It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura - what do you think?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

If HAARP isn't dangerous, why is most of the data classified? How do you explain the sudden burst in Chemtrails? A list of the possible dangers include:ELF and VLF Pollution...

ALL of that comes from the fertile imaginations of the 'conspiracy theorists' out there.

ESPECIALLY the so-called "chemtrails". But, that isn't the topic here, and you can read more on other threads.

My point was already made -- MOST of these 'conspiracies' simply don't exist.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Um, your point wasn't made and you never answered my questions. If it's not dangerous why is HAARP considered to be classified under military jurisdiction? Shouldn't this be public knowledge under the FOIA and in the best interest of the public? Why is classified as a weapon and not as a Scientific Research Center? Instead of asking us though, why don't you just use this

Also, there's this

As far as Chemtrails, that remains to be seen for sure.

However, Tuskegee was once thought of as nothing more than a conspiracy theory as well. So before you start writing off "conspiracy theories" you'll find that there is a lot of truth that leaks out of those. We never went into Laos and Cambodia either, while we're at right?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

Tuskegee was once thought of as nothing more than a conspiracy theory as well.

So? Very different, since it WAS actually happening, and DID happen.

But, for very very different reasons, and different mindsets of those responsible. (It was racially motivated! Ever hear of Joseph Mengele, too?)

What has happened, in this modern era, is TOO many people, who have no real concept of science in many cases, see "something" that "just don't set right" with 'em...and contrive a "conspiracy theory" around it.

ATS, when it was 'founded', strove to focus on the actual conspiracies that had some shred of a possibility of being true. Some very long-established ones, say "Roswell" for instance. (And, by extension, anything 'UFO'/'alien' related).

Among other topics.

TODAY, however, thanks mostly to YouTube since its debut five years ago, this rampant speculation has run amok.

AND, the gullibility of certain people to believe just about anything, if it's wrapped up in a certain 'package' (half-truths, innuendo, etc) lends itself well to the con-artists and snake-oil-salesmen who live by the credo "A Sucker Is Born Every Minute", and they will happily perpetuate a notion, no matter how silly, IF there is a way to separate your wallet from your pocket.

The Barnum and Bailey circus people knew it, 'magicians' (those adept at prestidigitation) know it, even politicians know it.

The phenomenon isn't new --- only the methods used to "sell" it.

I used to think that ATS' function was to be a "Clearinghouse" of sorts, to sift through the detritus, and zero-in on the more substantially plausible 'conspiracies'. Shame that, in its growth, it too has suffered from its success.

"Deny Ignorance"...a motto that seems to be understood differently, by different people?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jdawg9909
You know I really do enjoy Jesse Ventura's show Conspiracy Theory. Even though most of the topics I am already well aware of, I think it is a good starting point for the general population to get in touch with these topics and then to research them more on your own.

That said, I really do think Jesse is a very solid guy. Having heard him on a few talk shows I deep down think that he is the real deal and fighting the good fight. But something tells me he is almost too good to be true. Kind of like Alex Jones.

So my question is, is there any dirt on Jese Ventura? Has he been linked to any secret societies or as a mouthpiece for any corporation or entities? I really like what he is doing.

I think Jesse Ventura knows quite a bit more than the average folk, think about it he was a Navy Seal probably all or most of the missions he was involved in are still Highly Classified. Top that off with holding a high position of power in politics. Chances are he's talked to people that were/are involved in other classified stuff, people talk its in their nature and i'm sure this guy isn't telling everything he knows about the secret government operations etc. mainly because he could get in alot of trouble if he did spill the beans. I think the guy is legit though, he's well educated, been in many movies and WWF wrestling in the 80's so I don't think he's doing what he does for the money.

I think he really wants people to know the truth about stuff, if you look at his body of work he's always been the type that doesn't give a damn about what others think about him so he's not trying to win a popularity contest, just a tough hard nosed guy that is on our side.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Must have missed this part.... thats ok...

The UDTs were merged with the US Navy SEALs in 1983, 8 years after Ventura had left the Navy.

He was not a Navy Seal.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

I work with exDevGru SEAL team member and I asked him about what his thoughts were of Mr. Ventura.
He told me that Jesse was a "Great Guy" and that he goes to all the SEAL reunions they have had through the years.

If Mr Ventura is invited to these reunions and is greeted with open arms by what you would consider real SEALs then doesn't that make him a SEAL. Whose opinion is worth more on this? A former DevGru Black team member or an internet forum poster.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Must have missed this part.... thats ok...

The UDTs were merged with the US Navy SEALs in 1983, 8 years after Ventura had left the Navy.

He was not a Navy Seal.

"Today we refer to all of us as SEALs, that's all it is"
That is his response to you.

