It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love, Dreams, and Soulmates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Have you ever had a dream, where you meet someone, that you feel like you've known forever? In my experience, these dreams usually involve a lot of "cuddling", and sometimes most of the dream is spent locked in passionate kiss.

If you are familiar with these dreams, then you'll agree that the feeling doesn't compare to any other, is this true love? Whatever it is, this feeling is cut short when you tragically wake up. That is why these dreams are "bitter - sweet". It usually affects you for a day, or longer.

Is this dream character your Soulmate? Or is it just a representation of your "Ideal mate". To those who believe they are with their Soulmates in real life, what is it like? When you're with them, is everything less important?

Thanks.

(Minor edits, perfectionist).

[edit on 26-4-2010 by heyJude]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Just your brain hiccuping. No such thing as soulmates. Have you had any sort of stable relationships, or are they the rocky kind? If they are rocky, Your brain is doing the equal of 'comfort food'- making up dream images to comfort itself (especially after a nasty breakup).

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I never believed in soulmates until recently. I am 51 years old and was married once for 23 years and have had numerous girlfriends. Love always seemed like a more practical thing for me. About age 48 I met a young woman who just blew my expectations out of the water. She was only 21 so I didn't really take a relationship with her seriously. However I couldn't leave her alone and eventually we started seeing each other.

I can't really explain it except to say that I dated her for 10 months before we ever slept together. It wasn't sex that drew me to her but something else. I still really don't understand it but I know that I feel bound to her somehow. I talked to some old women about it and everyone seems to be in agreement that she and I are soulmates.

So I can't swear that "soulmates" explains it but I know that in 51 years I have never met anyone that fits me so well as her.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I too have wondered about these dreams. I am not sure about the soul mate thing, but I would not say no definitively. What get's me is, who are these persons in the dreams? I have had dreams where I am married and have a child and I can see there face as plain as day, and yes, there is much love involved. Where did the faces come from? Sometimes I wonder about the parallel universe thing. I understand the notion of dreams being involuntary imagery firing as we sleep, although I personally think there is more to it. But again, where do these specific people come from? Does our imagination create images from experience or desire or what? These are some of the most powerful dreams I've had and when I awake, I think,"man, that was so real!"

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I've had the same dreams since childhood...not often, but they can sometimes leave an impression. Who knows what they are or what they mean? The mind is a mighty odd beast sometimes. I tend to treat these dreams as adventures in a 'virtual' theme park...aspects of wish-fulfilment to be enjoyed and then cast aside. No point dwelling on them...

SnF for giving me something to consider and having an avatar that's the back sleeve of Piper at the Gates of Dawn. Am I right? 'I've got a mouse and he hasn't got a house...I don't know why I call him Gerald.'

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
No, I'm not in any relationship trouble. I just had this happen recently and I decided to write about it, since it happens to everybody.

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by heyJude

SnF for giving me something to consider and having an avatar that's the back sleeve of Piper at the Gates of Dawn. Am I right? 'I've got a mouse and he hasn't got a house...I don't know why I call him Gerald.'

Hah, yeah!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
So I can't swear that "soulmates" explains it but I know that in 51 years I have never met anyone that fits me so well as her.

First of all, nice signature.

Yeah, I don't exactly believe it either. But it's an interesting concept.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I know exactly what you are talking about, I have these dreams sometimes, not very often at all, but when they happen it affects me for a day or so. Not so much the feeling as going through a break up, but almost a feeling of losing something. I love those dreams, except when something weird happens and the girl gets into a car or leaves the room, and then leaves the dream all together.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by milkmustache

Yeah it seems so real, eh? Thanks for replying.

You don't even realize it's a dream (Not impossible if you're good at spotting dream signs though.) So when you wake up, you come to the realization that you'll never see that person (real or not) again.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You can't really count on complete strangers to interpet your dream, .... because well, it's YOUR dream. The idea of general themes and translations of dreams is quite naive and foolish.

Maybe your subconscious was giving you something it felt you were lacking, or maybe it was just bored. The world will never know.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I've had a couple of dreams like that over time...
I really enjoy them so much! (and they aren't sexual in nature) it's more like I get this experience of a more pure and natural love then I've ever had with someone in real life, and they always make feel a little bit sad for a few days afterwards.
And just quietly, it's made me raise my standards in terms of emotional fulfillment through dating relationships 'cos I figure that feeling doesn't just come out of nowhere, it must be achievable!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have those very often... =(
It's sad when you wake up and discover that you're alone and maybe so far away from that "one" (if he/she really exists, of course)
I think that "he" exists, but who knows...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Caggy]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The dreams I have about meeting some girl I probably never seen before are some of my biggest mysteries in my life. It's weird sometimes when I'm dreaming and out of no where I know this girl who I'm dreaming about being madly in love with me. Weather it be something romantic or we're just having fun. It feels so real to me and I hate to wake up from it. Maybe it could be a some type of weird parallel dimension were only our spirits can go to enjoy our wishes.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I don't know if I've experienced this, at least I don't remember it.
I do however dream about real life girls I love/have loved and sometimes the dreams can be quite overwhelming, waking up alone can be tough.

I don't want to dream about it but they come like a thief in the night,
devious but so lovely, oh so bright.
Sparks as we kiss, caress and we touch,
back to reality where the dreams that we shared never amounted to much.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

IntastellaBurst, I didn't ask for a dream interpretation, this topic is more about the profound effect certain types of dreams have on our waking lives.

reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Good description.
Personally, I think the astral plane is just as important as waking life, and anything that happens there, is just as significant.

Thanks for the replies!

top topics

join