It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Signal Faster than Speed of Light

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Two words. Group Velocity.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's not superluminal.

The source and it's behavior are strange but FTL is not occuring persay.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
In the Urantia Book it speaks of "Solitary Messengers" as being capable of traveling at approximately 3 times the speeed of light.

Part l. The Central and Superuniverses
Section 23. The Solitary Messengers

www.urantia.org...

“ Ambassadors and Emissaries of Special Assignment. Local universes situated within the same superuniverse customarily exchange ambassadors selected from their native orders of sonship. But to avoid delay, Solitary Messengers are frequently asked to go as ambassadors from one local creation to another, to represent and interpret one realm to another. For example: When a newly inhabited realm is discovered, it may prove to be so remote in space that a long time will pass before an enseraphimed ambassador can reach this fardistant universe. An enseraphimed being cannot possibly exceed the velocity of 558,840 Urantia miles in one second of your time. Massive stars, crosscurrents, and detours, as well as attraction tangents, will all tend to retard such speed so that on a long journey the velocity will average about 550,000 miles per second.”

[edit on 26-4-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
VERY interesting. I'd love to see what comes of this.

Why does everyone always assume alien life would be hostile? We are adventuring to other planets ourselves (although far far too slowly), and we would love to mine other planets for resources. Does that mean we are hostile if we find other life there? I'd certainly like to think not, although the way our governments are going right now maybe so.

I also have to say the whole theory of FTL being impossible seems very naive to me. It wasn't that long ago that our best minds thought that if we went over 100 mph we'd die. Yes we have come a long way since then, but bearing in mind the knowledge we don't have of the universe, the contradictory 'theories' of astrophysics etc. there is no way of stating FTL is impossible as a matter of fact. By our current understanding yes, but then there is a hell of a lot we don't know yet. Look at Dark Matter for instance, basically a guess at what makes up the 80% majority of the universe... if that doesn't say it all I don't know what does. No doubt this statement will get horribly flamed, but until we know everything that exists, and how everything works you never know what is possible.

Anyway, interesting post. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Maybe you have a good point we're lit up like a christmas tree.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by crezo

Give it 200 years we will be colonizing planets i think, then we could also fly to these phenomenon and see what its all about. Get straight to the facts

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Also remember the signal is now 12million lyears old. It has come and gone along time ago.

Does this take into account the speed of the thing ?
if its going faster than the speed of light, how fast is it going, and if it is a lot faster, wouldnt the signal be newer ?

thinking out loud here with my minimal brain power

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
lets hope so! we haven't done too much in the last 50 other than ISS.

I think it's all going to be down to private commercial firms now, you need to open it up to bring some excitement, challenge and competition. Rather than letting nasa bottle neck and over run due to lack of any competition whatsoever, hopefully the new competition will bring along some new much needed advancements and innovations. I guess time will tell.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This was already posted recently.

Anyhow, it is NOT a hoax. How could it be hoax? That makes zero sense whatsoever. There are only 2 things it could be: unknown natural phenomenon, or artificial source sending radio waves on purpose, i. e. intelligent life. To me, all evidence points to the latter. I'm going with E. T.

Now, it is curiously noted that there was a bigass explosion, followed by FTL departure by an object (source) which then sends a bunch of consistent radio waves. I don't think it is a coincidence.

It should be noted that the source of the radio waves is many many many many lightyears away. So, whoever sent the radio waves is long gone.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't have time to look at this story -- but I've been predicting for some time that we wold find "gravity streams" -- basically, areas where Conservation of Energy, and what is called "dark matter" (but I think are "gravity footprints" form other dimensions) create "streams" or currents.

So you would see anomalies like an apparently "faster than light" movement from any EM field passing through one - but really it is "space itself" which is moving - the Light or Radio wave is moving at Light Speed inside of moving space. Perpendicular to the motion, you should see a "wobble" of a star as it looks to suddenly displace and return to it's position -- like ripples in glass.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crezo
lets hope so! we haven't done too much in the last 50 other than ISS.

