It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Financial Reform Package

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have been following the public statements of Webster Tarpley ever since I read his book 9/11 Synthetic Terror - Made in USA. I think he is a good source of information.

He has appeared on Russia Today to talk about Obama's financial reform package. Webster talks about "derivatives," which is, from my understanding, the primary cause for the banker bailout we tax payers had shoved down our throats. He also talks about his idea for a tax on Wall Street financial transactions. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Here is a YouTube video clip of the interview:

Here's a link to an article Webster has written entitled "Fight the Derivatives Cancer with a Wall Street Sales Tax, Plus Bans on Hedge Funds, Credit Default Swaps, and Synthetic CDOs": tarpley.net... os/

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I am glad that somebody is following the financial Reform, I got so stress following the HCR and bailouts that I am taking a rest from the crap concocted in congress.

Remember just because they want to "regulate" wall street it doesn't mean that is going to happen.

After all a lot of financial campaign money comes out the pocket of the fat rats running the markets.

Look what good the HCR did to regulating private insurance . . . they won we lost.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The FRP has specific language in it that makes any further bailouts illegal.
Are you misinformed or are you trying to mislead people?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I just wanted to mention that the HCR is un Consitutional and in no way shape or form is going to reduce costs or improves health care. It is a boondoggle for the insurance companies.

Now, that being said, I wonder what the Financial Reform will be?

Yeah, that is my guess too.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
Here's a link to an article Webster has written entitled "Fight the Derivatives Cancer with a Wall Street Sales Tax, Plus Bans on Hedge Funds, Credit Default Swaps, and Synthetic CDOs": tarpley.net... os/

Here are the headings within this article:

Derivatives are the Cause of the World Depression of Our Time

Asset-Backed Securities

OTC Derivatives

CDOs, CDS, and SIVs

All Derivatives Illegal under the New Deal, 1936-1982

Force Derivatives Out in the Open

Outlaw Credit Default Swaps

Ban Synthetic CDOs

Wall Street Sales Tax of 1% on All Financial Transactions

Additional Safeguards: Bankruptcy Triage, Reserve Requirement, Hedge Fund Ban

Seize and Liquidate the Zombie Banks