It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Apollo was fake, then why you using the computer today?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Computer doesn't appear for the space conquest but for cryptology during WW2 and the first one was : british...

Computers appear after ENIGMA - Nazi encoding machine for submarines. Then after codes were more and more powerful, so they came with computer ! Easy way to break codes, especially during the cold war !

Check on Wikipedia and watch some old spy movies ;-)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Terviseks

Yes, yes....but the OP is making a different point.

He is referring to electronic computing machines.

Or, specifically, those that utilize electronics, and binary "ON"/"OFF" switching.

Mechanical devices have existed, even before the 20th century (according to some ancient artifacts discovered in sunken vessels -- ancient sunken vessels).

Even mechanical clockworks could be considered a crude form of "computer", yes?

[edit on 26 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
All that is needed is the math... Computers make it faster and easier, but we needed the math not computers, to make the moon...

There are far easier and more direct ways to prove the Apollo moon landings were not faked....

I'm still on the ropes about wether the missions to the moon were faked or not. But one thing that maybe someone can shed some light on, is the Van Allen Radiation Belt (or belts) that surround the Earth.

A few factors here:

1. The craft was going at a tremendous speed, limiting exposure.
2. They went through the most optimal part of the belts.
3. They were exposed to about 2 Rads

Here's some more info about it:

spacemath.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I was pointing out that the evolution of the computer is definite support to the validity of Apollo being legit.

I wasn't saying that the Computer was the only reason, I was saying that the decendants of the Apollo computer obviously show that the technology was real!

Plus it worked!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Let's not forget, however, the incredible skills of ALL involved.

Remember that so much of it was built prior to the invention of CAD.

And, of course, the Astronauts had to know how to navigate using the specific fixed stars (for reference) and a sextant.

Additionally, was it Apollo 13 (?) -- yes, I think it was, when they conducted a mid-course correction burn, without assistance from the onboard computer. The aim, and timing of the burn were, of course, determined by Mission Control. BUT they had to fly the thing, manually, and time the engine thrust, starting and stopping manually.

Being pilots (test pilots, BTW) helped a great deal.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I got the point : I won't try to go to the moon with a mechanical computer...
You're right, a computer isn't obligatory an electronic device (mechanic, electronic, biologic, quantic....).

I would add that with our today mobile phone, we have much more power than the NASA had for the moon conquest... Apollo crews were courageous to rely on human-brain calculator ! Even if some computer already exists at that time (with electronics ) !

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I support those men incredibly, with most regard to what they have done. There was treamendous efforts in all aspects of the Apollo missions that go unnoticed, unseen. Everyone involved paid great dedication to Landing on the moon.

What I see lately though is people who take for granted all the work and invention that has gone into there lives today, and say that because they see something wrong with pictures that these men, Those Test pilots are liars and fake. As you being a pilot know those men were very brave and capable, anything but what they have been labled.

This makes me sad, because due to some that don't research things call great achievements of humanity, hoax, and farse.

I hope that my thread that others can see goodthings in humanity and the inventions we make.

Not just destruction and war as we see alot in our history.

I do try to see the good things humans do!

And Apollo sure brought good to me....

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Time to dust this off, I suppose...:

www.nasa.gov...

And, for those who compare a modern device, like a mobile phone, or such...we're talking, there, more memory, and miniaturization (thanks, in part, to Apollo).

And, they really didn't have much need for address books, and speed-dialing on the Apollo flights.
(And, of course, no need to access FaceBook, nor Twitter, on the Web...)...

[edit on 26 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You know I was comletely surprised that the defibrillator was a Apollo ear invention.

The Pulse Generator, it makes sense being that they developed timing equipment this way, just juiced up a bit I'd say!

Everyday I learn something new that comes from Apollo!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Deny Ignorance

Well,I think I will put my two cents in to this discussion.

The simple little clock that can be purchased at any 99 cent store has more computing power than the electronics on any Apollo capsule.

The space shuttles are 70's technology with "286" computers built in.

