It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The two beasts Book of Revelation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has ever thought about this. But "the First Beast arises out of the sea, having seven heads and 10 horns." This is a form of government. The 7 heads refer to the 7 contents of the world today. And the 10 horns must refer to the governments in power under the beast. "The Second (Lamb-like) Beast arises out of the earth, having the appearance of a lamb while speaking like a dragon. This Beast exercises authority on behalf of the first beast, causing the Earth-dwellers to make an image of the First Beast, and worship him. It is able to give life to this image so that it could speak and kill anyone who doesn't worship the First Beast." This has to me some type of media image or like of. Nothing is better at promoting a cult following then the world media. I'm not religious of any form or believe the world would end like this. I just thought this was the best way the Anti Christ would have to work in order to have people worship him.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

The analogy that always occurs to me is Adolf Hitler.

For "The first Beast", you can read Nazi doctrine, the Nazi state, the worship of the German "Volk".
Adolf Hitler was the spokesman for all this. He "made the image speak". I think this is the same point that you're making, an example of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Yes, but Adolf Hitler is dead. And Jesus never returned to destroy him. I'm more of referring to how the first beat has seven heads and ten crowns. The seven heads refer the seven continents of the planet and ten crowns must refer to the governments in power under the beast.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No, I was only using Adolf as an example of the way the "Beast" might work. I thought I was agreeing with your point about "using the media image" and illustrating it.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Oh, Yeah sorry. I have a lot things on my plate. Adolf Hitler did have a massive cult following, as well many other governments in history. From what I'm saying about the second beast has to be the media or something without out physical control at first. After all the Anti-Christ is supposed to be loved by many people. Not secretly hated.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
When the Antichrist is in power, the ten horns refer to the
ten leaders of the world under him. The seven heads refer to the seven
that stick with him. The other three will defy him, and fight against him.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

Well, that's possible. But id doubt that. Maybe the "three" will get tired of following the Anti-Christ.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The first beast would be a obvious evil entity while the second one would be the false messiah, that's what I got out of it, but I don't believe in it because i'm not religious.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Same here. But it is great to discuss these issue with people who believe in the Anti-Christ. I doubt Jesus was the messiah and I don't believe in the messiah concept. But Jesus was a prophet.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
1ST BEAST GREAT RED DRAGON (SATAN) MATERIALIZED

12:3 Another sign was seen in heaven. Behold, a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven crowns.

12:4 His tail drew one third of the stars of the sky, and threw them to the earth. The dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

12:5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron. Her child was caught up to God, and to his throne.

12:6 The woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that there they may nourish her one thousand two hundred sixty days.

12:7 There was war in the sky. Michael and his angels made war on the dragon. The dragon and his angels made war.

12:8 They didn't prevail, neither was a place found for him any more in heaven.

12:9 The great dragon was thrown down, the old serpent, he who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world. He was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

12:10 I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now is come the salvation, the power, and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ; for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them before our God day and night.

12:11 They overcame him because of the Lamb's blood, and because of the word of their testimony. They didn't love their life, even to death.

12:12 Therefore rejoice, heavens, and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and to the sea, because the devil has gone down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has but a short time."

12:13 When the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.

12:14 Two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, so that she might be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

12:15 The serpent spewed water out of his mouth after the woman like a river, that he might cause her to be carried away by the stream.

12:16 The earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river which the dragon spewed out of his mouth.

12:17 The dragon grew angry with the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, who keep God's commandments and hold Jesus' testimony.

2ND BEAST (THE LEVIATHAN)

13:1 Then I stood on the sand of the sea. I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads. On his horns were ten crowns, and on his heads, blasphemous names.

13:2 The beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority.

13:3 One of his heads looked like it had been wounded fatally. His fatal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled at the beast.

13:4 They worshiped the dragon, because he gave his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"

13:5 A mouth speaking great things and blasphemy was given to him. Authority to make war for forty-two months was given to him.

13:6 He opened his mouth for blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his dwelling, those who dwell in heaven.

13:7 It was given to him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them. Authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation was given to him.

13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been killed.

13:9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.

13:10 If anyone has captivity, he will go. If anyone is with the sword, he must be killed. Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints.

3RD BEAST (ANTI CHRIST)

13:11 I saw another beast coming up out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke like a dragon.

13:12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. He makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed.

13:13 He performs great signs, even making fire come down out of the sky to the earth in the sight of people.

13:14 He deceives my own people who dwell on the earth because of the signs he was granted to do in front of the beast; saying to those who dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast who had the sword wound and lived.

13:15 It was given to him to give breath to it, to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause as many as wouldn't worship the image of the beast to be killed.

13:16 He causes all, the small and the great, the rich and the poor, and the free and the slave, to be given marks on their right hands, or on their foreheads;

13:17 and that no one would be able to buy or to sell, unless he has that mark, the name of the beast or the number of his name.

13:18 Here is wisdom. He who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. His number is six hundred sixty-six.

Just clarifying the order of beast

[edit on 4/26/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I've always thought that the 'image' of the first beast will either be clones or robots. These will be deployed all over the earth to be worshipped and have the power to kill those who refuse.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Good luck trying to interpret all that mumbo jumbo in Revelation. Your interpretation is one of 100,000 different ones. Actually, many parts of the Bible can be understood differently. That's why there's so many different denominations.

Too bad this god always spoke in parables to make things confusing. Even his own followers can't get most of it straight between themselves. Wth?

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

This is just a theory.

The Beast from the Sea is an empire, but possibly could be a network.

In this sense the first Beast becomes a transhumanist network, a collective noosphere and gestalt overmind of the sea of minds linked by it.
This explains the need for neural implants and forearm implants, plus the economic system.

The second Beast is a transhumanist prophet or dictator. Calling fire down from the heavens could be orbital weaponry.

The image of the Beast could be an avatar of the overmind, the avatar could be a machine or bioroid/replicant (bioroids, are robots made from living tissue). In a sense, the avatar and the overmind become post human gods.

The idea of humanity united into one godlike overmind seems reminiscent of Babel.

Again this is all just radical speculation.

top topics

join