I think it's all going to be down to private commercial firms now, you need to open it up to bring some excitement, challenge and competition. Rather than letting nasa bottle neck and over run due to lack of any competition whatsoever, hopefully the new competition will bring along some new much needed advancements and innovations. I guess time will tell.

I remember watching a speech obama made at Nasa about giving them funding and asking them to recruit from the private sector to help develop cheaper ways into space.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Since I first got a hold of this story online, I looked it up, I went to the local science center, and brought it the attention of the astronomers there who were already all over this like kids in a candy store.

First there area this is coming from is a star creating galaxy, they say there is no way it can be life, anything near this system has a zero chance of surviving the catastrophic energy that is produced there, with amazing explosions taking place all the time, they say it could have been happening all a long and we just didn’t know it until now, when the signal became so much stronger. In the end though they could only assume that it could be many things coming together to create the signal, like the birth of a couple stars on a collision course in the system setting of a fireworks of explosions between multiple stars, but this was all they had, I was hoping that they would know more but they said its all hypothetical, and they will be researching for a long time to come.

They were quiet surprised that I asked about this and said I was the first person from the public to ask, and to name the area, and the activity. I got the feeling they were caught off guard for some reason, but that’s as much as I could get out of them before my kids became bored with adult mumbo jumbo about planets and space LOL.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
One word: DISCLOSURE!!!

We want it.... NOW!

Maybe it's me but, there has been an increase in space related topics in these passed weeks. Whether on the internet, tv or radio. Even CNN is talking about Aliens. What have i been missing or are they preparing us for something that is about to show up or happen.

I don't know... maybe i've been missing signs or not believing in ATS lately... I only hope they come in peace and eat the evil doers of this planet. hehehehehe

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Is there a copy of the signal someone can post. I would love to hear it.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer
Yes i agree, but some signals have no pattern in which a code could be hidden to decipher,

if it is intelligent in nature
then there will be a pattern
history has taught us this
we just haven't found it yet

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by crezo
Why does everyone always assume alien life would be hostile? We are adventuring to other planets ourselves (although far far too slowly)

if we were created or breed by design from our creator
who created us in his image and we are at war on this planet
on every continent, then there is valid argument for the creator
to be hostile as well. No???

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

We actually have a thread about this, but I know that the search engine of ATS doesn't always give you the results you are looking for even thou they exist.

I don't have a link to the original thread, but it was posted in this same forum.

BTW, this is not a hoax. Whatever this is "seems" as if it is traveling 4X the speed of light, but it is actually travelling slower, it just looks to be travelling that fast. However, it should be travelling at least at the speed of light and maybe twice the speed of light, and the movement of the galaxy that it is moving through makes it seem to be travelling faster than it is.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Maybe it is an optical illusion of superluminal speed,
of course it wouldn't be the first time someone, in or out of science has lived in denial.

Charles Hall suggests that light has a broader [interactive?] field of energy & while it may progress on a given vector at 'the speed of light' it also, due to that bigger field, also have lateral sheer [hops, skips, jumps, discontinuities?] Which work to give it superluminal progress/'speed'.

He has noted the similarity of various supposed 'recovered' alien craft from different species & says they seem to use the same/similar technologies. Some kind of optical fiber coils in huge numbers where he says [photons? quarks? baryonic?] particles are run through them creating some kind of [sheering?] field.
That is also what he says gives those craft a fuzzy appearance when they are operating. Because they are slightly off shifted from our familiar physics operations.

Clearly with the shifts of directions & accelerations they must also disconnect from standard inertia parameters.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
We are likely to never get the truth, in our time. Discovery after discovery, it's never FULLY investigated by science, but always FULLY investigated by those whom want to keep this above top secret. I'm not even going to begin to buy the original statement about the blackhole, even if it comes from the government itself, or its flunkies, however much they are paid

Any kind of Dis-Info agent on ATS right now, hired by the government, I suggest you think again before you betray your own race by hiding what humanity has the right to know, because when the truth comes out, there's going to be a lynch mob. As was Similarly stated in a previous youtube video I had seen.

