It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know why Iran hates the West, here's why....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
G'day ATS!

I found this today on the US Government Accountability Office's website and found it interesting.

GAO

Iran's oil and gas industry is vital to its economy and government. Oil export revenues have accounted for more than 24 percent of Iran's gross domestic product and between 50 and 76 percent of the Iranian government's revenues in recent years. Iran has the world's third largest oil reserves and second largest gas reserves, according to the Congressional Research Service (CRS), and is the world's fourth largest producer of crude oil, according to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) World Factbook. However, Iran has not reached peak crude oil production levels since 1978.

Very interesting, not only is Iran in possession of massive fossil fuel resources, but these stores are largely untapped and the infrastructure required isn't in place.

What an enormous potential for investment by foreign companies.

One small snag for the US though:

the Deputy Minister of the National Iranian Oil Company said in November 2008 that Iran would need about $145 billion in new investment over the next 10 years to build a thriving energy sector

However;

U.S. law restricts U.S. firms from investing in Iran's energy sector through a variety of sanctions administered by the Department of the Treasury to discourage Iran from supporting terrorism and developing nuclear weapons. In addition, the Iran Sanctions Act, as amended, provides for sanctions against persons, including foreign firms, who invest more than $20 million in Iran's energy sector in any 12-month period.

Iran Sanctions Act (ISA)

So they need $145 billion but firms are only allowed to invest $20 million, no wonder Iran has a chip on its shoulder!

Here are the firms that have been investing in Iran's Oil Industry:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1ae2fc139bb.png[/atsimg]

After learning about Iran's resources, and the possibility for big oil to turn huge profits, have a look at the map below and think about the 'War on Terror', if you're like me you'll really look at it in a different light. Iran is bordered by Iraq and Afghanistan, another reason for Iran to be p'ed off!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97d4b85b8b0e.png[/atsimg]

I feel that this is a project decades in the making. Iran will be vilified and ostracised, treated like Iraq, and perhaps 15, 20 years from now we'll invade them and take the oil, just like Iraq.

If you don't allow a country to develop it's main resource, you're only gong to antagonise them, this is all part of the plan!

However the majority of these companies are disregarding the guidelines, investing far more than $20 million a year (since they are not US registered)!! Here are some highlights:

Royal Dutch Shell/
The Netherlands
Development of South Pars natural gas fields

25% stake in project, with an estimated total cost of $10 billion.

Stated that it has not yet decided whether to proceed.

Total/France

Development of South Pars natural gas fields.

Possible 30% share of a $4 billion project

Confirmed that Total has been a significant investor in the Iranian energy sector for the past 20 years. Confirmed discussions with Iranian authorities regarding development of South Pars phase 11 and the Pars LNG project. Does not anticipate new investments in the near future.

Petrobras/Brazil
Completed exploratory activities in the Tusan block.

Spent $178 million before returning its concession.

In 2004, a subsidiary of Petrobras signed service contract to explore Tusan; contract expired in July 2008. Confirmed project costs of $178 million. Currently no activities or plans in Iran.

Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering/South Korea

Construction of crude oil tanker ships.
D
Contract for $384 million. Total cost of Iranian tanker building program estimated at $2.4 billion.
Confirmed delivery of tanker ships in August 2009, at an estimated contract cost of $384 million. No other sales planned.

For the most part though, there was no response from the 41 companies cited in the report

Watch this space folks, you're looking at TPTB's next target!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8902c74c34ba.jpg[/atsimg]

All the best, Kiwi!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thank you for this post. It is nice to see it laid out like this, sometimes you need to take a step back and look around.

S&F

[edit on 26-4-2010 by bharata]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bharata
Thank you for this post. It is nice to see it laid out like this, sometimes you need to take a step back and look around.

No worries bud, and thanks...

I agree, when you see the map with countries under occupation flanking Iran, when you read about the sanctions imposed and the vast fossil fuel resources involved - there's only one inevitable outcome for the Iran situation, and it isn't good!

All the best, Kiwi

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
All this Iran stuff makes me sick, it really does.

As days go by i'm feeling more and more sorry for this country and the fact they are bound to the rules of the Secret Elite.

Why can't all the people of the world wake up and realise that Iran will be suffocated until it complies and hundreds of thousands of innocent men,women and children are going to die.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The book by John Perkins,

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

He worked for a leading consulting firm, which was essentially a CIA front in Panama, Ecuador, Chile, Saudi Arabia, and Iran.

They would negotiate and finance huge infrastructure construction projects to be repaid with interest by the countries in natural resources like OIL.

The book goes into detail about our dealings with Iran when it was under control of the Shah.

We were even in the planning stages of constructing a nuclear power plant (by the way) and once the revolutionaries over took the nation and deposed the US puppet government, the US kept about $60 million dollars that had already been paid by the Iranians for the construction project.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I don't understand. Number one on the list is ABB Lummus. ABB sold Lummus to Chicago Bridge & Iron Company back in '07. Wouldn't US law prevent Chicago Bridge & Iron from investing in Iranian oil? Given it is a multinational corporation but still, it is based in Woodlands, Texas and the Hague in the Netherlands. Wouldn't this have some effect on their ability to invest in Iranian oil?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's a shame that mass media bias on one hand and political deviousness on the other hand is ultimately going to cost yet another country its rights. Will people ever wake up to this before it's too late?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hmm I think it might have to do more with the fact that CIA has admittedly overthrown the government of Iran a couple times...

I wonder why they don't trust us??

Not to mention US is in league with the Zionists, their arch enemies.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
reply to post by kiwifoot

I don't understand. Number one on the list is ABB Lummus. ABB sold Lummus to Chicago Bridge & Iron Company back in '07. Wouldn't US law prevent Chicago Bridge & Iron from investing in Iranian oil? Given it is a multinational corporation but still, it is based in Woodlands, Texas and the Hague in the Netherlands. Wouldn't this have some effect on their ability to invest in Iranian oil?

Thank you for that information, I beleive that the fact this is US owned should restrict the level of investment allowed, maybe that's one of the ways of bypassing the Act.

All the best, Kiwi

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Who is really the one with the chip on their shoulder?

Iran is a fly in the ointment to all the NWO plans.

I think the West hates Iran. They are probably after the Oil like you have suggested.

So what would you do if the Oil cartels in the West hated you? Hopefully you would have the cojones to counter their propaganda.

Consider these angles Iran has been taking:

Press TV: 'US debt-based money printing biggest theft in history'

Asia Times: Russia, China, Iran redraw energy map

The event sends strong messages for regional security. Within the space of three weeks, Turkmenistan has committed its entire gas exports to China, Russia and Iran. It has no urgent need of the pipelines that the United States and the European Union have been advancing. Are we hearing the faint notes of a Russia-China-Iran symphony?

Ahmadinejad unveils electric Samand

Ahmadinejad has also recently bashed the world economic system, and of course Israel.

He is also FOR 9/11 truth as far as I can tell.

Ahmadinejad's anti-nuke bombs conference had MORE countries participate than Obamas did.

It seems obvious to me that all of the propaganda towards Iran is just because we want to get in their oil and gas deals...

The real conspiracy side of me would suggest that there is an even bigger issue at hand that the nuclear sanctions are a cover for.. and that is ET disclosure. Iran is in a prime area of the world to have very important archaeological artifacts too... and if Sitchin is correct then there should be some very interesting ones.

new topics

top topics

join