It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura - what do you think?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You know I really do enjoy Jesse Ventura's show Conspiracy Theory. Even though most of the topics I am already well aware of, I think it is a good starting point for the general population to get in touch with these topics and then to research them more on your own.

That said, I really do think Jesse is a very solid guy. Having heard him on a few talk shows I deep down think that he is the real deal and fighting the good fight. But something tells me he is almost too good to be true. Kind of like Alex Jones.

So my question is, is there any dirt on Jese Ventura? Has he been linked to any secret societies or as a mouthpiece for any corporation or entities? I really like what he is doing.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think he's a loud mouth who's in it to make as much money as he can.

He actually believes the crap that he spouts and will profit from the book he wrote and the TV show.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What "crap" do you speak of???

Big Brother(see the cameras popping up in your city lately? I have), 9/11(something doesnt sit right), Manchurian Candidate(proven real), Global Warming(proven fake), Apocalypse 2012(based on Mayan calendar), HAARP(very real and dangerous)

These are just some his topics and I agree that there are facts to support all of them as to having some truth behind them. These are all very interesting and valid topics and his show backs them up with fact.

I do agree with him being a loud mouth, but I mean the dude was in pro wrestling, what would you expect?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

its funny u should mention that cuz
I have Jesse on my 2012 dream team

www.abovetopsecret.com...

would love to see him hold office

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

He actually believes the crap that he spouts and will profit from the book he wrote and the TV show.

Yeah you would rather no one got publicity talking about conspiracy theories right?

Come on you had to have mistyped or something.

You can't possibly mean what you said.

You prefer silence than eh?

I guess you probably think ATS is a bunch of loudmouths who just wanna make money off conspiracy theories huh? Hence the advertisements on the side?

Well ATS is making money. So they are in the same boat as Ventura, according to Your Logic.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Really ?

Anyone who speaks up will get a little celebrity, that's a given.

Have you listened to him speak?

He's not eloquant like Obama, but we all see where smooth talker's have
gotten us.

I like Jesse because he genuine.

Go Gov

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Manchurian Candidate(proven real)...

"proven"? Where? (Two actual motion pictures, that I'm aware of...)

Global Warming(proven fake)...

Again, "proven"? News to the rest of us.

Apocalypse 2012(based on Mayan calendar)...

Any simple study will show that the Maya, and their calendar, has no more relevance to "predicting" and sort of 'end times' than our current calendar does, when December 31st rolls around.

The "Mayan Calendar" merely 'ended', because it was going to re-start. IF they (Maya) were still around, as a civilization, then They'd have made a new one...

HAARP(very real and dangerous)...

Yeah, HAARP is real, no doubt. But, about as dangerous as a butterfly fart in a hurricane...

...which is about all the hot air escaping from Jesse's mouth is worth.

Look...there is, lately, ever-increasingly BIG business in this "conspiracy" business.

Any of us who still see the adverts, here at ATS, should see the evidence clearly

It is, still....(shocking, I realize)....a business.

A source of income.

And, for many, a source of entertainment.

Unfortunately, it is also a source of paranoid delusional behaviour, which is triggered in some people.

But, in a World as large as this one, there are bound to be folk of all ilks. Some just more susceptible to suggestion than others, is all.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You should have a close look at his military "career". A little overstate that is mostly overlooked.

Jesse "the truth" Ventura

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Sadly your points are merely opinions.

Just like the opinions your opinion disagrees with.

I did not see you substantiate your opinion, therefore it does not qualify as fact.

I bet you felt like it was a fact though, as most people consider their opinions facts...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
weedwacker i agree that cospiracies are "popular" today but i reall just think that is bc people are starting to wake up to reality. i see nothing wrong with generating profit as long as people are educated and such subjects are brought to light. after all, the ends are what matter, not the means.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Unlike, say, your boss (SO), who is running ATS for altruistic purposes?

Making a profit isn't always indicative of bad intentions.. especially in the kind of society we live in. You can't do something without making a profit, lest you get kicked to the curb and wind up homeless and hungry. Hell, you can't even get sick without paying stone cold cash because of it.

edit: confused myself with a double negative

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have said crap.

I have an issue with his theory about thermite paint being used to bring down the WTC. Thats my main issue with him.

I know there are others, I just can't think of them right now, I'm posting from work.

Edit - spelling.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Honestly, the way him and his show present themselves I can't help but laugh...along with my non-conspiracist friends as we sit around and watch. The show IS a mockery of conspiracies and the people who believe in and study them. Someone needs to shut this guy up and fast before we lose anymore of the little credibility we have.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well atleast give the guy credit for giving these topics to the general population. Most do not know they even exist. I have had many peoplebe like "hey you ever hear of HAARP?" And Im like yeah about 10 years ago..

But to stay on topic, has anyone ever heard of Mr. Ventura being linked to any secret organization?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I do remember Gov Ventura's show on politics which aired on Sundays. It did not last long (figures) as he was a true independent. He chastised both parties and blamed the Republicans for stealing the 2000 Presidential Election and the Governor's office with the recall.

I have not heard of Gov Ventura being in a secret society. I would think he might join one to find out what is going on. But they would also know he was not going to keep what he learns a secret, so they would not let him join. (I doubt he can go undercover.)

I like the man and saw the conspiracy show, but thought they did not really delve into what they were doing with an open mind. He set off believing the conspiracy and then the others presented very flimsy evidence for the most part. The best episode was the one on Big Brother. The technology shown was very real and very scary.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
You should have a close look at his military "career". A little overstate that is mostly overlooked.

Jesse "the truth" Ventura

Yeah, when I found out about this it really put a damper on my trust in the guy. I even mentioned it in another thread recently.