Think. Is the money worth it when everything is exposed and one's information is out there? Think there. Just think. Stick that in with the Future References.

However, by far, I would believe this needs more Investigation, and not by some Top-Of-The-Line-Crooked-Organization-Paid-For-Secrecy.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

sorry mate, been done.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Instantaneous Interstellar Communications

Ok guys, is FTL travel and communications such a big deal after all? And that to for advanced ET civilizations that most probably do exist, and who are millions of years ahead of us in technology? Why are we always thinking inside the proverbial shoe box?

Take a look here. This thread I found after a little search which is most interesting...

Originally posted by mikesingh
"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
Lord Kelvin, President, Royal Society, 1895

Forget about how SETI is trying it’s best for a response from ET by the antique methodology using the good old radio waves for propagation. Is it any wonder they have not received a ‘reply’ as yet? Are they barking up the wrong tree? Apparently, communications in the electromagnetic spectrum is passé! At least for advanced ET races.

Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) has several papers on esoteric subjects, one of which contains details of spacecraft utilizing gravity shielding not only for propulsion but for the internal dynamics within the spacecraft in order to eliminate the effects of massive G-forces on the crew. And then it has described Quantum Gravitational Antennas for instantaneous communications across the Universe! And there’s more….

Update Jan 2008

Here is a paper by Fran De Aquino of LANL, last revised in Jan 2008 titled, Gravity Control By Means of Electromagnetic Field Through Gas or Plasma at Ultra-Low Pressure

It is shown that the gravity acceleration just above a chamber filled with gas or plasma at ultra-low pressure can be strongly reduced by applying an Extra Low-Frequency (ELF) electromagnetic field across the gas or the plasma. This Gravitational Shielding Effect is related to the recent discovery of quantum correlation between gravitational mass and inertial mass.

This Gravitational Shielding Effect is unprecedented in the literature and can not be understood in the framework of General Relativity.
From the technical point of view, there are several applications for this discovery.

It will change the paradigms of energy generation, transportation and telecommunications.

How much of it has been operationalized? Look at the applications it describes:

> Anti Gravity Propulsion for spacecraft.

> Gravitational Energy Converter to Rotational Mechanical Energy by Gravity Control Cells (Free energy).

> Internal Gravity Control inside spacecraft (Artificial gravity).

> Gravitational Thrusters.

> QGAs (Quantum Gravity Antennas) for near instantaneous interstellar communications
by Virtual Gravitational Radiation

The GCC (Gravity Control Cell) antenna radiates graviphotons and gravitational waves simultaneously. Thus it is not only a gravitational antenna, but a Quantum gravitational antenna because it can also emit and detect gravitational Virtual quanta (graviphotons) which in turn can transmit information instantaneously from any distance in the universe without scattering.

> QGAs for Transmission of Electric Power, solving the problem of wireless electric power transmission!

The paper concludes by saying that the process described is clearly a better way to control gravity. This is because the GCC is very easy to build, the cost is low and it works at ambient temperature.

So if it’s all that easy and cost effective to build a GCC, which is a starting point for all these applications, don’t you think this has been accomplished way back? And that much of this technology is presently being used? After all, Los Alamos isn't busy peeling potatoes!

The equations in the paper would be mind boggling to the uninitiated. You can just read between the lines to get an idea of where physics has headed!

Cheers!

Ref:
lanl.arxiv.org...
lanl.arxiv.org...
users.elo.com.br...

So, have we operationalized this theory? I haven't the faintest clue but I'm sure the black budget orgs must be working on this one right now! It's too huge a concept to be kept in a dusty file in a storage room. Imagine what would happen if we could succeed in FTL travel and communications!

Now this is at our stage of technology. Imagine what ETs millions of years ahead would have achieved? As Dr Michio Kaku says, a Type III space faring civilization would be so far advanced technologically that they would not only be traveling between galaxies but also between multiverses as a matter of course!

Where ETs are concerned, I have an open mind. Math and logic point to the reality of many advanced life forms in this huge universe. Only we haven’t contacted them as yet and therefore ET remains in the realms of speculation - as of now!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join