It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LUCIFER: the new Vatican Telescope!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Vatican Tied Mount Graham Observatory Launches LUCIFER Telescope.
Why the Vatican call the new telescope "LUCIFER"?

Why the Vatican is so interested on what happen in the sky?

They search LUCIFER (bearer of the light) in the sky? Isn't Lucifer the fallen Angel?
Or is something else?
Nibiru/Planet X?

We are living strange times. Really strange times...
Here the news.
www.raidersnewsnetwork.com...

www.canadafreepress.com...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Antor]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sorry, but there's a thread already here.
But it is interesting how different languages can have different connotations.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Antor

Reminds of of father Malachi Martin, he said in an interview with Art Bell I think it was, that the Vatican needed to know what was going on in space and what is approaching us, LOL.

There are stories that the Vatican sent out a space probe many years ago called Siloe, and there are supposedly video footage out there..
I dont know the credibilty of it, but Leo Zagami (33rd mason I think) talked about that when he was here in Oslo in 2008, it was around that Norwegian Warning letter incident, Leo was arrested by the Secrete service here and threatned to lose his kids if he kept talking..

Anyways , Lucifer, interesting name for some thing to be used to spot Nemesis with . (sarcasm)..

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

OOOPS! Sorry. Can you give me the link?

Find it! Thaks however!

Maybe LUCIFER is an acronym for:

Large Binocular Telescope Near-infrared
Utility with
Camera and
Integral
Field Unit for
Extragalactic
Research

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Antor]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Lol what confuses me is...how is LUCIFER an "acronym" for Large Binocular Telescope Near-infrared Utility with Camera and Integral Field Unit for Extragalactic Research

LOL take out about EIGHT words and there's your "acronym"

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
lucifer is latin for light bearer, what do you need to see? light!
what does a teloscope see? lights!
there you go no conspiracy here move along

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
lucifer is latin for light bearer, what do you need to see? light!
what does a teloscope see? lights!
there you go no conspiracy here move along

Maybe you are not Christian, and you don't know who is the ENEMY of Christianity, then I understand; but I suggest you, only a friendly advice, to learn WHO IS LUCIFER (Lucem Ferre) in Christian Religion... en.wikipedia.org...

The VATICAN call its new telescope LUCIFER!
And you don't find nothing strange ashanu?

Move along.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Antor

The ambiguity over the word "Lucifer" goes far, FAR, deeper than a simple Nibiru conspiracy. It is my feeling that introducing the word Nibiru actually greatly cheapens the real obfuscation behind the true meaning of the name "Lucifer".

Here is a link to an ATS thread over the discussion of the names Satan and Lucifer.
Satan vs Lucifer.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I looked and couldn't find any association with the vatican.

Here's who they say is involved;
The LBT is a collaboration among the Italian astronomical community (National Institute of Astrophysics), the University of Arizona, Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, the LBT Beteiligungsgesellschaft in Germany (Max-Planck-Institut fϋr Astronomie in Heidelberg, Zentrum fur Astronomie der Universität Heidelberg, Astrophysikalisches Institut in Potsdam, Max-Planck-Institut fϋr Extraterrestrische Physik in Munich, and Max-Planck-Institut fϋr Radioastronomie in Bonn), and the Ohio State University and Research Corporation (Ohio State University, University of Notre Dame, University of Minnesota and University of Virginia).

So, where does the Vatican come in exactly?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Actually theres already at least two threads on this topic. Both can be found on the main page of the conscpiracies in religion section.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I looked and couldn't find any association with the vatican.

So, where does the Vatican come in exactly?