The space cadets on board during flights use modern laptops to do any real computing.

The majority of technological advancements have been achieved with government funding from DOD not NASA.

Have you not heard of DARPA

DARPA’s history of fundamental breakthroughs has altered defense and the world as we know it. Our nation’s global technological leadership is a result of the enormous contribution Defense innovation has made. DARPA was created in 1958 as the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA).

The political and defense communities recognized the need for a high-level defense organization to formulate and execute R&D projects that would expand the frontiers of technology beyond the immediate and specific requirements of the Military Services and their laboratories.

Nothing in that quote mentions a civilian agency which is what NASA is.

DOD shares technology with NASA,but only because they have to.

If it was up to NASA the moon mission capsules would not have even had windows so the passengers could see out.

"Tang" was not invented for NASA it was developed for the Navy for submariners to give them vitamin C which they were not getting enough of while underwater for extended periods of time.

They rejected it in favor of special lighting on the subs and showed the product to NASA.

Of course the company that owned the rights to it had to recoup their investment so they marketed it to parents and kids as "the drink the astronauts drink"!

Technology developed by NASA?

Don't make me laugh.

They can not even reinvent the same craft their grandfathers built, WITHOUT COMPUTERS, today to take man back to the moon.

The military without incompetent management to impede it's progress has recently successfully launched a unmanned reusable remote controlled space plane.

Or did you not see the press release?

Space plane launched by Air Force.

The real reason you are able to access the internet and this forum?

DARPA invented todays modern intenet.

Give credit where credit is due.

Deny Ignorance

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Oneolddude]

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Deny Ingorance you say....

Did you know the the Space Shuttle General Purpose Computer is a direct decendant of the Apollo Guidance computer.

I says that here Space Shuttles First Flight

How about this link here: Fly by Wire

The shuttle would have never flown if it wasnt for the F8 Flight computer.

Which is the Apollo Guidance computer!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There are still people that consider being past the radiation belts
just as dangerous.

This might be the un contested data from Tesla as his notes and
detection equipment that are un available.
Lets say all the launching of satellites and and ground based sophisticated
antenna systems just lack the know how of the inventor of radio and
radio detection with gas tubes and ether streamers the most sensitive.
Did Tesla observe waves from people standing close to his bulbs.
Would that mean brain waves were detected.
Communication with Mars or did Tesla detect planet emissions and
was silent about them cause that would divulge wireless power and
aircraft theory. Did Tesla detect microwaves from the Earth with
his many tubes.

Some of the routine Tesla information:
rationalwiki.com...

As for stories of ships of Tesla that might cruise to the Moon or Mars
the books or writing of Bill Lyne there is the 11" hull zeppelin built
under Hitler as he demolished count Zeppelins ships and planned
the new one. Apparently still flying and sighted in Colorado.

The Space Mission gave funding to many companies and I only
recall seeing a wooden mock up of the lander to evaluate space
for equipment placement. Whenever one of these event occurred
I image the whole company was given a tour.

Early on in rocketry there was radiation hardening for transistors
and the reason was for nuclear detonation survival but was it for
space travel to the Moon and Mars and interplanetary space.

Assuming the computing and controls over gravity with speed and
hot gasses sufficient without control of ether forces being involved
the landings seem uncontested except for the radiation protection
in the suits and ships. Alpha particles can be shielded by paper.
Tesla said the Earths atmosphere gave 30" of lead protection.
People must still believe in Tesla. Is Tesla telling the truth.
So whats out there.

Is Science in Tesla shutdown mode or shout down mode.
That is apparently the complaint or the conspiracy theory core.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conqueror of Seth
Also, during the Apollo missions we placed mirrors on the moon so that we could measure the distance between the moon and Earth with lasers for precise accuracy. Somehow though, according to nutjob conspiracy theorists, every scientific team around the globe that has used the mirrors is apparently just making it all up and playing along with the conspiracy.

Some people.

