It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Simpsons Stand Behind South Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The Simpsons and South Park have made fun of each other in the past, but tonight’s Simpsons opened with a quick but touching show of inter-cartoon support, courtesy of Bart’s chalkboard.

In response to the controversy over the most recent South Park episode, #201 — in which Comedy Central heavily censored the content of the episode that screened on-air and refused to broadcast it online due to death threats South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone received over their depiction of Muhammed in a bear suit — Bart’s chalkboard read “South Park – We’d Stand Beside You If We Weren’t So Scared.”

www.geekosystem.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d2b81a0adc7.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm glad to see they are supporting each other in this. The chalkboard reflects how too many people feel though I'm afraid.
"We'd like to speak our minds, but Oh no! what will happen then?"

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The South Park guys have always been big fans of The Simpsons. The episode called "The Simpsons Did It" was filled with riffs on things that happened in Simpsons episodes. The reason for the episode was because half the good ideas the South Park writers come up with in staff meetings gets killed because someone informs them, "we can't do that, the Simpsons already did it."

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I figured out how we can get our South Park episode back.

All we have to do is threaten and terrorize the ComedyCentral board of directors, and they will put that show back up asap.

However, none of us NORMAL and SENSIBLE people would ever make a terrorist threat over something so retarded.

Therefore, we are screwed.

I am glad the Simpsons are making a statement about it though. GJ.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Yeah.
Additionally, during the whole first South vs Mohammad thing..the 2 part episode called Cartoon Wars, it was Cartman, initially siding with Bart Simpson, then Kyle sided with Bart against Cartman. Good stuff....

top topics

join