It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New U.S. Hyperfast missile to hit anywhere in an hour!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
What is the big deal if it already exists missiles capable of mach 10-15?

Because those require conventional means of launching, like silos or mobile options (vehicle/air/space/sea).

that's it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Am I wrong, or did I see somewhere that the US Air force version was a Mach 20+ glider? The reason I ask is because the circumference of the Earth is roughly 25,000 miles. In order to hit anywhere on earth within an hour, the speed would need to be a lot greater than Mach 5.

For instance, lets say we go to war with China (heaven forbid), in order for us to strike Beijing within an hour, the average speed of both the ICBM that launches the "warhead" and the actual "warhead" itself, if launched from the coast of California, would need to be greater than Mach 8.

Seems to me like Mach 5 would just be a waste of time...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wow! Yes folks in the good ole U.S.A. we can't manufacture underpants but we sure can build things to kill our fellow man. People are out of work. The middle class is disappearing. But we have plenty of money to make weapons of mass destruction.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
here is a update!

Pentagon Tests Hypersonic Flying Bomb

Hypersonic bomb

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Put it this way.....there's no 'Dr. Strangelove' scenario involved here.

Once the decision is made, there's no time to change your mind.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
And we thought it was something that Dale Jr. hit 210 mph in a test run at Daytona last week.

But, apparently they lose a few of these little babies in space........but we all pretty much know where Dale Jr. is at all times on the track.

For the second time in a row, the Pentagon has lost contact with an experimental hypersonic vehicle over the Pacific, just minutes after it was launched from space.

www.wired.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
Wow! Yes folks in the good ole U.S.A. we can't manufacture underpants but we sure can build things to kill our fellow man. People are out of work. The middle class is disappearing. But we have plenty of money to make weapons of mass destruction.

I always say: Let the Chinese make and Walmart sell the washing machines and flat screen televisions.

Long as we got our stuff together here in America.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So when do they start selling the detuned version to police departments all over the US? That's the problem with so much military development, is that they will eventually use it on us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join