It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 barrels of oil spilling daily in the Gulf!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
And these idiots said when this oil rig exploded there wasn't going to be any oil spills from it. Bunch of idiots. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's increase offshore oil rigs and pollute the oceans some more. 600 square miles are already being affected. Pisses me off!
I love in situations like this the "experts" always turn out to be quite the opposite. What if this happened on a large scale? Lots of these rigs going under? They would destroy the ocean overnight.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Oil is 100% organic and 100% recycled. It is nature's fuel. It will clump up and fall to the bottom and not cause any long term problems at all.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This will turn out to be the largest oil catastrophe ever.

The blowout valve did not activate, spewing oil directly into the ocean, not at the surface, but from the bottom.

Just saw an oil guy on CNN, saying this is huge, and could get exponentially worse.

And, right in time for hurricane season.

My thought. This was a planned, false flag to run gas prices up.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

My thought. This was a planned, false flag to run gas prices up.

Nah, the oil speculators on Wall Street can do that easily enough without needing to resort to manufacturing a disaster. Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley already proved that during the $4/gallon era of Bush's final year in office.

I spent some years in the Navy and saw so much oil, jet fuel, garbage and hardware go straight into the ocean without the slightest concern for it's ecosystems or the environment. I can't imagine it's any different with the oil industry. It's a matter of attitude, if you have no concern or respect for the environment, then nothing at all is done to conserve it or protect it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f61f54ac8c45.jpg[/atsimg]

(I know what you're thinking - "what the hell do penguins have to do with the oil spill in the Gulf?" Well, nothing, nothing at all.)

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Blackmarketeer]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They gonna set fire to it now

source

Could they not hoover it up and use it instead of polluting the atmosphere with the smoke this is gonna create

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This thing is much bigger than anybody realizes.... (edit) to put it quite frankly,,, they are scared sh**less about what is going on... the whole truth about how much is leaking now and the potential output has them mortified.

Less just say that the current estimate of 210,000 gallons a day is childs play in a worst case scenario.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by RickinVa]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I heard them mention that it could be as much as 25000 barrels a day, or 1,050,000 gallons a day, for 3, maybe 4 months.

This is just getting started.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
1,000,000 gallons a day is still below the potential output if the valve fails altogether,,,, the safety valve at the bottom of the well did work as intended,,, just not to its complete capacity.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by RickinVa]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It's alright - it's not emitting CO2 so the planet is fine!
NOT.

Environmentalists are very quick to complain, but I don't see them out there helping to clean up.

It is apparently 5000 barrels/day roughly that is leaking into the sea.

It's all very well saying the oil is bad, but what damage are the chemicals doing that they're spraying onto the oil to disperse it???

Oil floats on water, so it isn't actually in the sea. It is the surface and the coast where the real problem is.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Environmentalists are very quick to complain, but I don't see them out there helping to clean up.

So you think this oil spill is a good thing or you wrote this post from your spot in the water where you are working hard to clean it up?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
the potential output of this leak could go as high as 50,000 barrels a day.....

thats 2,000,000 gallons a day and it could take them literally months to plug it...

this will go down as the biggest environmental disaster to ever happen...

the sheeple simply do not understand how big this is going to be....

it is a financial nightmare on an already weak economy

[edit on 1-5-2010 by RickinVa]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

C'mon, are you serious? It's the environmentalists, the volunteers, the "tree-huggers" who get out there to clean up these messes, often for no pay, just their love for the planet.

new topics

top topics

join