Most seem to think mirrors is definitive proof, but don't know that the russians sent a mirror on its moon probe before nasa.Either way mirror is a pretty poor excuse when a nasa robot could send a mirror far easier just like the russian probe.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Mirrors or not, the missions were a great achievement for all of us.

Of course robots can go for us, but why be human is you cannot experience first hand what the universe has to offer?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
I find it very entertaining that individuals believe that Apollo Missions to the Moon were FAKE!

Why because they are using Apollo era technology to connect to the internet. Modern cpus are direct decendants from the Apollo Guidance computer. My thread about the Apollo guidance computer is here.

There are too many reasons for the Moon Landings, like the entire planet has been changed because of these events, to say that the entire Apollo project was a hoax.

The main thing I see about Apollo and claims the landings were invalid, seems to be due to misunderstanding of the data at hand, thereby being interpruted by the individuals as best the can, yet still coming to the decision that the apollo missions were a lie.

Apollo was not a hoax!

Your computer is the reason why!

If you think you have evidence that proves Apollo was fake bring it to the table to discuss thanks!

[edit on 26-4-2010 by theability]

He's right. They made computers to do even better graphics...really believable these days but still cgi none the less.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wait.
Which computers are we talking about.
I think the OP is saying the Celestial Navigation Computers gave
us such an advancement that we have powerful computers for
everyone today.

Back in the day we had big mainframes from IBM and RCA.
RCA made IBM clones.
So to package the electronics for rockets was the great feat.
So this is true.
Well tubes were in use in WWII.

However what about CGI.
Video equipment might have been developed more than computers
to make the Moon Missions look real.

Yeah look at Avatar today, like real.

Video computers or Navigation computers might have given us
the Moon Missions.
Another quandary.

Well the real break through were ordinary Joes that could built the so
called hobby computer until IBM said build one and went to Intel
and Microsoft. Later Compaq cloned the IBM and improved it with
hardware upgrades with Microsoft supplying software.

So the computing power of today might not be from the government
projects but commercial endeavors but for sure some basic parts had
the government source.

ED: The government did not like the internet having encryption for
safe transactions. That was a banking use only in commercial circles.
Some how the courts rules against the restriction.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I hug my computer everyday!

Ok well not really, but the point is the same, it would be hard not to survive without the computer age!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
I hug my computer everyday!

Ok well not really, but the point is the same, it would be hard not to survive without the computer age!

I seem to be using the internet everyday.
And the ether and Tesla and so on are not going away.

From 1943 the development of ether products may have been
on going. UFO ships might not use computers only navigational
markings posted on the globe.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

While I agree that Apollo was not faked I don't think the computers are the main reason.

The internet was already being visualized before the moon landing, so computers were already becoming advanced before Kennedy even announced our moon mission. It is logical to assume that even without Apollo we would have gotten computers like we have today.

A fundamental pioneer in the call for a global network, J.C.R. Licklider, articulated the ideas in his January 1960 paper, Man-Computer Symbiosis.

"A network of such [computers], connected to one another by wide-band communication lines [which provided] the functions of present-day libraries together with anticipated advances in information storage and retrieval and [other] symbiotic functions."
—J.C.R. Licklider,

History of the Internet

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Actually if you look deeper and read more the WIKI the internet is from apollo and the demand of the DOD, NASA and deep space tracking it was called

ARPANET

If you read this system was made in DIRECT connection with the USSR and SPUTNIK!

A climate of pure research surrounded the entire history of the ARPANET. The Advanced Research Projects Agency was formed with an emphasis towards research, and thus was not oriented only to a military product. The formation of this agency was part of the U.S. reaction to the then Soviet Union's launch of Sputnik in 1957.

Here in Wiki is the History of the Internet

What you quoted say this in the contents:

Contents [hide]
1 Three terminals and an ARPA
2 Packet switching
3 Networks that led to the Internet
3.1 ARPANET

Networks that lead to the internet, ARPANET is first!

The space race made the internet!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join