It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A cruise missile in a shipping box on sale to rogue bidders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

A cruise missile in a shipping box on sale to rogue bidders

www.telegraph.co .uk

Defence experts are warning of a new danger of ballistic weapons proliferation after a Russian company started marketing a cruise missile that can be launched from a shipping container.
It is feared that the covert Club-K missile attack system could prove "game-changing" in fighting wars with small countries, which would gain a remote capacity to mount multiple missiles on boats, trucks or railways.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
randysright.wordpres s.com

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If the issue of safety and peace had enough problems. Now the sale of highly developed and concealed weapon systems in shipping containers obviously raises some serious concerns about shipping and receiving and port safety across the globe!

The proliferation of such systems changes the world and the treats we face everyday. Cruise missiles cna carry nuclear weapons right?
Cruise Missile

How the future of defense will change!

www.telegraph.co .uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Just thought I would comment on this. Spent 6 years working in Munitions for the U.S. Air Force.

At first I assumed the concept was similar to how our own patriot missiles are constructed and pre-packaged in single-unit containers. In the case of the patriot missile, the launch tube basically doubles as the container. The missile is stored in the container until it is launched, thus preventing damage and foreign material from getting where it shouldn't.

From what I'm reading, this company has designed an entire weapons platform disguised as a full-sized CONEX / Shipping container commonly used in the shipping industry.

Countries have always bought munitions and weapons systems from the private sector, including the U.S., but why a private company would even design such a thing is questionable. What kind of customers are they appealing to?

The shipping industry changed alot of things after 9/11. We now have stations at key port hubs in the U.S. that are basically gamma-ray detectors designed to detect nuclear material within the shipping containers but only a certain percentage of containers coming into the U.S. are ever scanned.

Of coarse, if you have a missile system that is launch-capable right from the container, that changes things..

We've long known that Russia, Iran, & Venezuela have been selling and buying munitions and weapons amongst themselves. In some cases they actually give each other money to help cover the costs and WE are the primary potential target for these kinds of weapons.

Now we're going to rely on Russia for launching astronauts into orbit under the new Obama space program? It makes you wonder how much we pay them for such a service. And all that money makes it back into their economy where it is used in the private sector to develop these kinds of weapons.. It's kind of curious though how this story comes out right after the U.S. test of the new "Falcon" hypersonic missile that was dropped from the X-37B just a couple days ago. This missile is theoretically capable of reaching Mach 20 (13,000 mph). And all this just after Obama's recent nuclear disarmament agreement with Russia.

We might even be seeing the dawn of a new technological weapons race.

-ChriS

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
Just thought I would comment on this. Spent 6 years working in Munitions for the U.S. Air Force.
It's kind of curious though how this story comes out right after the U.S. test of the new "Falcon" hypersonic missile that was dropped from the X-37B just a couple days ago. This missile is theoretically capable of reaching Mach 20 (13,000 mph).

-ChriS

Could you provide a link to the Falcon HCV with the X-37B?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Is this stuff from movies? they make commercials for rockets now? I swear to god it is going to be WW3 absolutly no doubt about it.

CX

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Thats one serious bit of kit, thanks for the post, and the video too.

Loks more like a demo video for the big arms fairs or something.

I'd like to think that the control of these things will be tight, but unfortunately we all know what happens for the right price.

CX.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I couldn't imagine these things getting into the country, scares the begezzus out of me. Sure hope the things go away!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Silly time differentials.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If you have the money I guarantee ANYTHING is available to be purchased. While something like this makes headlines, I cannot help but wonder what levels of destruction are available to people who prefer to keep the media away from their dealings? This seems more like propaganda than anything. The last thing an arms dealer would want is to have his business on the front page of a major newspaper/website.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

If you have the money I guarantee ANYTHING is available to be purchased. While something like this makes headlines, I cannot help but wonder what levels of destruction are available to people who prefer to keep the media away from their dealings?

you beat me to the punch! can you image at the break up of the USSR, what munitions were avaliable to the top bidder?

Bio-chemical weapons,Nukes? Submarines? Sheesh, this is scary!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Proxy groups of Russia are going to have a field day.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Can you imagine the chechnya conflict having these, what would that do to the stability of the area?

Or how about our torpedo happy North Koreans??

I see conflicts about heating up!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Or some unhappy militia members here in the United States?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

Or some unhappy militia members here in the United States?

Now that is exactly why I posted this in the first place. How easy would it be to smuggle a few of these in?

It seems that it wouldn't been as hard as we think, Thousands of cargo containers come into the country daily!

[edit on 27-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I didn't see any mention of one very important feature of the Club-K system, which it clearly shows on the video:

The Club-K relies on a satellite to guide its missiles to their targets. The Russians sell these to governments, not terrorists...and there's no way a terrorist can get hold of a satellite.

The only ones who have anything to fear are those who try to use the weapons platforms depicted in the video (now available in HD) against other countries.

Which country has invaded other countries twice in the decade just past?

I rest my case.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
if i am the russian, i will sell this container cruise missile to any paying customer, well.. the west will scream and cry, at the end, the west will spent trillions of good $$$ to safeguard their ports, this will gives us the russian some critical breathing space to catch up on infrastructure development, investment in technology and science, and ultimately, improving and catching up on military spending and military hardware construction..

the russina is tailing in almost everything, she need something to upset the harmony so that she can catch up..

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The video has been removed by the user ....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by digital_desire

the russina is tailing in almost everything, she need something to upset the harmony so that she can catch up..

Interesting that we are going to be paying someone [russia] that is behind us to ferry us into space!

Russia is not at behind as you think! They still have a vast nuclear arsenal!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by BlasteR
It's kind of curious though how this story comes out right after the U.S. test of the new "Falcon" hypersonic missile that was dropped from the X-37B just a couple days ago. This missile is theoretically capable of reaching Mach 20 (13,000 mph).

-ChriS

Could you provide a link to the Falcon HCV with the X-37B?

Not to get too far off topic, but the entire mission was kept very secret. Not the X-37B mission in particular but what it would be doing in orbit. We knew the X-37B had an experiment bay (similar to the cargo bay of a space shuttle) but noone knew what it was carrying or why.

Then it came public shortly after the mission that the whole thing was designed around the X-37B launching an experimental "Falcon" missile from orbit. I'm not even sure if any images exist of an X-37B with such a missile. I don't even think there are any photos of the missile yet. All I've seen are renderings.

Now it turns out the missile test may have been a big failure.

Fox News: Military's Hypersonic Falcon Missile Test a Dud?

In the real world, Project Aurora is called the "Prompt Global Strike (PGS) program" and it's actually part of the President's solution to maintaining peace in non-nuclear times. President Obama signed a treaty with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev last week that put both countries on the path to full nuclear disarmament.

However, the U.S. part of the agreement states that the country can replace every decommissioned nuclear weapon with a PGS missile. Within a week of the treaty being signed, Obama welcomed in the technology to make it possible.

And overnight, Obama announced he would support deploying a new class of hypersonic missiles that could hit any target on Earth within an hour.

-ChriS

[edit on 2-5-2010 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Active video links...

join