It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military's Hypersonic Falcon Missile Test a Dud?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Military's Hypersonic Falcon Missile Test a Dud?

www.foxnews.com

On the heels of last week's top-secret X37-B launch, the U.S. Air Force launched -- and ultimately crashed -- an experimental hypersonic glider theoretically capable of hitting Mach 20.

It was a watershed week for conspiracy theorists, with President Barack Obama throwing his support behind several major upgrades to the country's rapid-response strike capability.

On the heels of the top-secret X37-B launch, the U.S. Air Force launched an even more secret experimental hypersonic glider able to travel more than 4,000 miles in 30 minutes from launch. The craft -- dubbed the Falcon Hyperso
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I am definitely not up to date with all the details of the PGS project, but stumbled upon this article and wanted to share with the members.

It mentions that the test was conducted last week, and communications were lost nine minutes in the test launch.

I also failed to locate a thread on this test launch, which surprised me, perhaps it is available and I just missed it
wouldn't be the first time, so if there is an existing piece going on this let me know so I can close this one and add this article to that thread.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I didnt know they had tested it yet
so thanks for the update

give them time they will figure out
what went wrong and fix it.

meanwhile America falls apart from
the inside out. What a waste of resources
in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The craft -- dubbed the Falcon Hyperso

Im sorry, but did anyone else scream "Falcon Punch!" when they read that? I cant stop laughing. Excellent post by the way

it is designed to separate from its booster and glide across the Pacific at around 13,000 mph, or nearly Mach 20.

... thats insane.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Come now, such small thinking... The missile obviously succeeded, in fact, it having hit Mach 20 its on board flux capacitor was able to punch a hole in the space time continuum sending it through a worm hole. This was this first volley in an time war.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Funny how we only believe stories that detail a failed military test. Apparently all the successful ones are just a pack of lies.

For the record, a successful launch and 9 minutes of hypersonic flight including advanced maneuvering is far from a failure for a bird that was designed to crash anyway.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Damn. Bush was wrong. We are going to hit a tent in the desert with a multi-million dollar missile. So how are we going to get targeting data for this thing if they ever get it to work? You almost need to have an observer there making sure that your target is valid.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I find it curious that the US military would announce the FAILURE of a Top Secret project. Disinformation perhaps?

new topics

top topics

join