It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noam Chomsky Listens to Talk Radio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Noam Chomsky Listens to Talk Radio

www.roryoconnor.org

Noam Chomsky tells ex-New York Times reporter Chris Hedges he has “never seen anything like this.’”

“This,” says the man Hedges believes is “America’s greatest intellectual,” is the frightening mood of the country — “the level of anger, frustration and hatred of institutions,” and the “self-destructive fantasies” that have Chomsky warning “that we have little time left to save our anemic democracy.”

“It is very similar to late Weimar Germany,” Chomsky told Hedges. “The parallels are striking.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
shockjocks.org

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Chomsky has been commenting on U.S. policy and domestic affairs for as long as I can remember, usually accurately cogently - and he is now comparing situations in the U.S. internally as essentially similar to those of the conditions that gave rise to the Nazi party in Germany. He seems to be saying that conditions are ripe for a totalitarian takeover similar to Hitler s famous declaration of emergency after "winning" the election at that time. very ominous indeed.

www.roryoconnor.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Mr Chomsky is right. He is a visionary and has uncanny insight.
His works are damn near prophetic. It may pay to listen to him, he generally calls both liberal and conservative on the carpet as he sees it and appears to be very consistant in his ideology. He is authentic. He is ethical.

He is concerned.
We should probably pay attention.

Heres a link on Weimer Republic history. Some very scary similarities...
en.wikipedia.org...

"From November 1918 through January 1919, Germany was governed by the Council of People's Commissioners. It issued a large number of decrees which were confined to certain spheres: the eight-hour workday, domestic labour reform, agricultural labour reform, right of civil-service associations, local municipality social welfare relief (split between Reich and States) and important national health insurance, re-instatement of demobilised workers, protection from arbitrary dismissal with appeal as a right, regulated wage agreement, and universal suffrage from 20 years of age in all types of elections—local and national."

Many of these changes were initiated in the best interest of the national citizenry, I assume. They actually represented social reform. The problem, though, was in the abandonment of the national constitution in favor of concentrated power. We are right on the verge of the same situation...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by PapaKrok]

[edit on 26-4-2010 by PapaKrok]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It may also be worth mentioning: the tension between the extreme left and the extreme right led to the formulation of the Weimer Republic and its eventual constitution. The wording in the new laws allowed the possibility of a centralized dictatorship through empwering the federation in times of national emergency... it was essentially the lynch pin in the power struggle between the independant states and the republic. It is more complicated than that, but I think that is the general jist.

A false flag event allowed the powers that be to assume authority.

We are in the same position. Maybe we should be wary of the emerging "savior' party that represents a mid-point between the extremities... coupled with the pro fed legislation that has been pounded out over the last two decades... I think history may repeat itself.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I like Noam Chomsky. I disagree with him on some things. But why was the article titled Noam Chomsky listens to talk radio? That makes little sense. I'm not sure what that has to do with what was said unless I'm missing something.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You do know there is like 4 posts of this story already.

Two.

new topics

top topics

join