where I come from 9/11 is 9th November, as it should be !

That is simply barbaric!! So that explains why you are so confused about all the conspiracies, you think everyone is talking about a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving - wait, you probably don't have Thanksgiving either. There is no hope then.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Isn't this kinda-sorta a rip-off from Jay Leno?

And, his 'JayWalking' bit? (Rights likely either owned by him, or NBC...)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by pablos

I'm certain that with the proper editing, they could also make the citizens of Brisbane appear to be drooling idiots. They can select any question and edit away most of the answers until they have what they want. This was a tv show designed to entertain those who wish to feel superior even though they might not have much to feel superior about. Asking about 911 for the amusement of the lower classes was pushing the envelope. They should probably stick to political scandals and other forms of common entertainment rather than a tragedy like 911.

Mate did you even read my post? I did not claim that which you imply.All I know is seppos need to relax and be able to laugh at themselves. Also it was not so much a editing trick as much as patience to sift through the people that did know the date. I also hazard a guess you felt pretty superior posting your reply. Which if true amuses me considering you missed the point entirely and still decided to talk down to me. Also what do you mean lower classes? To whom do you refer? Poor people, dumb people, people that look and think differently to you. It seems you think yourself pretty superior. Maybe that should be your screen name!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join