Mount Graham Observatory in Arizona is a dominion of the Vatican inside USA, ruled By Gesuits and it is the oversea astronomical site of the Specola Vaticana.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Antor

trust me i know a thing or two about christianity
first you have this one angel
he had a hebrew name not a latin name, whatever the hebrew name was, it meant something pleasant
because in the begining he was a good guy, then he rebelled was caste out or locked away in a heaven prison whichever version you believe
and his name changed now the hebrew name for this i do know
which was beezlebub lord of the flies

now then heres why his name is what you call it today,
king james wnated to make christianity his peoples religion so he started the church and all that, and what language did people read back then? latin! so they translated everything from hebrew to latin
the devil was a good guy in the begining, so for that part the church named him "lucifer" means light bearer (and lucifer was the name they had in latin before anyone knew about this bible book so the word lucifer itself is not bad)
and for some reason the king thought that arabic was a dirty language so they gave the devil the name "satan" which was a deritive of an aribic word which i think meant rebellious im not sure on that though

so there is nothing wrong with the vatican or whoever to name their teloscope "lucifer" because its a latin word, and they speak, drumroll........latin!

so there you go

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
If this is true and i say if because you know how many press related stories are later debunked, this is just another declaration from the powers that be that they are about to surface.

All the politicians around the world are promoting the New World Order and are becoming more and more blatent about it in speeches and talks so why not the vatican too...?

The vatican has a long history of corruption that surrounds it. from the old mafia days to the more current conspiracies linked to the dan brown books. The Vatican is also mentioned in the bible and is related to as the great harlot that sits on the beast. The purple colors worn by memeber of the vatican, the 7 hils rome is built on...so obvious it is a place of devil worship so lucifer the name is more than appropriate for them....just like the politicians...the vatican is promoting the agenda.

The aliens are coming according to Stephen Hawkings and CNN say they have been here for 50 years working in govt.

The earth is changing....

Lots happening...

But please remember it is all to confuse you and to finally be hypnotised by the radiating beauty of lucifer....he will hypnotise you with beauty and wisdom and light....

Be strong and dont fall for the deception ppl!!
Why else are we so tied to ATS if not to know this one truth!

God Rules, Love will win the war!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
LOL @ THE VATICAN GOING COMPLET VENUS!!!!!!!
Um just sayen of all names to come from the Vatican in relation to all things the stars, they name it LUCI. LMAO EARTH....!

PS. LUCIFER AND SATAN ARE NOT THE SAME!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

i've never actually found a latin speaking source for that whole Lucifer is a translation of "light bearer" thing. i've asked a few older people that learned latin at school and they don't think it works.

i'ld love to see a good authority on it if you know one, i have my doubts. i think it's an alister crowley invention/interpretation.

either way, even if the name "lucifer" is a derivation of the words, it now names a particular demon according to catholic lore. John Smith might well be called "smith" but don't ask him to shoe your horse. the church still shouldn't be connected to the telescope. it's weird, to say the least.

[edit on 27/4/10 by pieman]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

well it has been said that the pope and the vatican beleive in aliens so why not let them look for them?
however the catholic church is probably the biggest group of hypocrites in the univers, aside from the galgamechs....lol
but whatev people look at the stars all the time i think people are overreacting about this "lucifer" thing, if the catholic church were endorsing some nwo thing i dont think they would be so open about it

here you go

The word "Lucifer" in Isaiah 14:12 presents a minor problem to mainstream Christianity. It becomes a much larger problem to Bible literalists, and becomes a huge obstacle for the claims of Mormonism. John J. Robinson in A Pilgrim's Path, pp. 47-48 explains:

"Lucifer makes his appearance in the fourteenth chapter of the Old Testament book of Isaiah, at the twelfth verse, and nowhere else: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"
The first problem is that Lucifer is a Latin name. So how did it find its way into a Hebrew manuscript, written before there was a Roman language? To find the answer, I consulted a scholar at the library of the Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati. What Hebrew name, I asked, was Satan given in this chapter of Isaiah, which describes the angel who fell to become the ruler of hell?

