It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona vandals smear swastika made of refried beans into Capitol doors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Arizona vandals smear swastika made of refried beans into Capitol doors

rawstory.com

Mexican president calls Arizona law on immigrants 'racial discrimination'

Vandals smeared a swastika made of refried beans into the glass doors of Arizona's State Capitol building, police in Phoenix told local media Monday.

"While it first looked like mud on the doors, it turned out be refried beans," reported the AZFamily.com Web site, which also asserted that the vandalism was "sparked by the newly signed anti-illegal-immigration law." The site reports:

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Calderon is calling this a violation of human rights. Does that mean Mexico officially is accusing the United States of crimes against humanity? Why use the beans? That part smells a little fishy. I do not disagree with this law. Yes, there are police, who I am not a fan of, asking for papers just like the nazis did, but there is sound reasoning behind it; it's not a eugenics thing. We have people who everyday enter our country illegaly and they are causing problems for the citizens. This law protects citizens.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-4-2010 by devildogUSMC]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

You know this should be a good lesson to all American citizens and tax payer in the nation.

Look how illegals that are unhappy with a bill that is actually and enforcement of an actual law react with vandalism, very soon the protest will start.

And here we are tax payers, voters and citizens in this nation allowing worst crap to take over our rights as citizens and we just seat and do nothing about it.

That is why we are losing our nation, our liberties and our rights, we don't even fight for our children's future.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's rather sad.......we as Americans sit there and bitch and moan about oru government not doing anything about the problems facing our country........when they actually do stand up and do something they are criticized and lambasted for it. They can't win. So in their eyes what's the point? Although this immigration bill might be racial profiling.......drastic times call for drastic measures.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The people who did this represent a very small minority of extremist and racistss and I'm sorry to hear of this ugly incident. Knowing the" way of the bean" did not used to be about coffee snobs and I'm sorry for that too - cultural illiteracy at its worst...calling Mexican "beaners" or using this type of ugly and politically confused symbolism or feces smearing like gestures means they know nothing and respect nothing about Mexican American culture. People who do these things are in an infantile mode of anger.

I'm sorry this happened.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Actually it was the state and its government the one that took the initiative, look how Obama has reacted to the bill, and we still have to see what the Federal government will do.

And as for Calderon he can take his refried beans and the illegals he allowed to come into the US while pocketing all that money in oil revenues in Mexico and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

While Mexico is a nation of great richness in natural resources the government doesn't take care of the citizens, the wealth is held by a few.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Only white people could have come up with using refried beans as a statement. Pretty racial if you ask me. Mexican people know better than to waste perfectly good beans.
But seriously, Mexicans don't use the term "beaner" as a term of endearment and they would never reffer to themselves as such. Unlike blacks who like to call themselves, friends and family the "n" word.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Whats the point in having borders if we cant protect them? Whats the point in being a citizen if it means nothing?

If we enforce border security are we really going to have to entertain the race card defense even though its design is meant to keep the borders open?

Its pathetic how much race is used now days.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I'm confused about the people opposed to this sort of law.

Realize...this isn't coming about out of nowhere...

It is coming about for a reason:

There have been an OBSCENE number of people who have come to this country illegally. Plain. and. simple.

Yes, I am aware that a majority of those who come illegally are just looking for a better life. I am not opposed to that, but do it through the system like everyone else has to.

I'm not opposed to new citizens, I'm opposed to those who do it by breaking the law.

Is this law a sticky subject? Yes! Of course it is, and it should be. I'd be scared if we all just accepted this, but the point is you break the law there are consequences.

Could there be a civil rights problem? hell yea, if the law is abused.

For the record, I have a problem with the ability for officers to look at a person and go "You're looking a little illegal today, lets see your papers" But have enough faith in humanity that that will be the exception, not the norm.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well marg, that's because anytime we try we are given some kind of label from the government and in the media. From racist to extremist, so much so that many American citizens are afraid to speak up or take to the streets. Hell, members of my family swear I'm nuts because of the things I tell them and show them. My mother would refuse to listen to me if I even mentioned Ron Paul's name. She's beginning to see things my way now though.

As for the article of the thread...Who the hell cares what the Mexican president has to say? Mexico should be the concern of Mexico, not what laws we in America pass.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I did not realize there was already a thread on this topic.
Here's the link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

I agree, but in numbers is the force that can drive a government and a nation.

Just remember the last time that illegals and supporters took the streets in California and shot down many cities.

Did anybody got label anything for demonstrating how they feel in that protest?, no, because the majority were not citizens, not easily traceable.

It seems that we the legal citizens in America are the oppressed, anybody else have more rights than we do.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Its ok is two different forums.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

It's actually starting to turn into a joke. Suddenly every freakin' thing is about race. It's transparently stupid. Race only enters into my head when the media trots out their communist whores.

The Race Scam.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ok, am I the only one who laughed at that headline?

I know it's hatred and racism, but something about how stupid the people are who did it makes me laugh.

What kind of moron gets that idea in his head?!?

"Hey Vern, I've got a brilliant idea! Let's go down to the State Capitol and spread re-fried beans on their front door in the shape of a Swastika!"

"Gee Bubba, your creativity and ingenuity frighten me sometimes. LET'S DO IT!!"

Total idiots.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Total idiots.

Well looking at what is going on in America it seems that . . . that is exactly what we all are becoming. . . and I include me on that one, after all I am a Latino women that is very much opposed to illegal immigration.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

It's not just the media doing it Mike. Look at many of the threads lately on ATS and how many posters scream racism and offer nothing else to the thread. Seems it's the norm lately for anyone that can't give an intelligent response.

There's even one post on this thread already saying it was white racist that smeared the swastika because it was done in refried beans. It couldn't have possibly been a Mexican because beans were used and only white people do racist things.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What I don`t understand is, how the Mexican government has the guts to call us names. They are the last ones who need to talk. How have they helped their people? When the majority of the people in that country live like paupers. And now their government calls us names?

It`s because of their greed that we have become over run with their countrymen. And it`s now our fault that we are tired of being over run with them?

And now, I ask the main question in all of this. Where is it being racist, when all we want, is for them to go through the correct process to enter this country, and not over run our borders illegally? And please answer this question. They have to cross illegally, why?

Maybe they should do as we are trying to do. Take back their own government, and do away with the corruption.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What a waste of good refried beans.
They should have thrown in some corn tortillas in there too.

If the feds ain't doin' squat, leave it to the state to roll up ther sleeves.

This will be a good litmus test and we should all just watch, wait and notice to see what happens.

If it fails in Arizona then at least we'll know it will fail elsewhere.
... but if Arizona starts seeing improvements as a result of their illegal immigration addressing efforts, let's duplicate it in New Mexico, California and Texas.

Either way, kudos to Arizona.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The point is illegal immigration hurts legal citizens in a multitude of ways and this law is protecting citizens. Very few laws these days seem to be enacted solely on the basis of protecting citizens. Anyone who calls someone racist for supporting a law that actually might protect us from something is completly ignorant.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join