It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Users Have Been Defamed by the Anti-Defamation League

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The internet is the only thing man has left for discussing critical ideas. The internet opened community cells, connected human beings all across Earth for the better of mankind. We got lost along the way, letting propaganda infiltrate our realities and manufacture our beliefs as individuals. I myself as an internet user and critical thinker am scared that one day, out of the things i learned about freedom in high school, my rights will be abolished simply due to this man made error. We must shed light on honest history. Looking back, we will be able to make sure our future as human beings can exist without imaginary boarders and daily devolution suppressed on us by the wealthy, not only here in America but across the world.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I'm curious Springer.

Would ATS consider a lawsuit against the ADL if they do not retract or fix the report to reflect the proper information in context, without slanderous remarks?

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Here is an interesting read for you Springer..

arthurgoldwag.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well in regards to the OP, well laid out and conspicuous in it's entirety.

Something lacking in the ADL's "supposed" report.

Now, that being said.

I have said before TPTB and the idiotic alternate components (kind of like how a candidate will not attack an opponent directly, they will use someone else to sling the mud) it uses to demonize anyone against their agenda, should not be too afraid when the people are openly vilifying their agenda. They should start to worry when people are no longer doing that. Kind of like the saying of "smile, they will wonder what you are up to". Change that to "say nothing or do not decry their evil, plan and talk in the shadows".

That being said, I will remain quiet for now on.

If anyone knows me, that in and of itself is a joke!

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Would ATS consider a lawsuit against the ADL if they do not retract or fix the report to reflect the proper information in context, without slanderous remarks?

We have already discussed it, and the answer is yes.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I would love to know if there is any evidence of a deep relationship between Cass Sunstein and the ADL. Reading this report certainly brings Mr. Sunstein's ideas to mind.

Springer...

Great points.

If anyone wants to know what you are talking about, I would like to give them a few links to catch them up to speed.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.stopsunstein.com...

This guy is way over the top, that is for sure. I would not be surprised if he is directly related to the writing of this report. It does fit his style and his attitude very well.

Edit to add : Check out baddmove's link above a few posts as well. It's thought provoking at the least.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I'm in full support of that one SO.

They've slandered ATS, but more importantly IMO the internet community at large.

This should be something that we "alternative thinkers", whether here or elsewhere on the WWW, should be able to support to the fullest extent possible.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Awesome. Using their own ammo, DMCA, against them.

What is ironic about this whole thing is that the people online haven't (byandlarge) advocated any violence toward the government or anyone, but those that seek to stop this online activity are advocating the violence of the State to impose their will on others.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by belial259

I've called them and left a voice mail, if we don't hear back today we will take it to the next level.

Sad really, I've always had a great deal of respect for the ADL and have donated to them in the past. They seem to have lost their mission over the last few years.

Springer...

Alright Springer is on the case, I feel so much safer already!

Ha, ha, ha. Not.

Your token gesture does nothing to reassure anyone. The fact of the matter is we all know that the governments and special interest groups around the world watch this site like hawks.

Hell, even FBI agents regularly admit that they watch this site as policemen who frequent here have been told this point blank.

My point is that one must have their own inner courage to speak their mind and have the intelligence to know that they will be marked by those whose game is called control as a result.

I stopped fearing them long ago due to pure rage in how they were abusing us.

Let them watch and put their little red flags to my IP address. All the world is truly a stage and every last one of us answers for what we did whether beautiful or hideous in the end. When I go to the other side it is my hope that I will be able to hold my head up and say "Yes, I'm an idiot but I did get a couple of things right along the way and I also learned how to love."... I'm not so confident that those who are trying to keep us down and bend us to their wills are going to be able to make the same claims at that point.

ADL, you can kiss my ass.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I'm curious Springer.

Well this is what I was thinking. Alex Jones already said he was thinking something along those lines.

And who else do we have represented in those comments? Fox news? Certainly they could bring significant pressure to bare on ADL.

the Gun and Game Forums
Assault Web forums
AR-15 Forums
the Tree of Liberty Forums
the Survivalist Boards
New Hampshire Militia forums
Myspace blog
A Well Regulated Militia Forums

And the list goes on.