The answer was a surprise. In the original Hebrew text, the fourteenth chapter of Isaiah is not about a fallen angel, but about a fallen Babylonian king, who during his lifetime had persecuted the children of Israel. It contains no mention of Satan, either by name or reference. The Hebrew scholar could only speculate that some early Christian scribes, writing in the Latin tongue used by the Church, had decided for themselves that they wanted the story to be about a fallen angel, a creature not even mentioned in the original Hebrew text, and to whom they gave the name "Lucifer."

Why Lucifer? In Roman astronomy, Lucifer was the name given to the morning star (the star we now know by another Roman name, Venus). The morning star appears in the heavens just before dawn, heralding the rising sun. The name derives from the Latin term lucem ferre, bringer, or bearer, of light." In the Hebrew text the expression used to describe the Babylonian king before his death is Helal, son of Shahar, which can best be translated as "Day star, son of the Dawn." The name evokes the golden glitter of a proud king's dress and court (much as his personal splendor earned for King Louis XIV of France the appellation, "The Sun King").

The scholars authorized by ... King James I to translate the Bible into current English did not use the original Hebrew texts, but used versions translated ... largely by St. Jerome in the fourth century. Jerome had mistranslated the Hebraic metaphor, "Day star, son of the Dawn," as "Lucifer," and over the centuries a metamorphosis took place. Lucifer the morning star became a disobedient angel, cast out of heaven to rule eternally in hell. Theologians, writers, and poets interwove the myth with the doctrine of the Fall, and in Christian tradition Lucifer is now the same as Satan, the Devil, and --- ironically --- the Prince of Darkness.

the rest of the article is here
www.lds-mormon.com...

i think it is a morman site but its talking about latin so there you go

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I'm sorry take apart your semantic search on name LUCIFER.
But in the collective conscience of the Christianity and simple people, the name LUCIFER is synonymous of EVIL.
The Lucifer name in is directed contrast with GOD.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Wow just about everything you said was wrong.
First off the bible wasnt translated from hebrew to latin. There was something called the septuagint and was completed in 132 bce. The latin vulgate wasnt created until 382 ad in the 4th century.

There are many websites as well as threads on here dealing with the history of the linguistics behind the hebrew word for both satan HA SATAN as well as the latin word lucifer. Do some research. The word lucifer was a latin word meaning light bearer or one who bears light. The famous passage in isaiah 14:12 that refered to a babylonia king which was written at the time of the jewish captivity in babylon is often misunderstood to be a fallen angel. Christianity has taken this over the centuries to make it about said fallen angel and has equated this being with a being mentioned in Job called HA SATAN meaning the accuser. Nowhere in judaism is this being considered evil or even a fallen angel. Christianity has askewed this story with the apocryphal books of the life of adam and eve and the second book of enoch in which is mentioned this fallen angel. Here is something for you to find in any christian bible. Where and what direct passage in any christian bible does it describe the fall of an angel named satan or lucifer. Where is this story in the christian bible? NOwhere is the answer. Most christians today hold to this idealogy of a fallen angel with evil powers as some arch enemy of god yet it isnt written anywhere in their bible. Well of course that depends on which area of the world your in because some sects of christianity today do use the books of enoch but it is not mainstream especially in the united states.
The truth behind the linguistics of the words being tossed around by myth loving christians is lost to them. I am ok with letting them believe what they want but again we are here to deny ignorance. So research the meaning of the words not what someone claims them to mean today but what the true origins of the words were and what they meant to the society that used them when they were being used. Alot more goes into something that is thousands of years old to be sure.
As far as this thing being called lucifer it makes sense sense the telescope collects light and the term lucifer literally means light bearer. I see no evil conspiracy here either.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Is there any link between the new Lucifer Vatican Telescope and the astronomical event of the June, 2010 conjunction of Jupiter and Uranus on the fixed star Scheat in the constellation Pegasus and known to the ancients as the “Death Star”?
I wander.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Antor]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I agree with you Antor, Lucifer is a strange, if not plain Poor choice for naming this thing - if the reason is "light bearer", hell, because of it's shape, why not just call it "Little Boy"...... oh yeah, that would be bad timing...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join