It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's Your Border Control/Patrol Solution *Solution Inside*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Here's Your Border Control/Patrol Solution

We have record unemployment and housing forclosures galore...

In the past gov't has stepped in and created solutions with some, and I stress some, success.

Most of the time, however, solutions come from the people... civilians.

As such, here is a solution for combined problems.

. Conduct a high profile campaign in the most destitute areas of the US.
In the campaign offer a JOB AND HOUSING to those who are willing to relocate to the CA, AZ, NM, TX, Borders.

. Using surplus self contained and properly equipped FEMA Trailers (See Links Below) to be put on borderwatch. These trailers (God knows we have countless trailers sitting idle) properly equipped with off the shelf two way communication, propane tanks, simple night vision equipment, and willing patriotic, unemployed, lightly armed, US citizens, could be placed within site of each other along those states borders. As watchers. Details of rotating crews (families) can be hashed in details.

. Official National Guard command posts would be stationed further from the border and within assistance range of multiple border watching crews. Logistics can be hashed in the details.

. Spacing of the self contained units should be dictated by line of site... Many units can be as far away as 1-2 miles or as close as a few thousand feet. Logistics can be hashed in the details.

. With housing and decent base foods and filtered clean water provided by the rear command posts (FEDS) this would put people to work... Utilize otherwise underutilized/idle resourses and be extremely cost effective, a moral booster AND put people that WANT to do it back to work AND be great for getting a tan without much effort.

. AGAIN I'll STRESS the hashing of details could be grea fun for those willing to participate.

. Cost effective.

. Utilize existing resources.

. EXTREME moral booster.

. Puts people to work earning a modest wage while helping fulfill the patriotic spirit.

Unless we do something on the border... laws like those enacted in AZ will become more common. I hate the law they've enacted recently BUT they are in dire straights and the FEDS are treating the border states' issues like a buzzing gnat.

I'm not going to spend ALL of my time doing footwork for the FEDS... Here's some links and info to start the project.

God knows sharing ~2000 mile border with Mexico would mean (the following are estimates):

2000 trailers spaced at 1 mile (5280') intervals

3000 radios

4000 night vision dodadds

2000-4000 jobs would be created

(figure the cumulative, recurring, ANNUAL (costs) pay rate on your own. Housing and base foods included)

[color=gold]Bake in southern sun until done.

A few years ago John described how one might try to optimize formaldehyde exposure in climate refugees:

* Build out of formaldehyde laced particle boards, resins and glues;
* Purchase great numbers and fill quickly before much formaldehyde can outgas;
* Fill with families with no other options;

* Bake in southern sun until done.

[color=gold]FEMA Trailer Auction 04

a FEMA Release posits that the trailers are suitable for other non-occupancy uses such as for office space, [color=gold]command posts, or storage. We're sure you'll figure out your own use. Just know that prolonged exposure to formaldehyde is very deleterious to your health, and, that a recent federal court decision (by US District Judge Kurt Engelhardt) ruled that government is not immune from lawsuits related to this issue. Nonetheless, various brands of travel trailers/campers are being sold (both individually, and in bulk), including Gulfstream Cavalier, Coachmen Cascade, R-Vision Trail-Sport, Monaco Holiday Rambler, Forest River, Recreation by Design, Fleetwood Spec and Merit, Pilgrim Spec, Crossroads Zinger, Jayco and others.

There is much more to be hashed out on a project like this BUT it's something, I believe, everyone (especially unemployed people) can wrap their mind around... Especially the costs being staggeringly reasonable considering the astronomical cost of the failed video presence; the failed wall building etc...

Comments on what wouldn't work? And why? AND Do you really understand this proposed project?

[edit on 4·27·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

That is a fantastic idea. I have often wondered why we can't put
something like this into effect. I just didn't know how to articulate it like
you did. I believe it would put more people than that to work. Even if
you had good line of sight, these trailers could be spaced as little as
1/4 mile apart, and that would put to work about 16-20 thousand folks.
We wouldn't have to worry about the national guard. The border patrol
would always be close at hand to help out. There are millions of people in the US that would go with this idea. And you know what? Since I am
retired, I would do it for nothing. Just pay for the trailer that the
government already owns anyway, equip it with a few creature comforts
and I will move there in a flash to be in dry hot temperatures, which is
what I am in need of now. I already have a few small calibre weapons,
so the government wouldn't have to issue me any. Most other people
who would go with this idea probably have weapons as well.

It isn't as if I would be sitting there waiting to pick off an "illegal" if they
came into the US, but at least they would have the knowledge that
everyone is armed.