There is certainly the makings of some kind of class action lawsuit.

Is ATS losing money from advertising revenue since the ADL released this report?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord great thread!

Doc, sickle, and boondock are all great writers; Why they chose them...well.

This might be more frightening than not.
Seeing what ADL is putting out there just tells of the watchful eyes in TPTB.

Keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer. (Bible quote)
Good job.

I don't know if I would want that attention, though.

At least we know have proof that they take things out of context, or without permission.
AND we know for sure that people are watching this site, whereas before, it was a conspiracy.

NOW ITS A TRUTH!

[edit on 26-4-2010 by havok]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I believe the ATS community is behind you full steam.

This thread isn't even 50minutes old yet and its skyrocketed to the front page already. 75flags and counting.

I personally think the ADL will settle this out of court.

They can't afford to deal with that kind of backlash. Unless, they have a good back up plan??

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

They can't afford to deal with that kind of backlash. Unless, they have a good back up plan??

Well that's pretty gutless of them. And I don't see how it would fly considering how many times that little report has probably been mirrored and cached from hundreds or thousands of posts on the internet.

The damage has already been done. Only a retraction of some kind would suffice in my books.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Well that's pretty gutless of them. And I don't see how it would fly considering how many times that little report has probably been mirrored and cached from hundreds or thousands of posts on the internet.

The damage has already been done. Only a retraction of some kind would suffice in my books.

That may be the form the settlement takes. A big public retraction.

However, I think the ADL would rather pay out a million dollars or something. They HATE admitting they are wrong you know?

Losing money is less painful than admitting they were wrong. These guys are hard core that is for sure.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well the censorship and internet war is well under way.

This attack on ATS is one of a few significant recent events.

1. Wikileaks video obviously

2. South Park's episode about muhammed was censored by Comedy Central... we still can't watch it... no idea what Kyle learns at the end! I think they should go to the internet where no one will censor them

3. Rockefeller's statements ?last year? about how the internet is dangerous

4. China and Google war

5. Internet is nominated for 2010 Nobel peace prize

6. Cass Sunstein and 'cognitive infiltration'

7. I think Fox's hit piece on Ventura is highly relevant to this whole thing too, where Shapiro lets it slip that Silverstein was considering a controlled demolition of WTC 7... which he should NOT have been considering at all

Any others? I know there is more but I am spacing on them right now.

Bump, Star and Flag.

Its about time ATS started BEING the news.

edit to add:

8. The recent attempts to link 9/11 truthers to extremism

I think 9/11 truth might be their main reason to get the internet censored because of how much and how fast the movement grows on the internet. I know I've told everyone I know.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by beebs]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Extremely well spoken, as always SkepticOverlord.

I, however, somewhat enjoy the fact that this indeed just gave more ammo to these so-called, dreaded "conspiracy theroists" that they're trying so hard to eliminate! Without placing myself in that *specific category,* I must admit that I've learned about a few new forums & websites that I'll be checking in on regularly.

In other words, I'll most definitely lessen my tone for access to more information. Thanks ADL!

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is absurd. We will never back down.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Star and Flag and I wish that I could give more.

It is very refreshing to know that you are not only speaking up for your community, but also informing us of the possible dangers on the horizon.

Labeling and profiling are disgusting and terrible acts that can lead to nowhere.

Seeing this makes me much more self-aware of my own actions as very proud member of the community at ATS.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Does the ADL not get that everyone of every stripe and color and religion and no religion is on here- and we all ague and throw ideas back and forth and discuss EVERYTHING?

There is one thing of interest- Why did they choose people who made what appears to me stable, no nonsense, and 'normal' statements- and yet shied away from anything blatant? Are they trying to "lower" the bar (or raise it in a twisted, backwards way?)?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Are any of you surprised?

The Domestic Terrorist is the new fear in America.

~Keeper

But are you surprised?
There is no Al Quid..kayd..the bad guys.
The Gumment needs a new enemy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join