It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Scientist, Heated Up Over Satirical Video, Threatens Lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Climate Scientist, Heated Up Over Satirical Video, Threatens Lawsuit
The Penn State climate professor who has silently endured investigations, hostile questioning, legislative probes and attacks by colleagues has finally spoken out. He says he'll sue the makers of a satirical video that's a hit on You Tube.
The Penn State climate professor who has silently endured investigations, hostile questioning, legislative probes and attacks by colleagues has finally spoken out. He says he'll sue the makers of a satirical video that's a hit on You Tube.

Their response: Bring it on.

Michael Mann, one of the central figures in the recent climate-data scandal, is best known for his "hockey stick graph," which was the key visual aid in explaining how the world is warming at an alarming rate and in connecting the rise to the increase in use of carbon fuels in this century. E-mails stolen from a university in England were released online, revealing exchanges between climatologists and a reference to a "trick" that Mann had used to get the graph to portray what global warming scientists wanted to see.

The parody video, titled "Hide the Decline," had more than 500,000 viewers on YouTube and received national attention when Rush Limbaugh played it on his radio show. It features a cat with a guitar, a talking tree, and a dancing figure sporting the image of Professor Mann. It's the use of his image that Mann is complaining about, arguing that the video supports "efforts to sell various products and merchandise."

www.foxnews.com...
The lawsuit refers to the following YouTube video:

This, in my opinion, is the typical response of left-wing groups that are caught with their pants down- sue those that point out their crimes. This is exactly what ACORN did, when they were caught abetting alleged prostitution by telling the undercover reporters how to hide the fact, by saying that their business was "performing artists".

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think he should sue them too.

That way the defense lawyers can subpoena this Climatologist for his RECORDS and all of that jazz.

When he is forced to provide evidence in court, it will be obvious his climate data is bunk.

This will be the funniest part of the whole thing.

He will sue, and it will backfire and blow up in his face.

I can't believe he didn't realize he is initiating this on himself. I guess a degree doesn't mean you are smart after all.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That way the defense lawyers can subpoena this Climatologist for his RECORDS and all of that jazz.

A Flag for you.
That is a great point.

join