Honestly, I think you are too lenient on him. To me it seems he's doing more than just "overstating" his military record, he's outright lying. He was NOT a Navy SEAL, despite the fact that he continually says that he was.

Yes, he had all the same training and yes he served admirably as a UDT by all accounts, but that doesn't change the fact that he was never what he says he was, and he's used that particular lie to further his career all along. It wouldn't bother me too much if he was using that as part of his wrestling character, but as soon as he got into politics and started putting himself out there as a "trusted name" on all manner of issues, even invoking his military record as a SEAL in arguments about why he should be listened to, then that's when he starts to lose me.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This whole "hes not a SEAL hes lying" stuff is a major crock of bs; me thinks.

I see no proof. Just silly opinions and speculation.

If the BEST you can do to attack Ventura is say "hes not a real SEAL" you have LOST BIG TIME.

That is what we call a major "Fail".

That's like people attacking Ron Paul's political stance by saying "Your not a real Doctor".

Please. Attack the man's points and stop attacking the man.

At the least, if you MUST attack the messenger, prove it at least??

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

From September 11, 1969 to September 10, 1975, during the Vietnam War era, Ventura served in the United States Navy. While on active duty, Ventura was part of Underwater Demolition Team 12 (UDT).[34] The UDTs were merged with the US Navy SEALs in 1983, 8 years after Ventura had left the Navy. Compared to SEAL units, UDTs saw less combat, and took fewer casualties.[35]

Bill Salisbury, an attorney in San Diego and a former Navy SEAL officer, accused Ventura of "pretending" to be a SEAL and wrote Ventura would be blurring an important distinction by claiming to be a SEAL when he was actually a frogman with the UDT.[36][37] [38] Following that, Governor Ventura's office confirmed that Ventura was never a member of the SEALs. His spokesman stated that Ventura has never tried to convince people otherwise[39] Ventura stated: "Today we refer to all of us as SEALs, that's all it is."[40]

Ventura has frequently referred to his military career in public statements and debates.[41][42][43][44] He was criticized by hunters and conservationists for stating in an interview with the Minneapolis StarTribune in April of 2001 he said "Until you have hunted men, you haven't hunted yet."[45][46]

In January 2002, Ventura, who had never specifically claimed to have fought in Vietnam, disclosed for the first time that he did not see combat. He did not receive the Combat Action Ribbon, which was awarded to those involved in a firefight or who went on clandestine or special operations where the risk of enemy fire was great or expected.[47]

Source

He wasn't a SEAL, had the similar training, but never operated as a Navy SEAL.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Wow so you guys ARE pulling things out of context for the purpose of a hit job. Thanks for the link that proves this.

It says clearly the SEALs were merged with the UDT in 1983, and Ventura said "Today we refer to all of us as SEALs, that's all it is"

Wow this is really sad. You guys are grasping at STRAWS to prove your point that Ventura = sucky guy.

But you have failed.

You proved his statement makes perfect sense. Thanks for the link.

I guess you guys love taking things way out of context ?? I personally think its sort of unethical though. That's just me.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Manchurian Candidate(proven real)...

"proven"? Where? (Two actual motion pictures, that I'm aware of...)

Global Warming(proven fake)...

Again, "proven"? News to the rest of us.

Apocalypse 2012(based on Mayan calendar)...

Any simple study will show that the Maya, and their calendar, has no more relevance to "predicting" and sort of 'end times' than our current calendar does, when December 31st rolls around.

The "Mayan Calendar" merely 'ended', because it was going to re-start. IF they (Maya) were still around, as a civilization, then They'd have made a new one...

HAARP(very real and dangerous)...

Yeah, HAARP is real, no doubt. But, about as dangerous as a butterfly fart in a hurricane...

...which is about all the hot air escaping from Jesse's mouth is worth.

Look...there is, lately, ever-increasingly BIG business in this "conspiracy" business.

Any of us who still see the adverts, here at ATS, should see the evidence clearly

It is, still....(shocking, I realize)....a business.

A source of income.

And, for many, a source of entertainment.

Unfortunately, it is also a source of paranoid delusional behaviour, which is triggered in some people.

But, in a World as large as this one, there are bound to be folk of all ilks. Some just more susceptible to suggestion than others, is all.

Manchurian Candidates = MK Ultra, Mind Control experiments, experiments with drugs on our soldiers from Vietnam forward (all declassified). There have been links with investigations that lead some of our selected officials back to the experimental days of Harvard's early 60s Psychology department with '___'. It's been ON RECORD that '___' had lots of involvement from the CIA.

For Global Warming, it is public record that there are now 10,000 more polar bears on the North American continent than there were 20 years ago. From satellite imagery, there has been ample evidence that the sheets of ice are progressing further around the arctic and antarctic, not digressing like once thought. Of course of that has been swept under the rug by the mainstream media. I also hate to tell you this but Global Warming does not cause Earthquakes despite what Al Gore and his lock box will tell you.

The 2012 thing I don't buy into at all. I think the whole 2012 thing is a pile of crap and I think you are going to have some very disappointed people around the world come Jan 1, 2013.

HAARP is not as dangerous as a butterfly fart. What part of electrifying the earth's ionosphere do you think is a good idea? Exactly what is your control that would prove that it's not harmful? Where is there another Earth that the scientists can cull that data to back up their harmful, dangerous testing? Give me a break. If HAARP isn't dangerous, why is most of the data classified? How do you explain the sudden burst in Chemtrails? A list of the possible dangers include:ELF and VLF Pollution,
Disastrous Resonance Effects in Living Systems, Affects on Living Things, Affects on Insects, Affects on Human Brain Waves, Weather Disasters
Natural Disasters

top topics

<<   2 >>

join