Your attack on him makes no sense.

It is called taking things out of context.

It is also called a "hit job", and I can't believe you are still holding on to it like it's concrete proof he is a complete sham or hoax.

How does this discredit a single theory on his TV show? Attacking the messenger is a very poor tactic.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I don't care if Gov. Ventura was a Seal, a sea lion or a damn Manatee; I like his take no prisoners, no BS style. If he runs for any national office, I will vote for him. IMO we need more people like him that at least addresses the issues, instead of spinning the truth to fit a particular ideology.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

To me he is not, was not and never will be a Navy Seal. My opinion and I'm entitled to it.

I don't agree with some of his "takes" on conspiracy theories, didn't care for him as a wrestler or a politician.

The OP asked and I answered.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Can u believe weed wacker--what a wack job---dillusional sheep--Jesse is a champ. Proven more than any politition or wacker out there.

Would love to see a ron paul jesse ventura ticket next time

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

Well thanks for staying on topic friend.
I like to think I have a good BS meter and i really do believe that Ventura is the real deal. He reminds me so much of high school teacher I had who was very blunt and upfront and told it how it was. I respect people like that. I want the truth and I can handle it no matter how strange it might be. It will set us free.

I just hope Jesse stays safe. I am sure that he is pissing off some nefarious clandestine groups and we need more like him. Its refreshing to see someone using thier notoriety for honorable purposes. His success is only showing that people are meant to learn about these topics and that the truth is more powerful than people think.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Your opinion is respected in this thread as is the other poster's. I hold both at equal weight and it is ok to disagree. Afterall, we are all trying to come to the same real conclusions. Hopefully, lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
This whole "hes not a SEAL hes lying" stuff is a major crock of bs; me thinks.

I see no proof. Just silly opinions and speculation.

If the BEST you can do to attack Ventura is say "hes not a real SEAL" you have LOST BIG TIME.

He was not a SEAL but a frogman. BIG difference to old time SEALs. There was a reason why Jesse wasn't a SEAL, the military saw character issues with him.

Jesse's war experience consisted of looking for open brothels and the only hunting he did was for more beer.

The best term used to describe him is using stolen valor for personal gain.

This is a basic character flaw and goes to personal integrity and core honesty. I have zero interest in this guy as he is a fake and he will lie about everything else.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
95% of the conspiracies covered is part of the conspiracy designed by the elite rulers that you still cannot name.
Whether you believe these rulers exist or do not exist is irrelevant.

People like
Alex Jones
Jesse Venura
911 Truth movement
can mean well yet be part of a psychological operation.

Lets put it this way...it is much worse than they say

Like i said before...Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant.
Truth is simply that...truth

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

My best response to your post is to refer you to what "hinky" wrote. It is concise, and expresses my view perfectly:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

"So? Very different, since it WAS actually happening, and DID happen"

So? You didn't really answer the other questions nor did you really understand the response or the questions I asked, in my opinion. It sounds like you have a personal ax to grind with Above Top Secret so why don't you email the people who run this site instead of doing nothing more than deflecting from the conversation? So you have a beef with ATS and the "new school" of Conspiratorial Thought, okay I don't really get that but tomato, tomahto. That's great but your reasons are sort of lost on me as well as the elitism and snobbery that is chock full in your response.

Tuskegee at one point was considered nothing more than a bogus, tin foil conspiracy until it was later confirmed by declassified documents. My point is that how do you know a lot of the same thing won't happen 20 or 30 years from now concerning cloud seeding, 9/11, corporations used to spy on you, etc, etc. So there. I'm also weary of people who wear science on their sleeve like a new religion. Such thoughts and totally closed minded and I would totally think that it would lead you away from the basics of scientific thought.

I also find it hilarious that a guy who makes this claims about a love for science would actually drink the Kool-Aid on HAARP. I think anyone who has a love for science knows that you should not mess with Mother Nature, period.

I think that Jesse Ventura is doing a good thing here like Art Bell did with Coast to Coast. They may not get everything right but I think they come quite close. I think Jesse Ventura is pretty sincere despite past youthful transgressions as well. I think it's silly to hold the misguided part of youth against someone for the rest of their life. You can do so if you wish but I think that it's a standard that most people who have that viewpoint very seldom follow themselves.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by justinsweatt]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Governor Ventura was a Vietnam veteran who did his time with honor and dignity. Since the group that Jesse belonged to merged with the Seals, he can call himself a Seal. He did his time and earned that right.

The article was meant to bash the Governor about what the name of the service was. He was not a draft dodger, a person who was deferred, or someone who did their service in a National Guard unit. Attack his ideas, not his military record.

I do agree that some of the conspiracies are a bit out there, but his TV show did have a few good episodes on some pretty sinister goings on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join