Some folks would say that a lot of these "illegals" have more fire power
than the average Joe. We wouldn't be there to start a shooting war, but
to monitor the border. If they waltz in with bigger guns, then the Border
Patrol and even the National Guard can take it from there. Our job would
be to monitor and report only.

Where do I sign up, and when can I move to Arizona?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
hey, hey, hey,...what are you trying to do...have americans hired at alittle more money for all those jobs??? what? are you actually trying to take away the profits of companies?? american business demands cheaper and cheaper labor, and that's why they have had to send those jobs overseas, and bring in poor people from mexico to take out those uppidity people that make minimum wage here, in the jobs that can't be sent overseas.
why are you trying to provoke class warfare against the rich?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Interesting idea. The age limit would have to be raised/ changed/specified in your plan, as border patrol personnel per se doesn't allow persons over 35 years of age to join, and might try to impose this age limit on watchers. There are lots of unemployed people over 35 that could handle that type of job, or even as
an officially trained border patrol officer which I understand there is a great need for, if they would raise the limit.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I think that the idea isn't to be part of the Border Patrol. These would be
independant citizens stationed there as watch dogs. It wouldn't matter
what age they are as they wouldn't be joining the BP. I am also a four
year military veteran with three tours in Nam, and like I said, I would do
it for no pay. I know how to take care of myself even if I am retired. I am
not a weakling by any means. I think that most people would think of this
as a Militia type thing. It wouldn't have to be that, although there would be
a lot of those types to take up these "jobs". Just put me down on the list.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
reply to post by manta78

I think that the idea isn't to be part of the Border Patrol. These would be
independant citizens stationed there as watch dogs. It wouldn't matter
what age they are as they wouldn't be joining the BP. I am also a four
year military veteran with three tours in Nam, and like I said, I would do
it for no pay. I know how to take care of myself even if I am retired. I am
not a weakling by any means. I think that most people would think of this
as a Militia type thing. It wouldn't have to be that, although there would be
a lot of those types to take up these "jobs". Just put me down on the list.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by endtimer]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I understand the concept of independent citizens, but it would never pass with the politicians, unless some organization such as the Border Patrol, had at least minimal supervision/responsibility. I 100% agree that age is not a barrier to ability in many cases.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Ok, I got you. And yes, it would probably never pass with the corrupt
slimeballs in Washington. I just thought it would be a good idea as the
OP was alluding to. I know it is only a fantasy, because TPTB want us
to live in a fantasy world. Oh well !!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well, these are all GREAT replies ...

America has always been about solutions.

[edit on 4·26·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Shameless bump for the night shift.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I do not favour the idea. Let alone the social issue it may cause lumping all those families down there I think this may very well backfire. Illegals will find it much easier to sneak through civilian populated areas making it harder for border patrol to spot them out. If I misunderstood your plan let me know.

I do agree with the idea of putting troops on the borders. I prefer the idea of establishing military bases to the borders to act not just as free training grounds for the military but also as a way to scare off any would be crossing illegals. The idea was brought by before but Mexico and the International community objected claiming it was an aggressive act or somewhere along that line. Although I dont believe foreigners have the right to say what we can and cannot do within our borders. But then again WE completely contradicted our rights within our borders when we decided to go into Iraq. So its a complicated situation that crosses many cultural and political views. I for one though stick to the idea of moving troops down there.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think they should put Cameras along the border with 50 cal turrents on them.

Then they need to link these cameras and guns to a website that requires registration and charges $10-20 a month per user account much like World of Warcraft. This money would be used to maintain the severs and resupply ammo.

You get a teamspeak/ventrilo system and make a ladder showing who has the most points. You could give out prizes, or alternatively pay bounties like Google Ad sense or something, per click/kill.

It would basically be like the 21st century version of space invaders.

It could just be simply called "Border Control"

Once you had this system established the players would take care of the rest.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
What's my border control solution?

Learn Spanish.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
All of these people are criminals. Not only are they undocumented, their stealing from the pockets of all americas with their drain on our emergency services. Not to mention they lead criminal lives. Statistics show an overwhelming number of illegal aliens filling our prisons from violent crimes.
Too many of our children have become victims of their carnage. Its time we take up arms and begin making citizens arrests of all those who are not real americans! This is the land of freedom, but that doesnt mean their free to bring a crime wave to our country.

At the rate they cross the border this constitutes no less then an invasion. Its time we mount gun turrets and treat it like the war it is. If any other country was invaded they would defend themselves. Its time we send a message to these criminals that America is closed to illegal activities.

new topics

top topics

join