It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for anyone who has read brave new world this might surprise you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i was thinking about a book i read in hischool called brave new world
in short it was a book about a futureistic communistic society, where religion of any kind is outlawed and so is philosophy

but there are good sides to htis society
you can do all the drugs you want(soma is the drug of choice here its a super mood pill or something it makes you feel good)
you can have as much sex as you want( however people are expected to have multiple partners and if you odnt you are considered a wierdo)

but more downsides all products are incredibly expensive for economical reasons children are trained to be bored with simple toys

all children are not born but made in labs and testtubes and what not
brainwashing begins from an early age
there are many different groups of peopl alphas(smartest that grow up to be government people) betas(second smartest that grow up to be scientists or something i dont recall) i think there was an in between group that grows up to be your basic working man, and epsilons(the dumbest bred to be retarded and grow up to do basic menial tasks)
each group was bred to enjoy their job and to hate the other groups for what reason i do not recall but it was bad

alpha beta epsilon, and hate towards one another?
doesent this resemble, preps, gangstas, goth/emos, and nerds?
without the diference in IQ it still resembles the book slightly
are these groups created by the government man for some vile purpose?
if not then as i think it is just a naturaul occurence but anything is possible

this book was written in the 40's but the author described helicopters, wierd huh?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
lol, I just posted this seconds ago in another thread.

For my English degree I have read 1984, Animal farm, Brave new world, The Midwich Cuckoos and The old man and the sea.

I even tried to get Chariots of the Gods on my list but since the author is Swiss I couldn't.

I guess my English book choices gave me more education than the rest of my classes combined and that's why I ended up here.

And to answer your question, Jules Verne and H.G Wells two of my other favorite writers predicted even greater things.

Wells even has a book called The New World Order.

Go figure.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
lol, I just posted this seconds ago in another thread.

For my English degree I have read 1984, Animal farm, Brave new world, The Midwich Cuckoos and The old man and the sea.

I even tried to get Chariots of the Gods on my list but since the author is Swiss I couldn't.

I guess my English book choices gave me more education than the rest of my classes combined and that's why I ended up here.

And to answer your question, Jules Verne and H.G Wells two of my other favorite writers predicted even greater things.

Wells even has a book called The New World Order.

Go figure.

wells did? does it resemble the things that are happening now? because he also wrote 1984 which he thought there would be flying cars and other hi tech crazzy stuff, nope all we had was crappy laser effects in some crappy movies though we did have a few good movies i wasnt around in the 80s but i enjoyed, the thing, and robo cop and a few others

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You are mixing up George Orwell who wrote nineteen eighty four (published in 1949) with H.G Well, writer of marvelous books like The Time Machine, The Invisible man and War of the worlds.

But he also published non fiction like The New World Order in 1940, which is about the new world order still happening today and many other books about the same topic.

H.G Wells on Wiki

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Like i always said that the only way to get rid of religion is through sex. Sex and religion are linked and loads of religions are based on sex.

If you get everyone on earth obsessed with sex, they will lose interest for the most part in spiritual matters. Open up there libido, and you can see that huxley knew this too, but of course this has probably been talked baout alot behind the scenes.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

oh right sorry i always get those two mixed up thanks for pointing that out

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Like i always said that the only way to get rid of religion is through sex. Sex and religion are linked and loads of religions are based on sex.

If you get everyone on earth obsessed with sex, they will lose interest for the most part in spiritual matters. Open up there libido, and you can see that huxley knew this too, but of course this has probably been talked baout alot behind the scenes.

you know i think i remember your posts about that
what thread was that?
i think your right though

new topics

top topics

join